E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > A0B6 selector-lever interlock.

08-28-2024, 07:05 PM   #1
Donutninja
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i E90

A0B6 selector-lever interlock.

Hi all. Need some help with a transmission problem. Please read as the issue is very specific and there are no other issues except what I've explained beleow.

I have an issue where the gear selector is not fully engaging P. I'm getting CC-ID 347 - Position R/N/D Not Possible on the dash. I also used an OBD2 scanner and I have the fault code A0B6 selector-lever interlock come up on CAS Car Access System, MOST System Analysis and CAN Communication Analysis sections.

Let me further explain the fault I'm getting. The car is drivable. Before I can move the car out of P, I have to push the gear selector lever forward slightly until I feel a faint 'click', then I can shift into R/N/D. R/N/D works as normal. In D, the car drives and behaves normally. No issues. Putting the car into manual mode works as intended. The only issue is when I need to park the car and shift back into P, the shifter will not fully engage P. I can turn off the car but won't be able to remove the key until I push the gear selector forward again and feel the click I previously mentioned.

I opened up the shift boot to have a look at what was happening. When I shift into P, what looks to be the manual override lever is not completely engaged. When I push the gear selector forward slightly (as above), then it fully engages the Park gear and you can see it actually fall into place. I feel this is a mechanical issue. Has anyone experienced this and can provide some guidance?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2024, 07:07 PM   #2
Donutninja
Rep

And before the 'search this forum' comments come, yes I have searched both this site and google. This site has offered no solutions to others that have encountered this code in the past and given how my specific problem is different to the others I'm not likely to encounter any solutions to my specific issue.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2024, 07:23 PM   #3
Donutninja
Rep

Solved. Turns out one of the plastic covers for the centre console bolts was lodged under the shifter. That explains why it wouldn't engage P and why I had to apply forward pressure to engage P completely.

Happy days
Attached Images

Appreciate 0