03-15-2023, 05:06 PM   #67
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 ZB M2 6-speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero21 View Post
I'm paying for ceramic tint at dealer and nitrogen and bs. It is what it is, I want my car. Care about it.
Your car your decision. When do you expect your car to arrive?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2023, 05:29 PM   #68
ronin13013
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

Me too!(Ceramic)

Consolation. You will ACTUALLY be driving and enjoying your vehicle way sooner. Respect to those that can wait to hopefully receive allocations. My car is still waiting for transport, but I think your car is already here!! So you will def be driving by April. That's Sick! You will already have a second set of wheels. Man please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero21 View Post
I'm paying for ceramic tint at dealer and nitrogen and bs. It is what it is, I want my car. Care about it.
Appreciate 1
zero213266.50
      03-15-2023, 06:04 PM   #69
Rx-7ames
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 M2

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockCrusher View Post
My FIL sold cars. Said he made good money selling new cars. Better money selling used cars. Made tons of money selling RVs...
It seems to be backwards now. We make more money on new cars at MSRP. We are upside down on too many of our used cars. It's not just customers that are getting hammered by the drop in used car value.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2023, 06:36 PM   #70
M_Power Rob
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 M240 and '23 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rx-7ames View Post
It seems to be backwards now. We make more money on new cars at MSRP. We are upside down on too many of our used cars. It's not just customers that are getting hammered by the drop in used car value.

Thats from all the over priced buybacks dealerships have done over the last year or so.
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2023, 07:01 PM   #71
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep

Received final paperwork. All the numbers were as discussed. Dealer requires a $2000 deposit. No real problem with that either.

But no VIN of the car I'm agreeing to buy in on the document. No color either. The VIN of my trade in and other details are present.

Sent email that I'm not signing until the vehicle I'm purchasing details are supplied on the document.

Update: Manager got back to me. Salesman left for the day. Manager sent a PDF of the details of the car, VIN, exterior color, interior color, transmission, apparently all the build details. Which is great.

But no final numbers document with the VIN and other vehicle I'm agreeing to purchase filled in.

Last edited by RockCrusher; 03-15-2023 at 08:17 PM..
Appreciate 2
zero213266.50
      03-15-2023, 08:18 PM   #72
Rx-7ames
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Power Rob View Post
Thats from all the over priced buybacks dealerships have done over the last year or so.
We bought a lot of cars at market value and the values started dropping. In a short amount of time they were worth less than what we paid for them.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2023, 08:24 PM   #73
Carefree
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i, M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rx-7ames View Post
We bought a lot of cars at market value and the values started dropping. In a short amount of time they were worth less than what we paid for them.
No different than the housing market.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2023, 09:07 PM   #74
Rx-7ames
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carefree View Post
Yep
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2023, 10:00 PM   #75
M_Power Rob
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 M240 and '23 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carefree View Post

Except housing market can fluctuate (and usually cyclical) and very different in different markets. The house value can go back up and even exceed the original price, very very few cars do that.

In South Florida, the housing market has leveled, on average, but its not down for all categories. Certain homes are still very high in value and people are still.over paying with seller in control. I still have clients buying and selling at continual increased values from last year.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2023, 11:17 PM   #76
Carefree
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i, M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Power Rob View Post
Except housing market can fluctuate (and usually cyclical) and very different in different markets. The house value can go back up and even exceed the original price, very very few cars do that.

In South Florida, the housing market has leveled, on average, but its not down for all categories. Certain homes are still very high in value and people are still.over paying with seller in control. I still have clients buying and selling at continual increased values from last year.
Well, yes and no. I owned 9 classic cars between 1988 and 2021. During that time several of them showed a $45K+ difference between the “market price”. These were not Ferraris, Porsches, etc., all were American “muscle” and “pony” cars. But to your point, correctly stated, very very few cars. However, they do exist.
Appreciate 1
DrJLag420799.00
      03-16-2023, 07:59 PM   #77
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep

And fail again...

