E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Bimmertech MMI Prime Rear View Camera Black After Putting Car In Accessory Mode

07-20-2024, 07:27 PM   #1
Celery335i
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW E93 335i

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Bimmertech MMI Prime Rear View Camera Black After Putting Car In Accessory Mode

For some reason, when I put my car in accessory mode (turning the engine off but putting the key in and starting without pressing the brake), my rear view camera will occasionally stop working. It will be black and it will show the back up lines but that is it.

It was working fine but there have been multiple times where it will be working, I put the car in accessory mode for something, start the engine, rear view camera is now black.

I have resolved this before on accident and then recently, I tried holding the “Options” button down and resetting the iDrive and that worked. I put the car in accessory mode once again a few days ago and the camera died. I thought: “No worries, I’ll do the Options button thing again.” Well, now that doesn’t work. If I’m on the MMI CarPlay screen, it turns the video signal off but doesn’t fix the issue; if I hold the “Back” button in the CarPlay, it resets the MMI but doesn’t fix the issue; if I go onto the iDrive screen and hold “Options”, it just cycles into the options then back out and then does nothing. What worked before was holding “Options” on the iDrive screen but now that doesn’t work. I also tried holding the volume button down and letting it reset. Still nothing. Any ideas?
Appreciate 0