E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > DSC voltage spikes

07-22-2024, 12:26 AM   #1
E335IA
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I E92

Hello guys,

I have an E92 335I. I've been chasing so many things on the car and it's an error after an Error.

First issue with DSC:
Yaw rate sensor connectors were worn out and burned. Fixes that and everything looks good.

Two days later DSC light are back!

Second issue: wheel speed sensor! Fixed. (Voltage too High was first seen)

Third issue:(pain in my A**)

I'm getting a high system voltage for only the DSC Module. It happens very random either City or highway. I'll be cursing and next thing I know my Idrive goes out for a second and then comes back. second time will be instrument cluster and Idrive complete shutdown for a second and everything comes back to life. I pulled out ISTA codes and here is what I have:

005DF7 DSC: System voltage too high
005Е63 DSC: Instrument cluster, interface
00A9AC ULF-SBX-Hi overvoltage (bluetooth)

things I've done to the car recently:
*95 AMP COSTCO AGM battery; Have coded it with NCS expert & dummy to be 90 AGM battery

*New voltage regulator; BOSCH from fcp euro

*Walnut blasting

*index 12 injectors

* dinan coil packs

* YAW Rate Sensor fixed and rewired

* AC Fixed

*OIL change

Troubleshooting:

*checked battery ground. it was loose and I tightened it up
*tested voltage during driving 13.3-13.8 using secret menu
*tested alternator using ISTA
*tested battery during IDLE and revved up to 5K while measuring 13.5/14.2 at the battery.
*checked grounds under hood. all looked good.

I honestly dont know where to look or how to go about this. voltage will go to 15.5-16V when the IDRIVE goes berserk and the cluster. "I wasn't hitting bumps" Sometimes it happens sometimes. its weird and ISTA doesn't tell me much or it tells me replace voltage Regulator but I already did or tells me Ignore it its nothing a " Random error IGNORE". I would really appreciate any help. im just lost in all of this and genuinely dont even know where to look or why is this happening I would really appreciate anything and suggestions. Next im going to get a new ground off eBay with IBS and go from there.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0