E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > FS: 2009 Alpine White E90 M-sport sedan, highly modified, air to water intercooler

07-09-2024, 10:57 AM   #1
bantam
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

FS: 2009 Alpine White E90 M-sport sedan, highly modified, air to water intercooler

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
[ATTACH]undefined[/ATTACH]Price Drop: $16,000 OBO!
Up for sale is my meticulously maintained, and thoughtfully upgraded 2009 BMW 335i Sedan (E90).

Make me an offer or this will be going on BAT in a week or so. I will make a drive with more extensive photos shortly

Alpine White Exterior, Black Dakota leather, M sport package, Premium Package, Automatic transmission, Comfort access, USB adapter and smartphone integration were included as optional equipment.

4th owner, purchased used in 2013. Clear title. The power has been enhanced by upgraded RB stage 2+ turbos, a custom water to air intercooler system and supporting modification. The engine is currently producing ~460whp on 93 octane with a conservative street tune in 100F weather that sees boost come on quickly, but does not generate a large torque peak that overwhelms the tires, and it pulls all the way to redline. Tune was done by Ken at Wedge Performance.
The water to air intercooler system reduces the total system volume, creating improved engine response similar to the S55, and the front mounted heat exchanger does not block airflow to the radiator like many of the upgraded Air to Air intercooler systems. The S55 charge cooler is a custom quad-pass design with a welded-on fitting for the Tial BOV, but can be replaced with any charge cooler for the S55 (so long as it fits under the hood). The front mount heat exchanger is a custom designed dual pass system that was designed to fit in place of the stock intercooler. Engineering drawings for the front mount heat exchanger, along with a spare core will be included for the new owner in the event that they need to make a new one.

The turbo inlets are nearly equal length, thanks to the relocation of the DME and the cowl induction to bring fresh air for the rear turbo. The cowl intake produces a unique induction sound in the cabin that is sure to delight any enthusiast. A 335D intake snorkel has been fitted to duct fresh air to the Front Turbo as well. Turbo outlet routing has been improved by using upgraded turbos for a 135i, this points the outlet upwards towards the S55 water to air intercooler, and eliminates one U-bend in the charge pipe routing. The S55 charge cooler is a custom quad-pass design with a welded-on fitting for the Tial BOV, but can be replaced with any charge cooler for the S55 (so long as it fits under the hood and weld on a fitting for a BOV).
The rear suspension has been extensively upgraded to handle the increased power. A Wavetrac LSD and devif differential lockdown kit was fitted to improve the ability to drive the rear wheels equally. The rear subframe bushings were replaced with solid aluminum bushings to ensure that geometry stays true under load. And finally, the control arms were replaced with M3 bits, along with AKG motorsports toe arms and solid bushings for the trailing arms to eliminate squirm under acceleration. A custom thermostat controlled quad pass transmission fluid cooler has also been fitted to handle the increased heat.
And as anyone who has owned an N54 engine knows, these cars are only as good as their maintenance, and to that end, nearly every replacable component or seal that is a known failure point has been replaced already, please see the extensive list of replacements below. Some items may have been replaced that are not listed. Air conditioning/heater, radio, sunroof, power locks, windows, headlights, etc are all in good working condition.

Garage kept while in my possession, not abused or driven hard before warming up. Not tracked or raced, but it has seen about 5 1/8 mile runs before the turbos were upgraded.
The interior is excellent for a 15 year old car, no wear on the bolsters and the steering wheel was replaced, so the leather is almost new.
The exterior is excellent, there are a few dings here and there, and a couple of spots that have been touched up, but the car looks to be in excellent condition. The wheels have no curb rash and tires have plenty of tread.

Reason for selling: I have had this car for ~11 years, and bought it as a daily driver, but it has been my weekend/hobby car since 2015 when we got another daily driver in the family. I am itching for something smaller, naturally aspirated and mid-engined to fit the bill as a true weekend car.
Any automotive trades could be accepted, so long as whatever is traded to me can be sold easily on the open market.

Price: submit your reasonable offers. I really have no idea what this car is worth due to the extensive modifications.

