02-06-2024, 11:16 PM   #23
jayritchie
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDramaG42 View Post
The only setting I really want is the AutoStartStop disabled.

Also, as johnskiller mentioned, is there a difference between ASD and the iDrive iconic sound on/off?

"As for ASD, there's an option in idrive that I do hear difference between ON and OFF but I'm not sure is it the same thing as ASD."
Same thing.

A bonus in Bimmercode is being able to disable the ASD 'pops and bangs' on overrun which sound awfully synthetic for my liking. I like the overall sound of the ASD though.
Appreciate 1
      02-07-2024, 08:37 PM   #24
VegasG42
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayritchie View Post
I have this set to Concert mode with surround maxed out for normal listening, but have a shortcut to switch to studio when the volume is turned up. Concert turns the sound to mush at high volumes but sounds immersive for low/normal volumes.

For anyone still dealing with ASS - Disable ASS and active ASS memory. I've got ID8, and have had ASS disabled since the day I got the car through all the software updates. I'm in Aus so maybe the car is set up a little differently.
So just to avoid any confusion - I was under the impression that the only way to actually disable the ASS on 23 and newer was to program the car to always start in Sport or Sport Plus mode.

So perhaps it is different for the Australian vehicle market.

Maybe others will chime in (US market) as to whether they were able to accomplish the same thing.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2024, 12:07 AM   #25
Fronzdan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 M240 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasG42 View Post
So just to avoid any confusion - I was under the impression that the only way to actually disable the ASS on 23 and newer was to program the car to always start in Sport or Sport Plus mode.

So perhaps it is different for the Australian vehicle market.

Maybe others will chime in (US market) as to whether they were able to accomplish the same thing.
Because you CAN code the default driving mode, picking one that does not have ASS is the only solution. That’s Sport, Sport Plus and Sport Individual. There are some who have been able to just code ASS off, but I think they all were done prior to an iDrive update. I never saw a definitive reason why some worked.
Picking Individual allows you to tune it down so it’s like Comfort but with no ASS.
Appreciate 1
VegasG42381.00
      02-09-2024, 03:38 AM   #26
johnskiller
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw m240i SDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzdan View Post
Picking Individual allows you to tune it down so it’s like Comfort but with no ASS.
So the only thing I loose is different cluster layout but who cares about power meter?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2024, 04:33 PM   #27
Fronzdan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 M240 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnskiller View Post
So the only thing I loose is different cluster layout but who cares about power meter?
Yeah for me it’s basically like getting ASS coded out.

Btw I just switched back to no B&W profiles in the head unit. Had to do a restore rather than re-coding it. I felt it overall made everything sound muddy, unnatural and way too biased to the front speakers, except for the “Rear” profile which was just awful. The standard HK Logic 7 surround imaging is better to my ears.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2024, 06:58 PM   #28
NoDramaG42
Private
Rep
Drives: M240x G42

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayritchie View Post
A bonus in Bimmercode is being able to disable the ASD 'pops and bangs' on overrun which sound awfully synthetic for my liking. I like the overall sound of the ASD though.
Oh jeez, I have about 200miles on the car, and still hadn't noticed the fake pops and bangs...

As far as the ASD goes, it does sound nice; much nicer than it was in my Supra. But if it isnt on the outside and its not from the engine, it just doesnt sit right with me lol. Wish I could just get over it haha
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2024, 11:17 AM   #29
VegasG42
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M240i xDrive

With 2023 and newer, are you still able to use M3/3 Series to code in the M Cluster?

Or basically , is there anyway to get a different gauge cluster? 24 here , btw

Just paid for BimmerCode and ordered the OBD2 to ETN and the ETN to USB-C.
Appreciate 0