home
BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) BMW M2 G87 General Topics

05-18-2024, 01:42 PM   #1
owenmwalters
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M2

Angry Glovis sun shipping

Im week 24 out of 14 expected wait time for my M2,

I was confirmed on the GLOVIS SUN 5/4/24.

I was told my port drop off was 4/15/24 in Baltimore.

The GLOVIS SUN has stopped in TX, Brunswick GA, then skipped over BALTIMORE and has since been to NYC, and is headed for somewhere even further north of nyc.

So... Is it possible ive already gotten dropped off at another port and shipping has not updated?

Ive checked all the baltimore ports and none are expecting GLOVIS SUN within the next 30 days.

Salesperson also doubled down saying its for sure baltimore its going to.

I'm tired of waiting and the fun has gone away, im looking to another brand unless i can find some answers here, dealership has not been helpful...

TIA.

Last edited by owenmwalters; 05-18-2024 at 02:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2024, 01:58 PM   #2
td1439
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 430i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenmwalters View Post
The GLOVIS SUN has stopped in TX, Brunswick GA, then skipped over BALTIMORE and has since been to NYC, and is headed for somewhere even further north of boston
It's headed to Davisville, which is in RI and definitely not north of Boston. That looks to be a fairly small port and is not a place where BMWs are dropped off.

I would not be surprised if it was only in Davisville for a short time (heck, it was only in NY for eight and a half hours) then goes to Baltimore. I wouldn't worry too much about the port schedule web pages. The Brunswick page wasn't accurate in its details about GS arrival time, even once GS had already docked.

A lot of people, myself included, are dealing with a long wait for our East Coast cars made in Mexico (mine was ordered 2/8 and fully built on 3/28). My CA told me that there was a lack of shipping in April which backlogged a lot of cars. I can certainly understand the frustration with the length of this wait. I'm looking forward to having a car with the exact options I want, but I'm not sure I'd do this again.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2024, 02:04 PM   #3
owenmwalters
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M2

Thank you for your insightful comment, sorry for my lack of geographical awareness, im being dramatic and im tired of waiting, I agree, im excited for having exactly what I wanted but never doing this again.

Ive been looking at the logs as bible so that may be a better idea to not take them as face value.
Appreciate 1
td143957.00
      05-18-2024, 02:23 PM   #4
td1439
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 430i xDrive

Quote:
sorry for my lack of geographical awareness
lol nothing to apologize for. I'm a lifelong Masshole and live less than an hour and a half from the Davisville port, and until its name was mentioned on vesselfinder, I had no idea it existed at all
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2024, 03:21 PM   #5
Good 4 2 reasons
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 G42 m240ix, '18 X5 35d

Quote:

Im week 24 out of 14 expected wait time for my M2,

I was confirmed on the GLOVIS SUN 5/4/24.

I was told my port drop off was 4/15/24 in Baltimore.

The GLOVIS SUN has stopped in TX, Brunswick GA, then skipped over BALTIMORE and has since been to NYC, and is headed for somewhere even further north of nyc.

So... Is it possible ive already gotten dropped off at another port and shipping has not updated?

Ive checked all the baltimore ports and none are expecting GLOVIS SUN within the next 30 days.

Salesperson also doubled down saying its for sure baltimore its going to.

I'm tired of waiting and the fun has gone away, im looking to another brand unless i can find some answers here, dealership has not been helpful...

TIA.

My M2 is also on Glovis Sun. Baltimore does appear to be the VPC for cars headed to TN. From what everyone has said on other threads, Baltimore is the last stop for the Glovis Sun. We can all speculate as to why but with other Baltimore terminals inaccessible due to the bridge accident. They may want a completely empty ship to fully load with domestically produced vehicles for transport. All speculation of course.

The information available to the public on ship schedules can be sketchy at best for some carriers. I have tried navigating the Port of Baltimore website to find info on incoming ships and have not had any luck. The BMW VPC is part of the Tradepoint Terminal and is privately owned and operated, so there may not be as much info as you can find at say the Port of Brunswick which posts the schedules on a government website.

You will know when you car hits the port on your BMW order tracker when it goes back a step to "At the Port" instead of "In transit".

Best of luck!
2015 VW Golf 1.8t 5-speed (sold)
2004 Chevy Cavalier (hopefully crushed by now)
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2024, 04:10 PM   #6
Ravenseal
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 6MT

k lol

Retired: 2022 M240i xDrive | 2021 Audi RS5 | 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE 6MT | 2016 428i GC | 2011 BMW 335is
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2024, 04:59 PM   #7
M_Power Rob
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 M240 and '23 M2

I ordered first week of November 2022. Car was built in July and took delivery on August 31, 2023. Was supposed to have been offloaded st Brunswick but the port was full. It was late getting their, sat offshore for days. After a short dtay in Brunswick, was supposed to go to Baltimore but because they were late, it again sat offshore for days before going to New Jersey. Then it finally went to Baltimore for the offload and port installed items...then loaded on a truck to South Florida.

Bottom line, shit happens beyond anyone's control. Just be patient, its worth the wait...
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2024, 06:36 PM   #8
MADBMWX5MC
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X5MC

OP, hang in there, before you know it you will be driving your beautiful machine around and posting pics here...which we all expect, BTW
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2024, 07:37 PM   #9
bibd
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3

Genius told me last week that the Glovis Sun was due in Baltimore on 5/20. Seems like it got hung up a day at some point, so maybe 5/21 now. No idea why they decided to skip Baltimore then loop back around.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2024, 08:10 PM   #10
dand52261
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2 Pure Frozen Grey

My car was on this ship and Genius and my CA told me it was to be unloaded in Bayonne and then go to Boston area dealership. Hoping the 8 hours got some cars off quick?

Assuming they will not work weekends? Or have heard with priority one-customer sold they might and get them on a truck?? I am close to Davisville RI as well and strange to go there? I am hoping for next week delivery, however we will see. Being patient and my order was put in 3/22 so I know this has been crazy quick. It still is real hard!!
Appreciate 0