home
BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

02-23-2024, 08:02 AM   #1
kageyama999
Rep
Drives: G42 2022

Is this G42 trade worth it?

Hi friends,

I own a 2022 brooklyn grey g42 with 9k miles. Absolutely love it, has almost everything I need except the M Sport Pro package (heated steering wheel, heated seats, Live Cockpit Pro). Also has the basic headlights and not the cooler ones

https://g87.bimmerpost.com/forums/at...1&d=1667736121

I've found a 2022 g42 with 18k miles with the M Sport Pro, (also has the black trim on the kidney grill, black wheels, fancy question mark headlights, and red M brake calipers as a result - all of which I'm too lazy to get on my car).

The only thing is the color on the other vehicle is terrible. So the two downsides are I would have to get the car wrapped and I lose 9k miles. But I gain the live cockpit pro cluster, heated seats and heated steering wheel and bunch of exterior trim. All stuff that I want to code on my current vehicle but not possible / too much effort.

Not sure if this matters but my current vehicle is from a BMW dealership and was a courtesy vehicle prior to me owning it. This other one I'd be trading for is from a 3rd party dealership but the carfax looks clean at first glance.

Would it be worth trading my vehicle and then just wrapping the new car in the color I want?

What are y'alls thoughts? Thank you!

Would that be worth it?

Last edited by kageyama999; 02-23-2024 at 06:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2024, 08:14 AM   #2
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 ZB M2 6-speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kageyama999 View Post
Hi friends,

I own a brooklyn grey g42 with 9k miles. Absolutely love it, has almost everything I need except the M Sport Pro package (heated steering wheel, heated seats, Live Cockpit Pro)

I've found a 2 series with 18k miles with the M Sport Pro, (also has the black trim on the grill and wheels as a result which I'm too lazy to get on my car).

The only thing is the color on the other vehicle is terrible. So the two downsides are I would have to get the car wrapped and I lose 10k miles.

Would it be worth trading my vehicle and then just wrapping the new car in the color I want?

Would that be worth it?
Only you can make that decision.

But trading for a car with more miles. In a color you consider terrible and are considering the trouble and extra expense to wrap the car. All to get heated seats, heated steering wheel, and Live Cockpit Pro?...

Just doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

But if you feel you can't live with/enjoy the car you have with it missing those options...

Have you looked for a new in stock car which has all the options you want and in a color you won't have to wrap to tolerate?
Appreciate 1
andrewr45.00
      02-23-2024, 11:14 AM   #3
vicbmw
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Quote:
Hi friends,

I own a 2022 brooklyn grey g42 with 9k miles. Absolutely love it, has almost everything I need except the M Sport Pro package (heated steering wheel, heated seats, Live Cockpit Pro)

I've found a 2022 g42 with 18k miles with the M Sport Pro, (also has the black trim on the grill and wheels as a result which I'm too lazy to get on my car).

The only thing is the color on the other vehicle is terrible. So the two downsides are I would have to get the car wrapped and I lose 9k miles. But I gain the live cockpit pro cluster, heated seats and heated steering wheel. All stuff that I want to code on my current vehicle but not possible / too much effort.

Would that be worth it?

The best comment that I can make for this question is to agree that only YOU can make this decision effectively. But based on all of your criteria and the choice... if you make the trade you will regret it. You already have a car as a known entity that you really "love", so adding stuff that you are convinced that you want, in a color that you don't like, and will wrap to hide the color, is a bad decision waiting to happen.

Good luck...
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2024, 01:46 PM   #4
kageyama999
Rep
Drives: G42 2022

Totally agreed, my bad impulses are taking over...

But I should mention it's also the M Sport Red brake calipers and the fancy headlights. My current model has the base headlights which look way worse...

Guess I was just looking for someone to reaffirm this bad impulse that I should let pass.

My logic was paying to get a car wrapped is easier than getting all that other stuff in my current model

Much appreciate your help

Last edited by kageyama999; 02-23-2024 at 04:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2024, 05:22 PM   #5
oldbmwtech
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Quote:
Totally agreed, my bad impulses are taking over...

But I should mention it's also the M Sport Red brake calipers and the fancy headlights. My current model has the base headlights which look way worse...

Guess I was just looking for someone to reaffirm this bad impulse that I should let pass.

My logic was paying to get a car wrapped is easier than getting all that other stuff in my current model

Much appreciate your help
Just curious what are the going to give you for your car and how much for used one.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2024, 11:57 PM   #6
marcsg42
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M240i

I dont think its worth the trade,one there are negatives with that package,having a oil cooler in a vulnerable place for damage,more parts = more weight,if you had it there to begin with its a nice feature but not necessary,1stockf30 does not have this upgrade and he is running 8.6 sec 1/4 that should speak for itself
Appreciate 0