BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) BMW M2 G87 General Topics

05-05-2024, 03:13 PM   #1
PKBlu
Rep
Drives: searching

Feedback on Build and Pricing

I apologize if this forum is inundated with these types of posts, however considering a G87 M2.

Live in Chicago area, willing to travel some for the right car. Local dealer has an allocation about to go into production, considering the following build:

Alpine White
Black Wheels
Cognac Vernasca Leather
Black Gloss Trim

Lighting Package
Shadowline Package
Manual Transmission
Heated Steering Wheel
Parking Assist
Wireless Charging

Any recommendations or comments on options? I am making any mistakes?

Local dealer offered at MSRP with a $1000 non-refundable deposit. Is less than MSRP common now? Or should I take MSRP and be happy?

Any recommendations on dealers offering better than MSRP?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2024, 03:22 PM   #2
Montaver
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 & M340i LCI

Get the carbon roof
Appreciate 2
Zirenz20061577.50
Ronin76861.50
      05-05-2024, 03:38 PM   #3
ayilar
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: FWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKBlu View Post
The following thread should help answer your questions. I don't think many people find the wireless charging very useful, and I have skipped it for my order as a result:

https://g87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...light=wireless
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2024, 03:53 PM   #4
Zirenz2006
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp IOMG

My personal opinion. Get the CF roof. It looks killer and makes the car look more aggressive IMO. I have it on my G80 and optioned it on my G87. Wouldn't get an M without it.

I would ditch the wireless charger even though it is a super cheap option. I have it on my G80 and it is slow and makes the phone hot. On the manual G87 it is in under the armrest. I'd rather just use a USB-C cable to charge in there.
Appreciate 1
Geighty71503.50
      05-05-2024, 04:17 PM   #5
PKBlu
Rep
Drives: searching

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayilar View Post
The following thread should help answer your questions. I don't think many people find the wireless charging very useful, and I have skipped it for my order as a result:

https://g87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...light=wireless
Thanks! This was helpful.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2024, 06:30 PM   #6
bibd
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3

Obviously very subjective but I would consider a different interior trim. Black glossy bits just get so smudgy with fingerprints and what not. Seems like most go the carbon fiber route for the interior.
Appreciate 1
Ronin76861.50
      05-05-2024, 06:44 PM   #7
Good 4 2 reasons
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 G42 m240ix, '18 X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibd View Post
Obviously very subjective but I would consider a different interior trim. Black glossy bits just get so smudgy with fingerprints and what not. Seems like most go the carbon fiber route for the interior.
I hate the piano black plastic because of the micro scratches they show due the smallest of contact with anything, as well as the bright reflections/glare.

I went with the aluminum anthracite because its non glossy and won't show micro scratches.
2015 VW Golf 1.8t 5-speed (sold)
2004 Chevy Cavalier (hopefully crushed by now)
Appreciate 1
ayilar20.50
      05-05-2024, 07:05 PM   #8
two_three_two
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BSM G87, Mk4 R32

Non-refundable deposit... nah. next dealer.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2024, 09:25 AM   #9
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 ZB M2 6-speed

Quote:
I apologize if this forum is inundated with these types of posts, however considering a G87 M2.

Live in Chicago area, willing to travel some for the right car. Local dealer has an allocation about to go into production, considering the following build:

Alpine White
Black Wheels
Cognac Vernasca Leather
Black Gloss Trim

Lighting Package
Shadowline Package
Manual Transmission
Heated Steering Wheel
Parking Assist
Wireless Charging

Local dealer offered at MSRP with a $1000 non-refundable deposit. Is less than MSRP common now? Or should I take MSRP and be happy?

You've been informed about the wireless charger. Think both my M2 and my 230xi have this feature but I never use it.

I seldom charge my phone in the car even using a cable.

I notice the car you are considering has the heated steering wheel but I don't see any mention of heated seats. Even in AR I use the heated seats in both cars and the heated steering wheel in my 230xi. My M2 didn't come with a heated steering wheel. Think you will regret not having both heated steering wheel and heated seats.

Bought my M2 off the showroom floor. The car came with the CF roof. I like the roof line of the CF roof and I'm not a fan of a sunroof. But the CF roof is a $2600 (?) option...

I have not shopped M2s so I am not current on the market and market pricing. Car sales (new and used) are down. If I were in the market for an M2 now I think I'd offer a below MSRP price.

Since you are ordering a car and will pay for it as soon as it arrives the dealer has no real money in the car. No flooring costs. No "advertising" fees, etc. So a below MSRP is from your point of view justifiable.

I'm a bit reluctant to provide a non refundable deposit. I did provide the BMW dealer with a partial payment of $2500 mainly from my point of view to have a more solid claim on the car should after the dealer received the car and it tried to sell it another buyer.

From the dealer's point of view he's concerned about an ordered car not being claimed because you change your mind. There have been a few posts of M2 shoppers who ordered then changed their mind.

For an ordered car check and double check the order is correct. Keep checking this as long as you can before there can be no correction/change to the order.

Then when the car comes in carefully check it has all you ordered and nothing you didn't order. You (probably) can't refuse the car if you changed your mind, that is you could forfeit the deposit, but you can refuse the car if it is not as you ordered.

