11-01-2022, 01:45 PM   #265
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G05 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caerus View Post
Ditto
In a what-if-scenario, a center should inquire with the allocation number one holder to see if they want to forgo the unavailable option, in this case ZJJ. If so, they would proceed with the build sans the unavailable option. In the event that they decide to wait for the option to become available then that allocation would move to the next person in line. Note, a well run center should never make the assumption on a deposit holder’s part.
Appreciate 3
Caerus531.50
SCCThree816.00
      11-01-2022, 01:50 PM   #266
Quadruple VANOS
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameisnick4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by m20e3087 View Post
So our allocation will be put in que with carbon pak? Or it can't be entered until closer to 3/23?
This what I am wondering. For example, if you are #2 at a dealership that only initially gets 1 allocation but #1 wants the carbon pack. Does #1 get to sit on that initial allocation until that option is available or does that allocation then go to #2? Or is all of that at the discretion of the dealership?
The dealership is going to begin moving metal asap. If customer #1 wants to wait for the Carbon Pack they can, but the entire order queue isn't going to also wait for customer #1 to get for their desired spec filled. That is crazy!
Appreciate 1
T_U_D6679.50
      11-01-2022, 01:55 PM   #267
mynameisnick4
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadruple VANOS View Post
The dealership is going to begin moving metal asap. If customer #1 wants to wait for the Carbon Pack they can, but the entire order queue isn't going to also wait for customer #1 to get for their desired spec filled. That is crazy!
That's what I would assume as it makes the most sense but we are living in a time where a lot of things that do not make sense becoming commonplace lol
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2022, 04:44 PM   #268
Caerus
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M240ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_U_D View Post
In a what-if-scenario, a center should inquire with the allocation number one holder to see if they want to forgo the unavailable option, in this case ZJJ. If so, they would proceed with the build sans the unavailable option. In the event that they decide to wait for the option to become available then that allocation would move to the next person in line. Note, a well run center should never make the assumption on a deposit holder’s part.
Thanks for the explanation. That is what I figured would happen. No dealer will pass up an allocation for in demand car. This system should work out for high volume dealers with more allocations. But what would happen if the dealer only gets one or two per year? Those dealers probably won't get early allocations at first until the bigger dealers pipe line subsides. Just my take and please clarify. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2022, 06:00 PM   #269
trey100
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for the explanation. That is what I figured would happen. No dealer will pass up an allocation for in demand car. This system should work out for high volume dealers with more allocations. But what would happen if the dealer only gets one or two per year? Those dealers probably won't get early allocations at first until the bigger dealers pipe line subsides. Just my take and please clarify. Thanks.
Same. When the allocation becomes available, they will fill it with your order or the next persons. If they only get 2 allocations in the year, and you know you want a package that is not available currently, you should expect to wait until they get an allocation after the SOP.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2022, 06:16 AM   #270
DO444
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340i

Still can’t figure out why anyone would buy this versus an m4.

Fully loaded m2 versus m4?
Idk what’s the appeal here.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2022, 06:50 AM   #271
CodeSlinger
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 M2 & '17 Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DO444 View Post

If you are the kind of person to fully load out your cars you won't be happy with a base m4. If you are fine without carbon buckets you won't be getting them in the m2 either.

So when specced to feature parity you are saving ~$10k for a car with the same engine (slightly lower power), same suspension, same transmission and a smaller wheelbase.

Hope that helps
Appreciate 2
      11-03-2022, 06:54 AM   #272
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Still can't figure out why anyone would buy this versus an m4.

Idk what's the appeal here.
Probably the same reason I don't have a twin-turbo, six-speed 911 Porsche instead; that pesky thing called money always gets in the way..

When I option up a comparable M2 to M4, it's about a $20,000 difference. That's about another $400 in someone's monthly payment. Not a insignificant amount to sneeze at.

So basically, the M2 is the poor man's M4.

This article from 2016 when the OG M2 was unveiled might add some perspective to the M2 place in BMW's hierarchy:

Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      11-03-2022, 07:14 AM   #273
StickyPickle
Captain
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:

Because the M4 is a boat. The M4 was always my favorite M car but it's gotten too big now and I'm not a fan of the beaver grill
Appreciate 4
Caerus531.50
ronin130131000.50
AdnanH35415.00
      11-03-2022, 08:27 AM   #274
86zccrx
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3

I'm sure it's designed that way, but a base M3 and base M2 with no options are10k difference in price. If I spec out an M3 with the same options as the M2 that I would get(larger wheels, CF Roof, HUD, lighting package) the difference is still about 8-9k. Obviously, you can go way above that in the M3 since there are options the M2 doesn't offer, but if you are comparing the same specs between the 2 it's still a fairly large amount of money.
I strongly doubt the performance and driving dynamics will be much different between the 2 since they are the same underneath and basically the same weight so from what I can tell, it comes down to styling preference(especially with more color options for the interior/exterior) and practicality.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2022, 09:03 AM   #275
fanofbmwe46
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

I wonder if the LCI M2 will have adaptive lights standard and laser lights as optional.

