Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-RO View Post
Quote:
You'd be wrong.
Have any numbers to back that up?
I'm using the same hyperbole and anecdotal evidence the detractors are using. The detractors say, "ZOMG! These cars are just sitting on dealership lots. Nobody is buying them."

My local dealerships all throughout California can't even keep them in stock and are selling them above sticker all day long. People on the forums have issues obtaining allocations, and when somebody claims dealership ABC has X amount of cars on the lot (…usually basing that on internet sites that also tally in sold cars), I call and the dealership actually has none…..or maybe one.

So which is it? Are they selling or aren't they?!?!

The detractors will argue, "Well it's a chip shortage. Every car is selling with/without a mark-up. That doesn't mean the car is any good." I would challenge them to show me a large sample size of people who can just fuck off $80k+ on a car they don't like……and pay above sticker for it on top of that. It's just ridiculous. A person doesn't have to buy a G8X. They could spend that money elsewhere. They buy it because they like it.
I walked into the Porsche dealership and they only had a single sports car on the lot, boxter 4 cylinder in black with a MT. Everything fun is sold out everywhere. There is very little supply. It's not hard for demand to be higher than the supply when they only build a handful of cars.

Let's wait and see what happens when more than a trickle of sports cars are coming out of Germany. I mean new cars are so rare that used cars are just as expensive as new cars!!!
That's besides the point. People still aren't generally going to piss away money on something they don't like. You're not going to buy food, date someone, etc. that you don't enjoy.
‼️
      07-24-2021, 11:54 AM   #222
blau.violett.rot
still n0ringZ
Germany
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i xDrive Tanzanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
I like this one
This one would look way more appealing than the latest leaks of the angular front imo. This in combination with your recent rendering from left rear and we would have quite a worthy design of the F87 successor.
      07-24-2021, 11:58 AM   #223
gemini.m3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 xDrive comp

Quote:
So on one hand you utter it's all subjective, which is an explicit statement about the variances between people's tastes, feelings, perspectives, etc….

….yet, prior to that, you make finite statements such as, "enthusiasts won't like it"…….and if we use ONLY this forum as a reference, plenty of enthusiasts like the G8X and have purchased them. What gives you the authority to label who is and who isn't an enthusiast?!?
Enthusiasts too strong a statement, you’re right. As a long time bmw fan that has enjoyed the brand through the e and f generations, I just can’t get used to the new g styling. When I first looked at the e46 M3, e92 M3, f80 M3 and m2 comp I immediately said that’s hard, I want one. These designs I feel like I’m trying to convince myself they look good to somehow make it a complete package alongside it’s performance. It’s subjective but I’m surely not the only one who feels that way and it’s clear from the response in this thread alone.

If you like the new designs that’s sick, I envy you because the performance it comes with despite the additional weight is incredible. Just ain’t for me.
Appreciate 6
WWM3956.50
Sedan_Clan24817.00
Ugly Kar362.00
GuyOh1064.00
F87EVO4004.00
      07-24-2021, 12:01 PM   #224
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Fire Orange G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiebones View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mcarfan View Post
Quote:
And then the strong sales.
You say that as if strong sales corelate to anything design/beauty of the car itself. This may be true years ago, no longer with today's brand buyers.
It can look absolutely horrid yet brand zealots will still fork over cash.

Stop equating strong sales to anything of substance. If you like a broadly hated design just say it. No need to use a meaningless argument to support it.
Thank you for that thoroughly confusing response.

I have no opinion on this design, it's a test mule. I'm just suggesting the car will sell well.

You're suggesting I like a broadly hated design, ie, the g80? If that's your statement, I would say that the term "broadly hated" is a huge exaggeration. The vast majority of the public loves the G80 (driving around in one is an insane experience, people have universally positive responses in person), even if many long time BMW enthusiasts/consumers don't care for the front fascia, weight gain, etc.

If I am making an incorrect assumption about your inference please correct me.
You can't use in person response to determine if people generally like the look of a car. No one has ever walked up to me and told me my car was ugly. I've never walked up to anyone and told them their car is ugly. Yet I've seen countless ugly cars with owners standing next to them. It would be so rude to walk over and tell them how terribly ugly their car is.
What about all the thumbs up I get at lights? I suppose they are of the ironic variety? What about the people who ask my permission to take pictures any time I park the car? Look at this gorgeous bitch and tell me she's ugly…

Wait we are way off topic here lol.
Attached Images

Appreciate 9
Sedan_Clan24817.00
siegester341.00
chicagofan0018923.00
Patton2502936.50
Davil6333.50
manuelf340.00
02M3ForMe4255.50
F87EVO4004.00
      07-24-2021, 12:01 PM   #225
///M TOWN
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.78]
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0ringZ View Post
Quote:
I like this one
This one would look way more appealing than the latest leaks of the angular front imo. This in combination with your recent rendering from left rear and we would have quite a worthy design of the F87 successor.
Those leaked pictures are confirmed not to be the real thing
      07-24-2021, 12:05 PM   #226
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJaw View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You say that as if strong sales corelate to anything design/beauty of the car itself. This may be true years ago, no longer with today's brand buyers.

