BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

02-03-2024, 11:30 PM   #89
abrandonment
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

The VR view is badass. Really annoying we can't have it.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2024, 11:15 AM   #90
Littlecoupe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i

I don't use the 3D view much (only tried it a couple times to see), but I do like the 360 camera, particularly the front camera. Lots of high curbs around me if parking with the nose forward, plus it's useful for parking in our smaller garage. I can line up the guide line with the toolbox in front of my car and have the car parked in the same spot every time.

Not a necessity for me, but I like having it.
Appreciate 1
wb8164128.50
      02-06-2024, 03:48 PM   #91
wb8164
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BG 230i

I'll echo that I enjoy the 360 camera features. I probably would not have ordered it, but the car I purchased came equipped with it. As noted, it's very handy for parking, though I have yet to use the self-park feature.

Also, the remote camera feature, while mostly a gimmick, has its uses. I used it recently when my car was at the dealer for several days. I was able to check progress, or lack of it, by seeing where my car was parked and seeing if it had been moved.

Finally, you can read the license plates of cars parked in front or behind you.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2024, 08:54 PM   #92
Thundernight
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240xi

The drive recorder is pretty useless. It only saves 45 seconds of video before overwriting the footage. If you want to manually save a driving event, its already too late..

Many $200 dashcams you can buy online are more capable and have the ability to save directly to an SD card without the need to overwrite video so quickly.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2024, 10:02 PM   #93
rons e92
60-130 Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

The dealer I traded my M240i into paid me $5k over book value for my car with ZTK, and they sold it in 5 days. Based on that alone, I'd say get it.

Get the lights. Every time you see a car with the lighting package you're going to wish you got it. (Like me in my F30 days with the halogens.)

I liked the parking assistance package, I absultely hate that it wasn't an option on my M2.

Get the M Performance HAS port installed. Have spacers ready at home.

Enjoy it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexC2er View Post
What size did you get for the vs5rs wheels? I might get them for my summers. Right now I have factory ztk wheel with Michelin alpin pa4 on them
VS5-RS wheels will make a clicking sound. I wish someone told me that before I got them on my M240i. It's horrible.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2024, 07:09 AM   #94
AlexC2er
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G42 M240i RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rons e92 View Post
The dealer I traded my M240i into paid me $5k over book value for my car with ZTK, and they sold it in 5 days. Based on that alone, I'd say get it.

Get the lights. Every time you see a car with the lighting package you're going to wish you got it. (Like me in my F30 days with the halogens.)

I liked the parking assistance package, I absultely hate that it wasn't an option on my M2.

Get the M Performance HAS port installed. Have spacers ready at home.

Enjoy it!

VS5-RS wheels will make a clicking sound. I wish someone told me that before I got them on my M240i. It's horrible.
What kind of click sound? Is it very noticeable?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2024, 07:12 AM   #95
rons e92
60-130 Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Quote:
What kind of click sound? Is it very noticeable?
I recorded this in my M240i with Apex VS5RS wheels.

https://youtube.com/shorts/C3GNROCDE...TQf1nsbs5eUxSC
Appreciate 1
AlexC2er108.00
      02-09-2024, 07:14 AM   #96
AlexC2er
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G42 M240i RWD

Quote:
I recorded this in my M240i with Apex VS5RS wheels.

https://youtube.com/shorts/C3GNROCDE...TQf1nsbs5eUxSC
Wow, that is annoying. I wonder why the wheels do that?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2024, 07:24 AM   #97
BG42
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240ix

Quote:
I don't think they all do but it would be cool as active as the Expert@ApexWheels are here if they would say something about it. 3800 for a set of forged wheels is a great price.

Last edited by BG42; 02-09-2024 at 07:35 AM..
Appreciate 1
AlexC2er108.00
      02-09-2024, 08:25 AM   #98
rons e92
60-130 Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It's something with the design of the back face and the harmonic vibrations.

I bought these wheels through a group buy, and blew all the money I saved by trying to solve this issue. Initially I thought I had a nail in my tire or something. Went to a local tire shop, had them throw the car on the life, and together we inspected all 4 tires and nothing. Cost me $40.

Than I went to BMW, had to pay $200+ for their time because I was convinced that I had a bad wheel bearing. The tech sent me video of everything and there were no issues with any of the wheel bearings. They applied a shitload of antiseize to the face of the hubs, which nearly eliminated it for about 5 minutes on my drive home, then it came back. The video I recorded and posted here was filmed as I was pulling into the garage coming home from the dealer.

Many people have brought this up across these forums in multiple threads. I even started a thread on it last year and others were having the same issue. The only solve that some people had identified, I didn't even try this, was to run a very small spacer.

The whole reason people buy custom wheels is to avoid the use of a spacer.

Apex doesn't address this anywhere on Bimmerpost or in any videos or marketing anywhere.

Also worth noting, I sold the wheels to a friend with a G20 M340i and they click exactly the same. It's 100% the wheels.
Appreciate 1
AlexC2er108.00
      02-09-2024, 08:31 AM   #99
BG42
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240ix

Quote:

I bought these wheels through a group buy, and blew all the money I saved by trying to solve this issue. Initially I thought I had a nail in my tire or something. Went to a local tire shop, had them throw the car on the life, and together we inspected all 4 tires and nothing. Cost me $40.