Also, you want to have something in black and white regarding the price. I got a purchase document and made sure all blanks were filled in. So I knew what I was paying for the car when it arrived. And I had grounds to refuse the car and get my partial payment back if the dealer tried any funny business. (But had I really suspected the dealer to act this way I would have just found another dealer.)
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2024, 09:57 AM   #10
M_Power Rob
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 M240 and '23 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockCrusher View Post
You've been informed about the wireless charger. Think both my M2 and my 230xi have this feature but I never use it.

I seldom charge my phone in the car even using a cable.

I notice the car you are considering has the heated steering wheel but I don't see any mention of heated seats. Even in AR I use the heated seats in both cars and the heated steering wheel in my 230xi. My M2 didn't come with a heated steering wheel. Think you will regret not having both heated steering wheel and heated seats.

Bought my M2 off the showroom floor. The car came with the CF roof. I like the roof line of the CF roof and I'm not a fan of a sunroof. But the CF roof is a $2600 (?) option...

I have not shopped M2s so I am not current on the market and market pricing. Car sales (new and used) are down. If I were in the market for an M2 now I think I'd offer a below MSRP price.

Since you are ordering a car and will pay for it as soon as it arrives the dealer has no real money in the car. No flooring costs. No "advertising" fees, etc. So a below MSRP is from your point of view justifiable.

I'm a bit reluctant to provide a non refundable deposit. I did provide the BMW dealer with a partial payment of $2500 mainly from my point of view to have a more solid claim on the car should after the dealer received the car and it tried to sell it another buyer.

From the dealer's point of view he's concerned about an ordered car not being claimed because you change your mind. There have been a few posts of M2 shoppers who ordered then changed their mind.

For an ordered car check and double check the order is correct. Keep checking this as long as you can before there can be no correction/change to the order.

Then when the car comes in carefully check it has all you ordered and nothing you didn't order. You (probably) can't refuse the car if you changed your mind, that is you could forfeit the deposit, but you can refuse the car if it is not as you ordered.

Also, you want to have something in black and white regarding the price. I got a purchase document and made sure all blanks were filled in. So I knew what I was paying for the car when it arrived. And I had grounds to refuse the car and get my partial payment back if the dealer tried any funny business. (But had I really suspected the dealer to act this way I would have just found another dealer.)

I am waiting for your first post that is one "normal" sentence.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2024, 10:35 AM   #11
Ravenseal
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 6MT

White sucks.

Retired: 2022 M240i xDrive | 2021 Audi RS5 | 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE 6MT | 2016 428i GC | 2011 BMW 335is
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2024, 03:15 PM   #12
Carefree
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i, M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenseal View Post
White sucks.
Our summer car in NY.
Second thoughts maybe?
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Mr. Hankey1148.50
Ravenseal2901.00
      05-06-2024, 03:26 PM   #13
Mr. Hankey
Christmas Poo
Rep
Drives: 2024 G87 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carefree View Post
Our summer car in NY.
Second thoughts maybe?
You've got the correct school flag there
      05-06-2024, 03:42 PM   #14
Carefree
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i, M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hankey View Post
You've got the correct school flag there
Neighbor.
I’m a Faber College guy.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2024, 06:19 PM   #15
xtougher
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 G87 M2 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Power Rob View Post
I am waiting for your first post that is one "normal" sentence.
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenseal View Post
White sucks.
I feel attacked.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Geighty71503.50
      05-07-2024, 12:54 AM   #16
Ravenseal
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carefree View Post
Our summer car in NY.
Second thoughts maybe?
I've had white paint on red interior on two BMWs, and I think it was an amazing combination for those cars (335is, 435). I just don't think it works on the G87.

Retired: 2022 M240i xDrive | 2021 Audi RS5 | 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE 6MT | 2016 428i GC | 2011 BMW 335is
Appreciate 2
Carefree1769.00
Geighty71503.50
      05-07-2024, 07:44 AM   #17
TheDrivenGarage
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 G82, BMW M2 G87 (Order)

In illinois you will be able to get your deposit back if the car comes and you don't want it. They just say that to weed out folks. But you SHOULD plan to follow through if you order.

For your options, I like my Carbon Fiber roof for looks, it's not a huge weight saver. I would get the MP HAS. This is a factory lowering kit and it will help your stance and come on the car as original equipment with full warranty! If you decide to do it with a local shop later it's as expensive or more expensive and no warranty with reports of damage on the struts by some installers.

For price, I have seen modest discounts on cars on the ground, but since you are ordering it make be harder.

White is an awesome color!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-07-2024, 04:19 PM   #18
LAnderson23
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

The dealer I ordered through wouldn't budge off of MSRP, and another one I talked to was still putting in a $5k market adjustment!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2024, 04:35 PM   #19
Geighty7
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M2

Quote:

Alpine White
Black Wheels
Cognac Vernasca Leather
Black Gloss Trim

Lighting Package
Shadowline Package
Manual Transmission
Heated Steering Wheel
Parking Assist
Wireless Charging

From experience: you won’t need parking assistant with a manual. You also won’t need the bad overheating phone charger. If your hands get cold in chitown than heated wheel is cool. Tbh I think you should get a CF roof and the CF interior since you should feel like you’re really in an M car.

My opinion of course, taken with grain of salt. That being said, great build. PPF it if you plan on keeping it for the long haul.
Appreciate 1
Ravenseal2901.00