bimmerpost/
BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Technical Topics (G42) App, Nav, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

04-22-2024, 01:17 PM   #1
Jedclampet
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 Black

Searching for high end sound quality

For starters I own a 2024 M 240 has the HK and wasn't that thrilled. In some previous cars I spent time and money to greatly improve the audio quality and had great results. This time having owned and used Audiotec Fisher gear in the past I bought the Bimmertech Alpha amp kit. I knew the quality going in and expected a pretty easy plug and play and assumed their tune was going to please me. Here's my review:
The plug and play harnesses couldn't be easier most will not have any difficulty, I removed a few panels added a power and ground in about an hour. Turn the car on and and set the sound as per Bimmertech's neutral settings without the logic surround, It was an eye opener more power and presence was immediately noticed and a wider fuller sound stage, like getting out of a 4 cylinder and into a v8. Yet something was off, I then deleted the ASD and now we're talking very clear high sound quality through all genre's and volume levels. These guys must have spent time and recourses tuning that amp's dsp. I have absolutely no regrets and enjoy my time in this car so much more, highly recommended. Btw I don not work for them or received any compensation, just a very satisfied customer.
      04-22-2024, 06:06 PM   #2
Fronzdan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 M240 xDrive

Did you delete ASD or just uncheck it in idrive? Actually I don’t even know if the check box in iDrive actually shuts it off or just alters it somehow?!
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2024, 12:26 AM   #3
Ricochet48
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 RSX-S

On the Bimmertech if you manually select the G42 with an HK system, it says only the Lightway amp for $2K works (which I believe is more powerful).

However, when entering a VIN of a G42 with HK, it says Alpha One. Wild that the price has jumped so much, with the coding it's $1,847.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2024, 09:04 AM   #4
Jedclampet
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 Black

ASD and Alpha amp

For the ASD I used the Bimmercode ap and bluetooth device that Bimmercode recommends and disabled it there. Btw that ap does many other great things worth looking into.

For the amp with my vin entered only the Alpha amp is compatible
My car is a 2024 M240ix. w / HK

My 2 cents in the past X3 I installed and tuned the Audiotec dsp with class A amps from Mosconi, Zapco and others with Dyn Audio speakers ran wire all over the car and found some really bright people to tune it. It was amazing, it was also a quieter car that I commuted in and enjoyed what I built. For me this car is a very focused driver always ready to attack a corner and this system exceeds my goals. From where I came from in the X3 I can really appreciate the expertise that went into the tuning from Bimmertech.

I don't believe that you could get a better outcome for anywhere near their price, you would likely have to spend much more and hey it only took me an hour or so. Can't beat that.