BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

09-15-2023, 02:15 PM   #1
danallxt
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240x, 2007 Honda VFR

F1 and BMW at the "Ring"

Note: there is no BMW 2 series content in this post. (not sure what BMW model is in the utube)

There is a recent utube i ran across of a recent outing of 2 Red Bull F1 cars ( a 2011 RB7 and a 2012 RB8) driven by Vettel and David Coulthard
around the "Ring". Great audio and video, and it is obvious they are really driving these V8's at a really fast clip.....but strangely there is a BMW sedan tailing em, and a BMW sedan in front driving at the same pace. Obviously they must stay behind the lead BMW "pace" car, but from the on board camera of Vettel's car he is really haulin ass, but the BMWs are obviously at a similar pace.
Did not post a link as not sure it would carry over, but if there is interest i can try.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2023, 04:30 AM   #2
Evilmoretea
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 2 Series (G42)

Yeah I saw that video and wondered the same. I imagine the video is edited and there are moments where the F1 cars are slowing down and letting the lead pace car build a gap.
Appreciate 0