Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M2 (Ordered)

Quote:
Originally Posted by soflacarguy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
The M240i looks beautiful with the satin PPF. Really brings out all the sharp lines in the car. Maybe you can do the same magic with G87 in same color and treatment.

Curious, who did you have / recommend the PPF done by in south Florida?

Quote:
I think you're misunderstanding. I am an enthusiast- and I picked up the g42 with the intention to trade up to the g87. I'm 3rd on my dealer's list currently.

I didn't love the look of the g42 at launch. Found the triangles in the grill, black side skirt, rear diffuser, and tail lights odd. I almost walked from my allocation until I saw a YouTube review in BSM.

The BSM immediately reminded me my OCD would never let me enjoy the car. Xpel PPF completely resolved the maintenance issue, and bonus - it's absolutely jaw dropping gorgeous in person. Photos don't do it justice.

Here comes the g87 leaks several months later. First impression not good. Lack of color options don't help. I want the s58 and the MT and everything that makes the m2 a real m car. I just don't know if I can justify the downgrade in appearance.

Holding on to my allocation for now and hopefully will get to see one in person before I have to commit.
If i go forward with the G87 it will absolutely get the Xpel PPF treatment from the same installer:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cf-LK...d=NGFlNTM4N2U=
Right up the street from me! Looks like top notch work. What was the final bill on the PPF?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2022, 01:59 PM   #112
soflacarguy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: g42 (ordered)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaticous View Post
Quote:
Quote:
The M240i looks beautiful with the satin PPF. Really brings out all the sharp lines in the car. Maybe you can do the same magic with G87 in same color and treatment.

Quote:
I think you're misunderstanding. I am an enthusiast- and I picked up the g42 with the intention to trade up to the g87. I'm 3rd on my dealer's list currently.

I didn't love the look of the g42 at launch. Found the triangles in the grill, black side skirt, rear diffuser, and tail lights odd. I almost walked from my allocation until I saw a YouTube review in BSM.

The BSM immediately reminded me my OCD would never let me enjoy the car. Xpel PPF completely resolved the maintenance issue, and bonus - it's absolutely jaw dropping gorgeous in person. Photos don't do it justice.

Here comes the g87 leaks several months later. First impression not good. Lack of color options don't help. I want the s58 and the MT and everything that makes the m2 a real m car. I just don't know if I can justify the downgrade in appearance.

Holding on to my allocation for now and hopefully will get to see one in person before I have to commit.
If i go forward with the G87 it will absolutely get the Xpel PPF treatment from the same installer:

Right up the street from me! Looks like top notch work. What was the final bill on the PPF?
Np, I paid 3700 for the Xpel Stealth PPF full wrap.

I also had them install Xpel XR+ Ceramic tints including windshield, had the ppf coated with xpel fusion ceramic, rims removed and fully coated as well as brake calipers, and the grand total was 5300.

No pressure for anything extra by the way - he would have gladly done the PPF only and still charged 3700 which is the best price I could find from Homestead to WPB.

Jorge from EF is the nicest guy in the world, very professional, and very reasonable.
Appreciate 2
Vaticous134.00
bean_140.00
      11-30-2022, 02:43 PM   #113
Vaticous
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M2 (Ordered)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaticous View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

I also had them install Xpel XR+ Ceramic tints including windshield, had the ppf coated with xpel fusion ceramic, rims removed and fully coated as well as brake calipers, and the grand total was 5300.

No pressure for anything extra by the way - he would have gladly done the PPF only and still charged 3700 which is the best price I could find from Homestead to WPB.

Jorge from EF is the nicest guy in the world, very professional, and very reasonable.
I'll make sure to give him a ring when the time comes, much appreciated!
Appreciate 1
      11-30-2022, 07:20 PM   #114
donm527
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Chevrolet Z06

Thanks for the info! Def gonna follow their gram and keep them in mind if my order comes in.

I'd at least like to get a front end type package at the very least. The price for full install is not bad from what I've look into so far.

Quote:

Appreciate 1
      12-01-2022, 08:07 AM   #115
Jims M3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F95 X5M, F80 M3, C7 Z51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet48 View Post
M hype is people that argue on the internet about whether something is true M and such. They care so much about a letter it's laughable, buying nonsense non-performance appearance pieces to praise it even more. Only other car guys remotely care, and even that's a very small subset.

In reality the M240i is a 90s supercar levels and beats the OG M2 easily (and is even close to the M2C in a straight line).

The Zupra looks so much better that both. I just wish I didn't live where it snowed or I'd be looking at that (or a Z when the prices drop).
This is about the most ignorant statement of all time, if you track an M240i vs an M2 and expect it to cool, handle and perform the same as an M car you will be very disappointed. I can track all of my M cars with no upgrades other than brake pads and tires. They are reliable and don't break. An M240i is not designed to give you repeatable track experience.
Appreciate 1
      12-01-2022, 12:23 PM   #116
Baldilocks73
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mk7 Stage 3+ Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims M3 View Post
This is about the most ignorant statement of all time, if you track an M240i vs an M2 and expect it to cool, handle and perform the same as an M car you will be very disappointed. I can track all of my M cars with no upgrades other than brake pads and tires. They are reliable and don't break. An M240i is not designed to give you repeatable track experience.
This! I ordered an M240i XDrive because I want the AWD and more straight line performance with the ability to handle some twisty back roads as well. If I were going to track a car, I'd go with the M as it's a no-brainer.

Also, in my opinion the M240i just looks more cohesive and is just a much more pleasing design that the M2.
Appreciate 1
Jims M3454.00
      12-01-2022, 05:51 PM   #117
Ricochet48
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 RSX-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldilocks73 View Post
This! I ordered an M240i XDrive because I want the AWD and more straight line performance with the ability to handle some twisty back roads as well. If I were going to track a car, I'd go with the M as it's a no-brainer.

Also, in my opinion the M240i just looks more cohesive and is just a much more pleasing design that the M2.
Completely agree with all this. If you track a lot, obviously go M2, but for the 99.99% that don't... the M240i is more than capable on the streets.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2022, 05:53 PM   #118
Ricochet48
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 RSX-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims M3 View Post
Did you read my post? Maybe you're relying to some other comment?

Nowhere did I say the M240i was a better track tool lel.

For $10K more it better be though. This thread is about looks though, and the M2 is rough af in that regard.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2022, 08:08 AM   #119
Jims M3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F95 X5M, F80 M3, C7 Z51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet48 View Post
Did you read my post? Maybe you're relying to some other comment?

Nowhere did I say the M240i was a better track tool lel.

For $10K more it better be though. This thread is about looks though, and the M2 is rough af in that regard.
The implication is you buy M for M not for performance. Clearly an M2 will be a very popular track weapon. As for looks that is clearly in the eye of the beholder.
Appreciate 0