Rx-7ames
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 M2

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR.WRLD View Post
I was worried about that. Do you think it's possible I can have them not de-code it out?
The dealership cannot, but you can. Get Bimmercode app, get an obdii dongle, and re-code it. There are several posts about this. Just do a search.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2023, 07:13 AM   #2378
BMR.WRLD
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 G87 M2 w/CF Pkg + MP HAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rx-7ames View Post
The dealership cannot, but you can. Get Bimmercode app, get an obdii dongle, and re-code it. There are several posts about this. Just do a search.
Thanks I was aware I can do, and I do have those posts saved. I didn't want to void my warranty right away just for this, if they can do it instead. But I eventually will since I plan to tune down the line.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2023, 08:46 PM   #2379
RootsTootsMagoots
Private
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

Hopefully someone can tell me if this is normal. I got on the waitlist at a very large M dealer before we even had pictures of the G87. I was 4th on the list. Upon the announcement/release of the car, I'm told that I'm 7th on the list. I bought a car from this dealer several years ago, too. Jump to this week, and I'm told they have no idea when/if I'll get an allocation and that my position is uncertain. I understand how their business works, but it feels disrespectful. It's not like I bother them or am annoying, I text once every six+ months for an update.

I found another dealer closer to me that I'm first on the list. It's a smaller city. I put down a $2k non-refundable deposit and am playing the waiting game for an allocation at MSRP. Sucks about the non-refundable part, but it is what it is.

So wtf. For those of you with allocations, do you buy multiple BMWs a year or something? I just bought an X3, but the dealer I bought it from wanted $10k over MSRP for an M2 allocation. Insane.

Frustrating so far. Dealers seem to be a major impediment at this point. Am I too nice or something?
Appreciate 1
      09-28-2023, 10:11 PM   #2380
Jteran3958
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RootsTootsMagoots View Post
Hopefully someone can tell me if this is normal. I got on the waitlist at a very large M dealer before we even had pictures of the G87. I was 4th on the list. Upon the announcement/release of the car, I'm told that I'm 7th on the list. I bought a car from this dealer several years ago, too. Jump to this week, and I'm told they have no idea when/if I'll get an allocation and that my position is uncertain. I understand how their business works, but it feels disrespectful. It's not like I bother them or am annoying, I text once every six+ months for an update.

I found another dealer closer to me that I'm first on the list. It's a smaller city. I put down a $2k non-refundable deposit and am playing the waiting game for an allocation at MSRP. Sucks about the non-refundable part, but it is what it is.

So wtf. For those of you with allocations, do you buy multiple BMWs a year or something? I just bought an X3, but the dealer I bought it from wanted $10k over MSRP for an M2 allocation. Insane.

Frustrating so far. Dealers seem to be a major impediment at this point. Am I too nice or something?
You did the right thing on moving on to another dealer if they are not communicating and keeping you in the loop. Honesty goes a long ways
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2023, 10:30 PM   #2381
DarkNight707
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G87 (2024),BMW E82(2009)-s

Quote:

That sucks! Based on other posts, If they were playing fair you would have had your allocation by now, specially on a large M dealer. Something similar happened to me, I was suposedly #1 on the list, then somehow fell to #8 when first added to the bank. Still, I got my allocation back in July. No, I dont buy multiple BMWs a year. As a matter of fact the one I drive is a 2009. After calling more than 10 dealers, I just found a dealer that was selling at MSRP. The other dealers were charging adm from 5-20k, with one of the dealers even speculating they would ask “like 30-40k” over msrp. Just gross. Good you are looking at other dealers.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2023, 10:46 PM   #2382
Spykexx
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3

Sounds like a shady a** dealer that's taking bids or bribes to jump the line. Unfortunately, especially with basically everyone letting them get away with it, what else can you do but goto another dealer and hope their honest.

I've got a great relationship with my CA and am now friends with him, and wouldn't consider us a large bmw center. German cars here don't sell exceptionally due to very low income on the Midwest where I'm at. But building the relationship definitely didn't hurt, basically get notified and first dibs on anything that comes in.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2023, 11:09 PM   #2383
RootsTootsMagoots
Private
Rep

Thanks for the reassurance, guys. Wish I would have known earlier; however, I'm happy to be on the right track. The experience makes me want to run for state government and remove these asinine dealer protection statutes.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2023, 07:52 AM   #2384
BMR.WRLD
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 G87 M2 w/CF Pkg + MP HAS

Quote:

I am buying my first BMW, a fully loaded M2 with buckets, at MSRP. First time dealing with this dealer of course. I got entered in the order bank Aug 31, I was told I was 5th in line. Sept 20 I was told someone just backed out of order bank so I may be moving up a tad. Sept 26 I was told I had allocation and paid 1K refundable deposit.

First dealer BMW of North Houston, tried to get me for 5-10K and I respectfully declined and never looked back. I was determined get MSRP because I knew it could be done.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2023, 08:24 AM   #2385
M2GUY
Private
Rep
Drives: M2

Anyone who wants an M2 in South East region, ready for delivery ( Brooklyn Grey, black interior, black wheels, red calipers and carbon package including buckets) at MSRP. PM ME
Appreciate 1
      09-29-2023, 09:03 AM   #2386
mrdudley
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiven View Post
So you def hit the lottery or your dealership has some pull with the factory lol. Highly unlikely but still suspicious. I have a build completion day of 9/29 but was 9/28 last week. I'm still told as of yesterday that I'm a Week 40 build. It should at least hit Ready to Transport by sometime next week so maybe that's accurate somewhat. We may be on the same line this week.
It’s not super out of the question to move reasonably quick. But I did purchase through a very high volume dealer.