Stop equating strong sales to anything of substance. If you like a broadly hated design just say it. No need to use a meaningless argument to support it.

I have no opinion on this design, it's a test mule. I'm just suggesting the car will sell well.

You're suggesting I like a broadly hated design, ie, the g80? If that's your statement, I would say that the term "broadly hated" is a huge exaggeration. The vast majority of the public loves the G80 (driving around in one is an insane experience, people have universally positive responses in person), even if many long time BMW enthusiasts/consumers don't care for the front fascia, weight gain, etc.

The car is ugly dude get over it. I love how the people who bought the new M3/M4 are trying so hard to defend it. You bought it for the performance point blank period. And I guarantee if bmw had a package for a better looking grill everyone who bought it would have paid the price. So stop arguing.
You are the worst of us. You assume (incorrectly) that because you do not like something, it is impossible for others to have a contrary opinion. I respect your right to dislike the G80 and can understand why. You do not think it's possible to have a contrary opinion and assume I'm lying to myself to convince myself to like a $93k car that I secretly/subconsciously find ugly. That is a species of narcissism rarely seen.

I love the car. Here's my CS next to my G80, and I'll take my G80 every time.
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
chicagofan0018923.00
DZ F30300.50
Jaguar1018.50
manuelf340.00
02M3ForMe4255.50
      07-24-2021, 12:09 PM   #227
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You'd be wrong.
I'm using the same hyperbole and anecdotal evidence the detractors are using. The detractors say, "ZOMG! These cars are just sitting on dealership lots. Nobody is buying them."

My local dealerships all throughout California can't even keep them in stock and are selling them above sticker all day long. People on the forums have issues obtaining allocations, and when somebody claims dealership ABC has X amount of cars on the lot (…usually basing that on internet sites that also tally in sold cars), I call and the dealership actually has none…..or maybe one.

The detractors will argue, "Well it's a chip shortage. Every car is selling with/without a mark-up. That doesn't mean the car is any good." I would challenge them to show me a large sample size of people who can just fuck off $80k+ on a car they don't like……and pay above sticker for it on top of that. It's just ridiculous. A person doesn't have to buy a G8X. They could spend that money elsewhere. They buy it because they like it.
I walked into the Porsche dealership and they only had a single sports car on the lot, boxter 4 cylinder in black with a MT. Everything fun is sold out everywhere. There is very little supply. It's not hard for demand to be higher than the supply when they only build a handful of cars.

Let's wait and see what happens when more than a trickle of sports cars are coming out of Germany. I mean new cars are so rare that used cars are just as expensive as new cars!!!
That's besides the point. People still aren't generally going to piss away money on something they don't like. You're not going to buy food, date someone, etc. that you don't enjoy.
People keep telling me I secretly hate a car I spent $93k on. It's disconcerting.
Appreciate 1
siegester341.00
      07-24-2021, 01:13 PM   #228
InTheNightKitchen
Ignorance is Bliss?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1 of Many

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92ben View Post
Time to fire Markus Flasch. He's gone to far with approving all this shit.
Finally someone who effin gets itz I've been saying for years. Someone has to approve the designs.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2021, 01:22 PM   #229
omasou
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer North View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by omasou View Post
Quote:
Maybe I am wrong but I do not think the 4 series is selling well. I hardly see any on the road.
I've seen 2 so far and just shake my head when I do.

I'm guessing the only folks buying these will be leasers that need something to tide them over until we swing out of this current design trend.
So lease something you don't like? Just switch brands and vote with your wallet. Those first year excitement sales will die off quickly.
I didn't say that they'll lease something they don't like. They may actually like it or it's more important to flex that they have the latest greatest M3/M4 vs they have the ugliest M3/M4 yet produced.
Appreciate 1
Jockey3434.50
      07-24-2021, 01:41 PM   #230
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You can't use in person response to determine if people generally like the look of a car. No one has ever walked up to me and told me my car was ugly. I've never walked up to anyone and told them their car is ugly. Yet I've seen countless ugly cars with owners standing next to them. It would be so rude to walk over and tell them how terribly ugly their car is.
What about all the thumbs up I get at lights? I suppose they are of the ironic variety? What about the people who ask my permission to take pictures any time I park the car? Look at this gorgeous bitch and tell me she's ugly…

Wait we are way off topic here lol.
I don't know what point you're trying to make. I never said not a single person likes the car. I said people who don't like it are probably not going to give you negative feedback in person. If you don't realize this, then it will seem like everyone likes the car. I've literally never in my life had anyone come up to me unsolicited and tell me my cars look ugly. Am I to conclude since I've only ever gotten complements at stop lights, gas stations, and parkinglots that everyone who's seen the car either likes the way it looks or is indifferent? No one thinks my cars look ugly or weird?
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2021, 01:47 PM   #231
akkando
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You'd be wrong.

