BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

04-10-2024, 09:59 PM   #1
Fronzdan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 M240 xDrive

New Owners Track Drive Day

Anyone know exactly what this is? I got an email that I have a complimentary seat in this at one of the Performance Centers. Closest to me is S.C. and I’d go if it was worth it.

I’ve done something like this from Porsche and it was a blast. We drive 911s, Caymans and Panameras around the NH Speedway for a day.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2024, 07:49 AM   #2
zzt42
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M240i

I did it at the Thermal, CA track. It was a ton of fun, but only about 2 hours of drive time total. There were two activities: first driving an X7 around an off-road course (seriously impressive for a 7 passenger SUV), then driving a selection of cars around a short autocross track with an instructor giving instructions and feedback over a radio. Lots of fun, but not really worth the effort to get out there for it.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2024, 09:03 AM   #3
PRINCE THUNDERNIGHT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M240i XDrive G42

We did this in SC in September. I had points with Southwest, so we flew free. Nashville via Houston to Greenville. We were pretty drunk when we got there!

Picked up in an X5 from the airport, and driven to the hotel. Free overnight stay/dinner/breakfast/lunch. Driven to the Performance Center the next morning and had a little classroom time. Then we were into an analogue of my new car (which I hadn't seen yet) and drove it around a short track, following an instructor. Comms via radio. Then some handling exercises, and trip to the Zentrum, and then some pretty scary off-roading in an X5.

After lunch (good food!) we were shown our car which was parked inside, and shown all the functions. We then drove it straight to get the front PPF'd, and spent another couple of nights in Greenville. Then a great drive home.

Totally worth it.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2024, 10:23 AM   #4
KJ10
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i

Garage List
What Prince is describing is the PCD (Performance Center Delivery) and it is awesome. This has to be set up well ahead of delivery though so not sure if its the same thing you are referencing. Who did you get the email from? I got one the the other day from BMWUSA saying "You're invited to drive the latest M vehicles at M Track Days with BMW" but this was in no way complimentary.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2024, 11:28 AM   #5
Fronzdan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 M240 xDrive

Sounds like what zzt42 described. It’s not the local events they have from time to time. It’s at the Performance Centers. And it’s not the delivery…I got my car from the local dealership.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
PL4NCK10.50