bmwloverm2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i 2022

M240i with non-ZTK break upgrade --> Mild bite at first half of breaking

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hi All,

Note to mods: I posted this in general forum because i'm looking to gather impression of other non-ZTK M240i owners, if I place it in the brakes subforum, probably few will comment. I understand this will end up moved to that sub-forum but would be great if it stays in general couple of days

I am not here to complain about the G42 not breaking well, it does break well however i'm surprised that it does not bite more in the early movement of my feet, i have to go down a good % of the pedal to really feel it bites hard.

This behavior makes it a great daily car because it's super smooth on breaking, wife and kid necks don't suffer at all hehe.

However when I'm going to have an spirited-driving, this softiness drives me nuts.

Important notice that I do not have the ZTK package, but just the standard M-performance breaks of M240i
Appreciate 1
      08-12-2022, 07:22 AM   #2
Ruebarb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G42 M240i

I guess it depends on what you may be comparing it to, I haven't noticed any issues with the brakes. I've never owned any other performance cars, driven numours cars, suv, trucks.

I think driving style is really going to be factor, I'm not break heavy, use the gas in a manner I don't need to slam the brake.

Speed is going to be a factor, can't really get too much speed on the roads here, too much traffic and cops.

My only complaint is the handling, making a 90 degree turn from a stop and slam the gas, car is all over the place. Not sure what that is yet, oversteer, DSC, the AWD kicking in.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2022, 10:14 AM   #3
Roadwar
Old Grumpy Guy
Rep
Drives: M240i xDrive

I've got the standard non ZTK M240i brakes and I agree the initial pedal application feels a little soft. I did feel that the brakes got much better feel after a relatively high number of break in miles (approx. 1,200). These brakes feel very capable in heavy application.....I think of lot of the initial soft response may just be the characteristic of the stock pads.

gone: beloved '74 Mazda RX-3, various V8 Camaros and V8 Mustangs, various other Mazdas including a '10 Mazdaspeed 3, several late model Dodge Chargers including a 6.4 liter R/T. There were others along the way but I didn't love them much.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2022, 07:41 PM   #4
ryo-
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 MWM M240i

I have the ZTK package so my input might not be what you wanted, but I did notice the brake feel got substantially better after 500 miles (it was still pretty good initially). I am still planning on changing the stock pads tho cause they dust like a mofo
Appreciate 0