Private
Rep
Drives: 24 M2, 21 Silverado

Garage List
2024 M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtougher View Post
What is the smallest amount of Rapid Remover you can buy?? LOL

I just looked it up on Amazon, and it was all large volume containers for like $40+...I just want a small spray bottle or something! HA
I see a 4oz bottle for $13.99 on Amazon.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2024, 09:15 AM   #420
xtougher
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 G87 M2 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCoR View Post
I see a 4oz bottle for $13.99 on Amazon.
Thanks. Just bought that one!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2024, 07:03 PM   #421
xtougher
Lieutenant
Rep

So, the first spot was a failure.

The back of the screen was more curved than I remembered, and it was wishful thinking to think that the adhesive would stick strongly enough to hold a phone.

It lasted a couple of hours before I started seeing it "sag" a bit, and then realized the adhesive really had no chance.

So, I have changed the adhesive pad and tried this location. I used it for a total of about an hour with the phone on it, and it seems fine.

It is definitely nice since it charges and is magnetic. It's also out of the way and within reach, if ever needed.

Works for me, as long as the adhesive sticks well enough!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 06:25 PM   #422
xtougher
Lieutenant
Rep

Random question: I noticed that when I press the clutch in, the exhaust sounds different.

This happens when I'm anticipating the light turning green, but maybe delay actually getting on the gas to check for red light runners, etc.

Is the change in sounds just the sound in the speakers? Or is something being opened somewhere in the exhaust system triggered by the clutch being pressed?

Side note: the new spot for the phone mount seems to be working fine. I really like that I can just attach the phone and take it from the magnet, and that it charges while it's on there. And it's not blocking anything or anyone from anything. So that's nice!
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 07:25 PM   #423
M2siast
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: A Family Sedan

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [9.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtougher View Post
Random question: I noticed that when I press the clutch in, the exhaust sounds different.

This happens when I'm anticipating the light turning green, but maybe delay actually getting on the gas to check for red light runners, etc.

Is the change in sounds just the sound in the speakers? Or is something being opened somewhere in the exhaust system triggered by the clutch being pressed?

Side note: the new spot for the phone mount seems to be working fine. I really like that I can just attach the phone and take it from the magnet, and that it charges while it's on there. And it's not blocking anything or anyone from anything. So that's nice!
Every BMW does that, I believe the clutch alleviates the engine so it runs more freely (observe the RPMs raise when clutched in) so the noise changes.

Someone alluded to an exhaust flap opening, but the sound changes with the flaps 100% open too (meaning they can’t open further).
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 07:52 PM   #424
Ronin76
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 Tesla Model 3

Hey xtougher did you get your carbon fiber trim yet? Wanted to get your opinion on them.
Appreciate 0