Dealer is ghosting me now that I have asked for a numbers sheet filled out with the VIN and other vehicle details plus when can I expect the car to be available for purchase.

Even emailed the dealer general manager...

Crickets.

But will see what Friday brings.

Honestly I don't hold much hope. I have talked to a number of BMW dealers the last one in the Woodlands down around Houston TX way and the salesman told me the car coming in was an automatic -- which I could accept and drive until cars with manuals become more readily available -- but he also told me the car is spoken for. But he did offer that if the buyer backed out of the deal he'd be in touch. We talked some about how I intend to pay for the car and so on. But of course the discussion would turn more formal in the event I was really presented with an opportunity to buy the car.

Oh, and I completely get it that I'm way way way late to the M2 party. And it is becoming crystal clear there is some real demand for at least the cars arriving at some dealers possibly near anyone who wants one. Just not enough cars arriving.
Appreciate 1
      03-17-2023, 01:05 PM   #78
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep

Forgot the last state. But...

But just submitted a $2000 *partial payment* for the car. The car is in transit to the dealer. After the April launch when the sales embargo is lifted I complete the purchase.

Some details:

2023 M2 with a 6-speed manual.

Exterior color: Zandvoort Blue.

Interior: Black Vernasca Leather with Blue contrast stitching.

Aluminum Rhombicle Anthracite.

19"/20" M Light Alloy Jet Black Double-spoke Wheels, Style 930M with Mixed Tires.

Lighting Package.

Shadowline Package.

BMW M 50 Years Emblems.

Live Cockpit Pro (incl. Navi).

M Carbon Roof.

$68,195 includes a $995 destination charge.

Does not include the $399 administration fee.

Will trade in my 2022 BMW 230i: BG with Tacora Red Vernasca leather interior (which is damn good looking!), Premium Pkg 2, M Sport Pkg and which will have just under (or a bit over) 7000 miles.

The balance I'll pay with a check.

No sales tax is collected. But don't worry I have to pay sales tax in my home state within 30 days. All i need is the manufacturer's title.

(Just paid sales tax on my 2023 MINI JCW yesterday after getting the title via UPS from the dealer in Loveland CO.)

Now I wait. And the 230i is "off limits" to avoid putting any more miles on it.

But I have my new 2023 MINI JCW to enjoy.
Appreciate 3
      03-17-2023, 01:10 PM   #79
eddj
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2025 M4C xdrive

Quote:
But just submitted a $2000 *partial payment* for the car. The car is in transit to the dealer. After the April launch when the sales embargo is lifted I complete the purchase.

Some details:

19"/20" M Light Alloy Jet Black Double-spoke Wheels, Style 930M with Mixed Tires.

Lighting Package.

Shadowline Package.

BMW M 50 Years Emblems.

M Carbon Roof.

Will trade in my 2022 BMW 230i: BG with Tacora Red Vernasca leather interior (which is damn good looking!), Premium Pkg 2, M Sport Pkg and which will have just under (or a bit over) 7000 miles.

No sales tax is collected. But don't worry I have to pay sales tax in my home state within 30 days. All i need is the manufacturer's title.

(Just paid sales tax on my 2023 MINI JCW yesterday after getting the title via UPS from the dealer in Loveland CO.)

congrats you will not regret it later that you didnt went with the carbon interior trim which adds the most beautiful M carbon wheel in the mix ?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2023, 01:27 PM   #80
Ghostrider.1127
Ghostrider
Rep
Drives: M140iX,Z4M40i,M8 comp,M2g87

Quote:

Some details:

Lighting Package.

Shadowline Package.

BMW M 50 Years Emblems.

M Carbon Roof.

Good specs.
Appreciate 1
ronin130131002.00
      03-17-2023, 01:35 PM   #81
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddj View Post
congrats you will not regret it later that you didnt went with the carbon interior trim which adds the most beautiful M carbon wheel in the mix ?
Thanks.

Didn't order the car.

So no say in how the car was/is optioned. It is what it is.

