home
BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

02-15-2024, 06:29 PM   #1
kageyama999
Rep
Drives: G42 2022

G42 didn't come with rubber lip

Hi friends,

I am looking at photos of stock 230i / G42's and they all come with rubber front lips.

I just bought mine from a dealership a few months ago and it does not have it.

My car also only had 5k miles and was a courtesy vehicle, so had no real owners.

Should I ask my dealership to install the front rubber lip since mine never came with one and it should be part of the car?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2024, 06:42 PM   #2
J-RO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M240ix

Ask. You have nothing to loose.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2024, 09:25 AM   #3
VegasG42
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M240i xDrive

You can ask , but used cars are typically sold with or without a remaining warranty , and also 'as is' or owing something with the vehicle.

So basically, unless they agreed to give you anything after the sale, they don't owe you the lower lip piece.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2024, 05:47 PM   #4
kwikit356
Private
Rep
Drives: 23 M240ix 16 Porsche Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasG42 View Post
You can ask , but used cars are typically sold with or without a remaining warranty , and also 'as is' or owing something with the vehicle.

So basically, unless they agreed to give you anything after the sale, they don't owe you the lower lip piece.
I think if the car is within the main warranty period the OP should get the part, if it was included on the car from BMW- the manufacturer, even if it also gets a CPO additional warranty. This is not a defect, or the owner's fault. Part of the car is missing (again, this assumes it was originally on the car).
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2024, 12:44 PM   #5
LivingInSalt
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikit356 View Post
I think if the car is within the main warranty period the OP should get the part, if it was included on the car from BMW- the manufacturer, even if it also gets a CPO additional warranty. This is not a defect, or the owner's fault. Part of the car is missing (again, this assumes it was originally on the car).
You think if a previous owner took off the rear lip spoiler and debadged the car, then a used car seller is obligated to find those parts and add them back on?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2024, 02:47 PM   #6
BG42
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240ix

look for marks of an aftermarket lip, probably had one took it off when they sold it didnt bother putting the rubber lip back on.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2024, 07:06 PM   #7
kwikit356
Private
Rep
Drives: 23 M240ix 16 Porsche Spyder

LivingInSalt:"You think if a previous owner took off the rear lip spoiler and debadged the car, then a used car seller is obligated to find those parts and add them back on?"

Good point!

I was thinking about a accidentally missing lip, not a situation like you describe.

The OP said: "I just bought mine from a dealership a few months ago and it does not have it."

and

"My car also only had 5k miles and was a courtesy vehicle, so had no real owners."

I based my opinion on what he stated, meaning the car was still owned by the BMW dealership. Other than the limited circumstances I agree with you completely. I should have clearly stated that.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2024, 01:48 PM   #8
kageyama999
Rep
Drives: G42 2022

Thank you everyone for all the help and informative comments. Great community

I stopped by the BMW dealership I bought the car at and was at the parts store - gave them my VIN and they said that my car actually never had the rubber lip coming out the factory and that it only comes with M Sport Pro packages, not plain old M sport package.

Mystery solved I guess?
Appreciate 1
pw490.50
      02-26-2024, 04:28 AM   #9
Evilmoretea
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 2 Series (G42)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kageyama999 View Post
Thank you everyone for all the help and informative comments. Great community

I stopped by the BMW dealership I bought the car at and was at the parts store - gave them my VIN and they said that my car actually never had the rubber lip coming out the factory and that it only comes with M Sport Pro packages, not plain old M sport package.

Mystery solved I guess?
This tracks, in the UK the M Sport is the standard model and does not come with a front rubber splitter or the rear bootlid spoiler. The M Sport Pro pack add these along with some gloss black trim.
Appreciate 1
pw490.50