Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i xdrive

Rear suspension thump

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJZ67201 View Post
I have had none of the issues mentioned so far but will add to this:

1. Rear suspension thump - no official resolution
2. Rear deck lid vibration with loud music - added felt tape to stop plastic rattle
3. Creak / non-premium sound when pulling on the interior door handle - pulled on it really hard and that somewhat stopped it
I just got my G42 back from dealer today. Took it in for a thump from the rear end. Fait but noticed at lower speeds and could be manipulated and replicated by slightly getting on throttle and off throttle.
What the dealer replaced actually was the transfer case. They are sending it to be diagnosed for the failure. It did fix my problem and the sound went away.
Odd that the sound was behind me and case is beside me but it’s fixed. Work performed and Plano tx bmw.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2024, 08:08 PM   #46
Justwantitright
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i xdrive

Rear end thump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivr.Mod View Post
Reviving this thread. Anyone experiencing a thump or thud at low rpms when accelerating? For example.. when leaving a stop sign upon initial acceleration rear end area will thud. The go away. It doesnt do it 100% but if i keep trying it will replicate.
That describes my problem exactly. And the dealer just fixed it. I know the sound is behind you but the transfer case needed replaced on mine.
Appreciate 0