BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

04-13-2024, 08:44 PM   #67
RAPID GTA
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i XDrive

I’m getting a sense of buyers remorse just looking at this thread. Truth be told, on balance I’m not. Have come from a GR Yaris Rallye, previously Renault Megane RS 265 and an Alfa 147 GTA (among others). I’m sure at here is going to be missing what I came from however that is always the way and I’m feeling I’m a bit over the hot hatch style of car. I came very close to getting a low km M2 Comp just couldn’t agree price with the seller. I don’t go to the track and have no intention of doing so. So I’m locked and loaded to take delivery of a Brooklyn Grey M240i XDrive at the end of the month. My thought process was to get something which provided the best of both worlds and all indications are that this car is going to be the right call. Test drive certainly validated that. I’m expecting the majority of my driving will be in Sport or Sport plus however it will be good to have the benefit of comfort because the roads here in Sydney are pretty crappy in places plus traffic here can be very congested at times.

Last edited by RAPID GTA; 04-13-2024 at 08:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2024, 12:38 AM   #68
Maxp
Rep
Drives: M240i

I love mine, no buyers remorse at all. I honestly miss driving it when I'm away at work.
Appreciate 2
      04-14-2024, 04:56 AM   #69
Coconut
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i xDrive

No buyers remorse from my side but that’s because my requirements for this car is a comfortable fast daily and with those expectations it excels in every metric. I didn’t need or want an M2. Don’t need the extra power, worse gas mileage, higher insurance cost, higher cost of wearables and personally I think the M240i looks better than the M2.

Now if I didn’t already have a second fun weekend car, then yes I’d for sure have buyers remorse. I’d want a bit more speed, more grip, less refinement and something more engaging. I’d opt for a manual M2, manual Supra or C8.
      04-14-2024, 06:51 AM   #70
PP3121
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i

1.5 years in, love every day I get into it. Let's be honest, I do not nearly have the experience as others...came from nearly 20 years of Mini Coopers (I miss at times). Never had a car like this.

Daily driver; comfortable; definitely can get up and go; no tracking on the mind at all; love the styling (still look back when I park at work); absolutely amazed at the mpg (mostly Comfort M-F commute - more S/S+ on weekend drives).

My only issue is that I have yet to get the seat adjustments perfectly set. The older body has different needs seemingly on a weekly basis - not the car's fault!
Appreciate 1
      04-14-2024, 05:44 PM   #71
BimmerBenzorBentley
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i

I've been trying to tell people on here but got flak for it but honestly, the 230i > m240i for the price point. Better looking, better handling, lighter, 15k cheaper, and if I ever got it ECU unlocked it would be game over with that lighter chassis.

Also less likely to get arrested when you really put your foot into it so it's arguably more fun to drive.

Last edited by BimmerBenzorBentley; 04-14-2024 at 05:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2024, 03:33 AM   #72
Pentland
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i (G42)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBenzorBentley View Post
I've been trying to tell people on here but got flak for it but honestly, the 230i > m240i for the price point. Better looking, better handling, lighter, 15k cheaper, and if I ever got it ECU unlocked it would be game over with that lighter chassis.

Also less likely to get arrested when you really put your foot into it so it's arguably more fun to drive.
Not this again…
You might as well compare a mini to the an M240i if that’s your view.
You can’t compare a 4 cylinder to 6.
Your over 100bhp down
It’s not 15k dollars difference, it’s 10.
If you could unlock the eco on a 230, you’ll be able to do it on a 240
You’re trolling.
Appreciate 6
      04-15-2024, 09:52 AM   #73
BG42
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240ix

Quote:

You told us you walk the world in your stock 230. You told us tracks were for rednecks, asked us when the last time we got a speeding ticket was. Weaving in and out of traffic is a battle of lowest iq buddy sorry. Those dudes who let you gap them because they have something to live for aren't slower they are just smarter.
Appreciate 3
      04-15-2024, 12:47 PM   #74
BobHen
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 2022 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPID GTA View Post
I’m getting a sense of buyers remorse just looking at this thread. Truth be told, on balance I’m not. Have come from a GR Yaris Rallye, previously Renault Megane RS 265 and an Alfa 147 GTA (among others). I’m sure at here is going to be missing what I came from however that is always the way and I’m feeling I’m a bit over the hot hatch style of car. I came very close to getting a low km M2 Comp just couldn’t agree price with the seller. I don’t go to the track and have no intention of doing so. So I’m locked and loaded to take delivery of a Brooklyn Grey M240i XDrive at the end of the month. My thought process was to get something which provided the best of both worlds and all indications are that this car is going to be the right call. Test drive certainly validated that. I’m expecting the majority of my driving will be in Sport or Sport plus however it will be good to have the benefit of comfort because the roads here in Sydney are pretty crappy in places plus traffic here can be very congested at times.
You will love it. As a daily or best-of-both-worlds car, it's fantastic. Believe me, it's very fast in comfort. In traffic or just going to the store, I dive in comfort mode. When I'm doing "spirted driving" on back roads or on early morning drives, I'm in sport plus. I take mine out early in the morning just to drive it. In sport plus, it's a torque monster.

I've had my M240i Xdrive for 2-years. In another 2-years, I'm buying another one – can't say more than that.

Bob
Appreciate 2
      04-15-2024, 04:02 PM   #75
Rich1790
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      04-15-2024, 04:26 PM   #76
viperx100
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M240i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BG42 View Post
You told us you walk the world in your stock 230. You told us tracks were for rednecks, asked us when the last time we got a speeding ticket was. Weaving in and out of traffic is a battle of lowest iq buddy sorry. Those dudes who let you gap them because they have something to live for aren't slower they are just smarter.
Yes, this troll should get a ticket for whatever he must be smoking with his posts... He lost me at "I'm a racer on public roads."
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2024, 04:28 PM   #77
Antique-ace
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i xDrive

Quote:

Sorry, but no.
Last month I drove a Thundernight 230i RWD loaner daily for a full week while my M240ix was at the dealership to address the well-known "rear suspension thump" problem. While the 230i is a nice coupe (and I enjoyed driving it much more than the I4 I previously had for a loaner), it was not more fun to drive or superior to my M240ix in any aspect (except for slightly better gas mileage).

SOLD: 2011 550i xDrive, 1995 M3.
Appreciate 0