But even with the more pedestrian basic black leather interior I think I'll like the car.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2023, 03:20 PM   #82
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider.1127 View Post
Good specs.
Thanks. Can't take any credit. Just the luck of the draw.

Have to admit I built several examples and didn't chose some of the options but I don't have a problem with the options this car has.

Just hope I don't *jinx* myself talking about the car. I've never bought a car long distance.

Shopped and bought cars some distance from me the last was a JCW 873 miles away which I bought Feb 27. But the deal didn't go down until I had a chance to check out the car a bit and the dealer had a chance to check out my trade in.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2023, 01:13 PM   #83
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep

Final chapter. Bought the M2!

When I started the buying process the car was in port and in processing. Dealer and I came to a mutual agreement about price and how to pay for the car: Trade in and the balance a personal check.

Sent in necessary info and this included credit card info to charge a $2000 partial payment for the car to my card.

Then the wait began.

At some point the car was released to transport but stayed put. Then finally it was listed in transit. Then a few days later at the dealer.

Waited for a few days. No word from the dealer. Emailed both salesman and sales director when I could come up and buy the car. No reply.

Decided to drive the 200 miles to the dealer -- in my JCW not my 230i (to keep the miles off the 230i which was my trade in for the M2) -- and arrived at the dealer walked inside and spotted the car off in a corner.

Didn't look for salesman or sales director. Did not have the 230i with me. Got a pic of the car. At least it was there and listed as sold but at the time I wondered to whom...

Friday started out uneventfully but mid morning got a call from the sales director asking when I wanted to come up and complete the purchase. Settled on an early afternoon time period. Drove up in my 230i and check book and long story short bought the M2. Fitted with Michelin tires. Car delivered to me with 17 miles on the odometer.

Oh, my test drive was after I signed some papers I drove the car to the nearby gas station where the salesman filled up the fuel tank. Then back to the dealer. Around a mile maybe...

Purchase process went very smooth. Dealer -- BMW of Kansas City South -- was great.

After 2 hours drove away in my new M2. And 3 hours later was home.

No detailed review. Car is simply great in my opinion. A bit of a beast actually. 'course on the way home I watched RPMs (kept them below 4K) and speed (kept it below 106mph). The car ate the miles and I and my sister -- she went up to check on an X4 M40i she's wanting -- were quite comfortable. Making good time -- if you know what I mean and I think you do -- and fuel mileage was just 20mpg. The 230i managed around 30mpg. And the JCW managed 36mpg over the same roads driven the same way. But gee whiz 453hp and me putting the whip (tempered by break in considerations which I adhere to) to the engine 20mpg ain't bad.

Stopped at the local BMW dealer this AM to get some oil for the M2. (The 0w-20 I have for use in the 230i is not suitable for use in the M2, it needs 0w-30 oil.)

Salesman that sold me the 230i came up to me and complimented me on the car. Other dealer employees likewise had good things to say.

Well, it has been quite an "adventure". Now I all I have on my mind is enjoying M2 whenever the mood strikes me.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      04-15-2023, 01:29 PM   #84
Gib007
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 G87

Why is the M2 so unobtainable in the USA? 🤔 In Spain (possibly Europe in general), you can basically just sit down and order one as you want it. That's it. Sure, it will take 4 to 5 months, but that's average for pretty much any car not in stock.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2023, 01:39 PM   #85
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gib007 View Post
Why is the M2 so unobtainable in the USA? 🤔 In Spain (possibly Europe in general), you can basically just sit down and order one as you want it. That's it. Sure, it will take 4 to 5 months, but that's average for pretty much any car not in stock.
Some have reported ordering a car and getting it in a few months.

A number of dealers I talked to though were very discouraging. I could order a car but the dealer had no allocation and was not guaranteed to get one. The hope was to order the car put a deposit down and wait for BMW to grant the dealer an allocation. I was quoted a wait time of months to 1+ years...

I talked to other dealers who had an allocation but was told the dealer was saving these for its local customers.
Appreciate 0