Mileage: ~74,000

Engine:
RB stage 2+ turbos for 135i
VRSF catless downpipes
Tial Blow off valve with upgraded ¼” tap to intake manifold
Custom high flow chargepipes and intakes designed by me fabricated by dashbuilt
CTS U pipe for F series M3
Custom dual pass heat exchanger designed by me, fabricated by dashbuilt
Custom Quad pass charge cooler designed by me, fabricated by dashbuilt
BMS high side oil catch can
RB turbo low side oil catch can, cylinder head ports plugged to reduce buildup in intakes
AFE dry flow filters

Transmission:
Quad pass transmission cooler with Derale thermostat

Fueling:
Upgraded low pressure fuel pump- Walbro 450
Motiv flex fuel kit installed, but not currently wired to DME
Software:
MHD custom tune performed by Wedge Performance, conservative 93 octane street tune yielding ~460whp in a 100F shop
XHP transmission flash

Miscellaneous
DME relocated to passenger footwell. Sensor wires extended, new ignition and fuel injection wires with no splices.
Bosch intercooler pump controlled by relay that is continuously on when ignition power is on
E90 M3 engine cowl
E90 M3 Carbon fiber front bumper reinforcement

Suspension:
Rear m3 control arms
AKG toe arms
Solid bushings in trailing arms
Solid rear subframe mounts
Devif differential lockdown brace
Wavetrak limited slip differential
E92 M3 convertible larger rear sway bar

Wheels/Tires
VMR V703 wheels 18x8.5 ET35 front, 18x9.5 ET45 rear
Michelin PS4s in front, Nitto NT05 in rear, front and rears have significant tread left.
TPMS disabled (coded out and RDC module unplugged)

Maintenance:
Index 12 injectors
Replaced differential mounts with OEM
Replaced engine mounts, passenger side mount filled with polyurethane for increased stiffness
Accessory belt replaced and tensioner
Intake Valves walnut blasted
New valve cover and gasket
Oil filter housing gasket replaced
Oil pan gasket replaced
Coolant reservoir replaced
New OEM radiator
Water pump/Thermostat replaced
Coolant lines replaced
Turbo oil/coolant drain and feed lines replaced
Transmission fluid flush, pan and mechatronics sleeves replaced, new Liquimoly Toptek 1800 transmission fluid
Replaced all vacuum lines
New Bosch ignition coils
New Bosch front and rear O2 sensors, Bank 1 and Bank 2
Brake rotors and pads replaced, brake fluid flush
Battery replaced
Spark plugs replaced
Driver side cupholder replaced
Passenger side door grab handle replaced
Engine oil changed with Mobil 1 0w-40
Coolant changed
Power steering fluid changed
VANOS solenoids cleaned
As of 7/26/24:
New 90ah AGM battery installed and coded
new Bosch front and rear O2 sensors
New Daytime running light bulbs installed

Optional Items that can be included with the car at no additional cost:
1 Spare core for the front heat exchanger (this is a custom sized core that is not commercially available, so you might want this)

Known issues:
All resolved as of 7/26/24

Known vehicle damage history:
According to Carfax, the car had some damage to the left side in 2010 “ Accident reported
Involving left side impact, it hit a motor vehicle, Vehicle functional, Airbags did not deploy”
The car was in a minor collision in 2015 that deployed the Driver airbag, resulting in a new front bumper, headlight, driver steering wheel and a few miscellaneous items. Repaired by BMW of Dallas.

Attached Images

Last edited by bantam; 07-26-2024 at 08:50 AM..
Appreciate 2
      07-09-2024, 07:22 PM   #2
scotthilly
scotthilly
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i 6MT

Beautiful car - no idea on value but I'd guess maybe around $20k? Auto makes it harder although you've put tons of tlc into this car. Would love to see an exhaust vid and interior acceleration vid anyways!!
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2024, 09:39 AM   #3
bantam
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks, good suggestions!

I have some more photos, a video of driving at part throttle and a dyno video uploaded here.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...fj?usp=sharing
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2024, 12:18 PM   #4
bantam
Private First Class
Rep

Update: Price dropped!
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2024, 08:45 AM   #5
bantam
Private First Class
Rep

Update for anyone remotely interested, all 4 O2 sensors replaced and new 90AH AGM battery installed and coded to resolve the O2 readiness issue.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2024, 01:37 AM   #6
werdn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 997.1 GT3 Shark, ex E92 M3 ZCP

Damn, a lot of history. Sucks that I have no idea how to smog this in California
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2024, 02:27 PM   #7
bantam
Private First Class
Rep

Yeah, it could get all of the readiness codes if you added downpipes with cats, but I assume that it will fail visual inspection.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2024, 03:32 PM   #8
bantam
Private First Class
Rep

For those curious, traded this for a mostly stock 2019 GTI 6spd with 117k miles. Imagining that it will be easier to sell the VW
Appreciate 0