BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

02-15-2024, 02:37 AM   #1
manni22gp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: The ultimate driving machine!

Completed my M240i xDrive custom-mods build - pics

Hello all.

I'm creating a new thread for a summary and photos of my wife’s now completed M240i xDrive.

Backstory - my wife's X4 xDrive28i M Sport Package was due for replacement, since she has had it since 2015 - it has been a fantastic car, never missing a beat, even in our super-hot conditions out here.

I do like to tinker with our cars, so the X4 was kitted-out with M Performance items, AC Schnitzer quad-exit exhaust system, and Dinan Stg.1 - enought to let it stand out, and enough poke to harass the multitude of V8 Nissan Patrol and Toyota Land-Cruisers that seem to want to push one off the road at every opportunity.

Since the kids are now overseas at University, my wife was keen to change direction from a mom-mobile, to something sportier - enter the M240i xDrive!

This was a right-up-my-alley proposition, since the M240i would lend itself to more creativity on the looks.

Brooklyn Grey is her favourite BMW colour so I placed the order in mid 2023, and the car arrived in December.

In the interim I worked on a plan for the mods, and ordered all the items - the final ones to arrive last week being the 6sixty custom-wheels in 20" - I had wanted 21" just because, but it became clear these would simply not work.

The end result is this, and I welcome any questions you may have:
Attached Images

Appreciate 7
Red_sir134.50
P_Chris156.50
BG42399.50
TJZ67201843.50
VegasG42381.00
Coconut768.50
      02-15-2024, 07:28 AM   #2
BG42
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240ix

Looks amazing, good stance and the painted lowers and rears look great. Brooklyn gray can kind of be a weird color for wheels imo but painting the lowers and rear make it look amazing with gold/bronze. I think leaving the side blades off makes the painted sides look even better. What is it lowered on? Is it wrapped with matte ppf?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2024, 10:57 AM   #3
manni22gp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: The ultimate driving machine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG42 View Post
Looks amazing, good stance and the painted lowers and rears look great. Brooklyn gray can kind of be a weird color for wheels imo but painting the lowers and rear make it look amazing with gold/bronze. I think leaving the side blades off makes the painted sides look even better. What is it lowered on? Is it wrapped with matte ppf?
Thanks!
It's on MSS springs, and it's a matte ppf.
Appreciate 0