7/22: paid deposit/got on waitlist
8/2: given allocation that was scheduled for production
8/15: production begins
8/28: build date
8/28: final assembly
9/1: ready for transport
9/18: on the ship
9/20: VPC (got MP HAS installed)
9/28: on a truck and at dealer later that day
9/30: picking up
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2023, 09:17 AM   #2387
xiven
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: `24 ZB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdudley View Post
I did purchase through a very high volume dealer.
So did I. But your location being much closer to the factory I'm sure has a lot to do with a quicker delivery.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2023, 09:28 AM   #2388
mrdudley
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiven View Post
So did I. But your location being much closer to the factory I'm sure has a lot to do with a quicker delivery.
Yeah Oxnard is only ~2 day boat trip from Mexico, and seemed like there were no delays offloading in Oxnard, nor delays for a truck. Then about a 6 hour trek to my dealer.

But last year when I ordered an X3, it went to Richmond port which is less than an hour away, and took 6 more weeks.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2023, 09:30 AM   #2389
Mr.McNutty
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E82 135i, G87 M2

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [10.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdudley View Post
It’s not super out of the question to move reasonably quick. But I did purchase through a very high volume dealer.

7/22: paid deposit/got on waitlist
8/2: given allocation that was scheduled for production
8/15: production begins
8/28: build date
8/28: final assembly
9/1: ready for transport
9/18: on the ship
9/20: VPC (got MP HAS installed)
9/28: on a truck and at dealer later that day
9/30: picking up
Thank you for giving me hope! My production date was yesterday and should be finished up soon, so if I could see the car in a month that would be amazing!

Also... 6 hour trek from Oxnard... you must be close to me.

Old username: OnesAndEyes
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2023, 09:53 AM   #2390
AZG87
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G87, 2018 Mustang GT traded in

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR.WRLD View Post
I am buying my first BMW, a fully loaded M2 with buckets, at MSRP. First time dealing with this dealer of course. I got entered in the order bank Aug 31, I was told I was 5th in line. Sept 20 I was told someone just backed out of order bank so I may be moving up a tad. Sept 26 I was told I had allocation and paid 1K refundable deposit.

First dealer BMW of North Houston, tried to get me for 5-10K and I respectfully declined and never looked back. I was determined get MSRP because I knew it could be done.
6 months ago there was alot adm offers and some jumped on them. But the current state there should be noone not paying msrp unless there is a car available on lot to drive home today and you don't want to wait to order. Then, and only if worth it to that customer maybe. Outside of that definitely not. You went the right route.
Appreciate 1
BMR.WRLD282.00
      09-29-2023, 07:54 PM   #2391
Koalafury
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:

So I got on the waitlist at a dealership in September of 2022. In May, I visited said dealership because my sales dude said there was a demo. I went and test-drove, loved the car, and was told that I was at the top of the list. Next allocation would be mine. Allocation dropped end of May and I called my guy probably 20 times. He ignored them all. I asked to speak to sales manager who confirmed that they received the allocation. I texted my sales guy and said I was coming in to talk to him face-to-face. He texts me back immediately saying they received no allocation. When I told him that I confirmed with his manager on their new allocation, he said that "previous M customers were getting front-loaded" and that I was now #4 on the list.

These dealerships play games so I feel your pain. I've since received allocation and my car is now on status 165 for the past week. I just received a call today from another local dealer saying that I got an allocation with them. I got on their waitlist with them in June....

If anyone in Texas need an allocation at MSRP, I may be able to help. LMK.
Appreciate 1
      09-29-2023, 08:34 PM   #2392
DCC
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives:

Which part of Texas?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2023, 12:00 PM   #2393
dadjoker
Private
United_States
Rep

Well my car is being delivered today and I was informed that it came without the M carbon roof, even though that was on my spec sheet. At a loss about what to do now.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2023, 12:51 PM   #2394
1stM
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadjoker View Post
Well my car is being delivered today and I was informed that it came without the M carbon roof, even though that was on my spec sheet. At a loss about what to do now.
Check your order number sheet. Was it matched the order number? Someone dropped the ball.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2023, 01:02 PM   #2395
dadjoker
Private
United_States
Rep

Yes, it was my car. Dealership gave me the next allocation to rectify it. Still really upset about this but nothing I can do
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2023, 01:05 PM   #2396
M_Power Rob
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 M240 and '23 M2

Quote:
Yes, it was my car. Dealership gave me the next allocation to rectify it. Still really upset about this but nothing I can do

If you take the next allocation, you should also ask for them to cover the $1,000 price bump on the MY24.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2023, 02:02 PM   #2397
dadjoker
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Power Rob View Post
If you take the next allocation, you should also ask for them to cover the $1,000 price bump on the MY24.
The car that came in today was a MY24
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2023, 02:55 PM   #2398
M_Power Rob
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 M240 and '23 M2

Quote:
The car that came in today was a MY24

Jeez, on a waitlist since Oct 2022 and your "original" allocation was a MY24? Either super busy dealer, dealer gets very few allocations, or they play games with allocations.

You could still ask for a concession for your troubles.
Appreciate 0