Than I went to BMW, had to pay $200+ for their time because I was convinced that I had a bad wheel bearing. The tech sent me video of everything and there were no issues with any of the wheel bearings. They applied a shitload of antiseize to the face of the hubs, which nearly eliminated it for about 5 minutes on my drive home, then it came back. The video I recorded and posted here was filmed as I was pulling into the garage coming home from the dealer.

Many people have brought this up across these forums in multiple threads. I even started a thread on it last year and others were having the same issue. The only solve that some people had identified, I didn't even try this, was to run a very small spacer.

Apex doesn't address this anywhere on Bimmerpost or in any videos or marketing anywhere.

Also worth noting, I sold the wheels to a friend with a G20 M340i and they click exactly the same. It's 100% the wheels.

Yeah their lack of response has been my hold up. I have been looking for wheels for a bit now probably just going to go with either hre or vorsteiner.
Appreciate 1
rons e921421.50
      02-09-2024, 08:57 PM   #100
pantdino
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW E36 M3, 2024 M240i RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJZ67201 View Post
Disagree. Parking package adds 360 cameras and the ability to remotely view your cars surroundings from the app. Well worth the price especially considering resale… plus drive recorder doubles as a 360 dashcam…again… well worth the price
Agreed, unless you never have to maneuver or park in tight areas spots.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2024, 09:47 PM   #101
pantdino
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentland View Post
…which prevents brake fade helping you to err, stop better
IF you are tracking the car. The brakes will not fade in non-track mode unless you own a canyon road you can drive at max speed.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2024, 10:01 PM   #102
MPR
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantdino View Post
IF you are tracking the car. The brakes will not fade in non-track mode unless you own a canyon road you can drive at max speed.
The big calipers look cool
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2024, 10:01 PM   #103
pantdino
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

That's concerning. Something is moving or flexing that isn't supposed to move or flex. Hopefully the wheel is just moving on the studs. Alloy only flexes a certain number of times until it fractures. Having a wheel disintegrate at racing speeds could be disasterous.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2024, 10:47 AM   #104
pantdino
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentland View Post
No. You can’t beat physics.
They help in increased cooling therefore reduces brake fade so you stop more reliably more often.
Except if you run street / track pads, those pads grip very poorly until they are warm / hot. So for moderate use you're better off with less cooling.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2024, 11:01 AM   #105
pantdino
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickooz View Post
I'm trying to price out m240i and im getting qoute of $69,364. Pretty much everything minus cruise assistant. Thinking about removing the ZTK package because its kind of breaking the bank.

Can I negotiate government fee, proc/doc fees out? I'm not paying for Nitrofill.....

msrp- $62,270
Governmnet fee-$422.72
proc/doc fee- $799.00
nitrofil- $253.00
Total Taxes- $5619.83
Amount Financed- $69.364.55
I would call other dealers to see if they will sell you the car without those 3 BS charges. I told mine upfront that I wouldn't be paying stuff like that. I think it's incorrect to say this is a $70K car- Sales and license taxes are in not BMW's control, and are the references to the $75K M2 mean that is out the door? I doubt it.

If you think you will be tracking the car a lot, go for the big brakes and skip the leather. (Probably weighs more than the Sensa anyway). I didn't like any of the leather colors and got the Sensa, which I am very happy with.

Go with non-run flat performance tires if you want decent tires. If you think you will notice the appearance difference with the big brakes and it's worth $2500 to you, go for it. I don't spend much time staring at my car so it wasn't for me.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2024, 06:37 PM   #106
slickooz
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantdino View Post
I would call other dealers to see if they will sell you the car without those 3 BS charges. I told mine upfront that I wouldn't be paying stuff like that. I think it's incorrect to say this is a $70K car- Sales and license taxes are in not BMW's control, and are the references to the $75K M2 mean that is out the door? I doubt it.

If you think you will be tracking the car a lot, go for the big brakes and skip the leather. (Probably weighs more than the Sensa anyway). I didn't like any of the leather colors and got the Sensa, which I am very happy with.

Go with non-run flat performance tires if you want decent tires. If you think you will notice the appearance difference with the big brakes and it's worth $2500 to you, go for it. I don't spend much time staring at my car so it wasn't for me.
I ended up getting hooked up with a family friend. OTD was $64,550 got leather seats, ztk package and almost all add on (-assisted cruise control) no BS fees.

I asked about 5-6 dealers locally and all didnt budge and had a ton of marked up fees. One qouted me $68,880 OTD, other one wanted $68,080. I think $64,550 was the best I was going get locally.
Appreciate 1
      02-11-2024, 09:58 PM   #107
pantdino
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickooz View Post
I ended up getting hooked up with a family friend. OTD was $64,550 got leather seats, ztk package and almost all add on (-assisted cruise control) no BS fees.

I asked about 5-6 dealers locally and all didnt budge and had a ton of marked up fees. One qouted me $68,880 OTD, other one wanted $68,080. I think $64,550 was the best I was going get locally.
I think that was a really good price
Appreciate 1