Does anyone know if the current standard G80/82 lights are adaptive or only the laser lights?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2022, 09:11 AM   #276
86zccrx
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofbmwe46 View Post
I wonder if the LCI M2 will have adaptive lights standard and laser lights as optional.

Does anyone know if the current standard G80/82 lights are adaptive or only the laser lights?
The standard G80/82 lights are adaptive. I think I had read somewhere BMW is moving away from laser lights, so if that's true then I would doubt it would be added, but I could be mistaken.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2022, 10:18 AM   #277
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Pricing Guide (US) For 2023 BMW M2 (G87)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86zccrx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofbmwe46 View Post

The standard G80/82 lights are adaptive. I think I had read somewhere BMW is moving away from laser lights, so if that's true then I would doubt it would be added, but I could be mistaken.
It's true, BMWs is phasing out their top-tier laser light option and moving towards "matrix" LEDs technology, which uses individually controllable LED elements with reflectors to produce an extremely precise and highly variable light distribution of illumination.

Regardless, the US version is going to be the most basic in functions because the lighting law cripples the advanced selective-dimming feature, the most exciting and safety-enhancing capability, even under the most recent revision.

Here is sneak preview of what "matrix" lights can accomplish:

https://youtube.com/shorts/BSkSc3zEx7s?feature=share
Appreciate 3
      11-04-2022, 10:41 AM   #278
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Ditto
In a what-if-scenario, a center should inquire with the allocation number one holder to see if they want to forgo the unavailable option, in this case ZJJ. If so, they would proceed with the build sans the unavailable option. In the event that they decide to wait for the option to become available then that allocation would move to the next person in line. Note, a well run center should never make the assumption on a deposit holder's part.
I can't figure one thing, even though I would never pay the up-charge..

I know the carbon fiber roof is itemized as a option for $2,600. But as far as the carbon fiber seats go, is there à la carte option like on the M4 for $4,200 or is it only available with a higher tier, inclusive M package or whatever it's called?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2022, 10:52 AM   #279
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post

I know the carbon fiber roof is itemized as a option for $2,600. But as far as the carbon fiber seats go, is there à la carte option like on the M4 for $4,200 or is it only available with a higher tier, inclusive M package or whatever it's called?

No, CF buckets are not available as a standalone option. They are only available via the carbon package at $9900 USD.

Note, the car must be a Priority 1 unit to order the carbon package. Priority 1 is a Customer Sold unit.
Attached Images

Last edited by T_U_D; 11-04-2022 at 11:23 AM..
Appreciate 3
      11-04-2022, 11:26 AM   #280
m20e3087
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

:

No, CF buckets are not available as a standalone option. They are only available via the carbon package at $9900 USD.

Note, the car must be a Priority 1 unit to order the carbon package. Priority 1 is a Customer Sold unit.
If we can spec them with cup 2s, it's not a terrible deal.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2022, 11:45 AM   #281
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

:

Oh man, so the same as like in Canada, where all the goodies are in an all or nothing package..

The naive side of me likes to think that this package structure wasn't about greed but more so to move the base M2 in an unofficially level up, sort of like a Competition-Lite or something.

What I mean is, if a base model doesn't have the privilege of these extras and vehicles exclusively with the Carbon Package are differentiated by a lite roof, seats, spoilers, higher speed governor, ect. All this stuff cumulatively kind of puts the M2 with such in a derivative model by itself. Sort of a Ship of Theseus thought experiment.. 🧐

Or maybe I'm just overthinking it and BMW shareholders literally just like to swim in a mattress full of cash..

Either one these assumptions are equally plausible. 😎
Appreciate 2
      11-04-2022, 12:02 PM   #282
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Carbon buckets are no go anyways, since the rest of the interior is in non-matching vernasca leather. Even the rear seats.
Appreciate 2
atl_1M1520.00
      11-04-2022, 12:16 PM   #283
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
Carbon buckets are no go anyways, since the rest of the interior is in non-matching vernasca leather. Even the rear seats.
And then there is this above.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2022, 12:25 PM   #284
m20e3087
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
How's this possible? Two different types of leather if we choose Marino bucket.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2022, 12:32 PM   #285
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Only carbon buckets will have Merino leather. Look at pics, even center armrest is still the grainy varnasca leather. Recent video showed rear seats will also not be in Merino leather. Really devalues the carbon buckets in my opinion and the entire Carbon Pack with it.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2022, 12:41 PM   #286
atl_1M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 1M, '20 X5 40i

Quote:
Quote:
Only carbon buckets will have Merino leather. Look at pics, even center armrest is still the grainy varnasca leather. Recent video showed rear seats will also not be in Merino leather. Really devalues the carbon buckets in my opinion and the entire Carbon Pack with it.
Shady for BMW to call it full merino when ordering buckets. Here we thought we might get leather dash and door cards, when in fact you don't even get merino armrest or rear seats.
Appreciate 0