I'm not saying there isn't a single person who likes the car. If a dealer only has one car it only takes one person who likes it with money to have the dealership sold out.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2021, 02:53 PM   #232
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabellapizza View Post
Lol not sure if you wanna call dog shit design "progress" but aight. I'm sure the cars will continue to drive "better" but look worse.
Do you own a BMW? Just curious.

I take it all you people that are highly upset with all these changes BMW is making would just prefer these automobiles to look the exact same way they did in let’s say 2014? Not change at all? I mean it’s obvious that you guys are all in the minority on this since sales are high on all these vehicles. I realize you don’t like to hear that and you use excuses like Covid and such and that’s OK if it makes you feel better on the inside to justify your feelings but it doesn’t change the fact that tons of people obviously like these new designs and are buying them. I’m one of them. I just find it interesting to see so many supposed BMW enthusiast absolutely devastated, insulting, harsh as well as livid over BMW changing these vehicles around. Part of me just laughs but then again part of me actually feels bad for you guys. I have no common point of reference with you because I’ve never owned a BMW until now and I like the old designs and the new designs. I would suggest that those of you that hate where BMW is going so much to find a different brand to go hang out with. Especially like this guy above who doesn’t seem to even own a BMW.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2021, 03:10 PM   #233
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You'd be wrong.

I'm not saying there isn't a single person who likes the car. If a dealer only has one car it only takes one person who likes it with money to have the dealership sold out.

….sold out because they've sold all of their allocations. Regardless of what people who dislike the design choose to think, the car isn't a failure.
Appreciate 1
manuelf340.00
      07-24-2021, 05:02 PM   #234
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubchariot View Post
Guess BMW is watching Bimmerpost as well. The more leaks we can find, the less camouflage they will put on their prototype cars😜
Will be hounding the Chinese IG for more leaks.
      07-24-2021, 05:03 PM   #235
Game
------
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I like this one
I'll take that all day. Even with horizontal slatted grills.
      07-24-2021, 05:15 PM   #236
akkando
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You'd be wrong.

….sold out because they've sold all of their allocations. Regardless of what people who dislike the design choose to think, the car isn't a failure.
There's almost no supply of g8x m cars or any other performance cars period.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2021, 05:22 PM   #237
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You'd be wrong.

Yes, we know that. All of that is irrelevant.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2021, 05:29 PM   #238
thatBimmerBloke
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick3753 View Post
I don't know. If you zoom in on the passenger side headlight it appears to follow a more "traditional" gradual slope up towards the grille compared to the 2 series. But maybe the camo is fooling me, as it's designed to do.
I agree, passenger side is a bit clearer and the outline of headlights does not look to be as that of the new M240i. Looks more like L shaped single LED version of LCI F90 M5.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2021, 05:32 PM   #239
akkando
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You'd be wrong.

The fact that other performance cars are not available to purchase has no bearing whatsoever on the demand for g8x m cars?
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2021, 05:33 PM   #240
Game
------
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBimmerBloke View Post
I agree, passenger side is a bit clearer and the outline of headlights does not look to be as that of the new M240i. Looks more like L shaped single LED version of LCI F90 M5.
It would also explain the difference in the headlight groove in the leaked bumper.
      07-24-2021, 05:38 PM   #241
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You'd be wrong.

The fact that other performance cars are not available to purchase has no bearing whatsoever on the demand for g8x m cars?
You guys are being obtuse.

IF someone hated the G8X, they could simply order a car from another marquee (…just like those of us waiting months/over a year for our 992's or other automotive choice), buy used or save their money and wait. This situation we are in is TEMPORARY. Nobody HAS to buy a car NOW. The assertion that people buy the G8X simply because of the lack of options is stupid, right along with the assertion that people buy cars they don't think look particularly good. The latter might apply to a small sample size of buyers, but surely the majority buy cars they like. To assert that someone would spend $80-100k on a car they didn't like, and to use that rationale to explain why the G8X is selling…..is absurd.
Appreciate 4
EXE462097.00
chicagofan0018923.00
manuelf340.00
02M3ForMe4255.50
      07-24-2021, 05:50 PM   #242
Jaguar
Mark 42
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90post_user View Post
So normalish sized grilles, but horizontal slots. The mockup of the front bumper looks like at some point BMW designers thought of slapping the lung grilles, realized there will be no space left to put the rest of car there, and kept the ugly nostril indent.
Glad I went with one of the last F87's.
Huh? 🤷🏻🤦🏻
Appreciate 0