Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: A Family Sedan

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [9.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kubax86 View Post
i will not argue with you, but you're using some piggy back and afraid of doing transmission flash with oem software
My car is stock. I never said I use any piggy back
I wasn’t expecting an argument, just a correction of your website on a claim that seems false, as you pointed out BMW can look at logs and anyone that claims they can’t shouldn’t be believed
Appreciate 1
aerobod3721.00
      08-18-2023, 03:09 PM   #24
myaghi
Private
Rep
Drives: G87

I don't think you can see anything wrong in a transmission log...regarding the engine, that is very simply, they can look for boost and any tune or piggyback will make more boost than stock.
It's not like there is something radically different between the CSL software and out G87 one.
When you go for maintenance, I am 100% they will not notice and in case something goes wrong with the car and you need a warranty repair, you can write back the original software before going to service.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2023, 03:22 PM   #25
kubax86
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by myaghi View Post
I don't think you can see anything wrong in a transmission log...regarding the engine, that is very simply, they can look for boost and any tune or piggyback will make more boost than stock.
It's not like there is something radically different between the CSL software and out G87 one.
When you go for maintenance, I am 100% they will not notice and in case something goes wrong with the car and you need a warranty repair, you can write back the original software before going to service.
exactly my point
Appreciate 1
somer973.50
      08-18-2023, 03:31 PM   #26
cmgbk75
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G87, G26, E46, Mk6 5K

Garage List
2023 M2  [8.66]
2022 i4 40  [8.33]
2001 325Cic  [6.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomMuc View Post
Website does not look very trustable ...
Just as the warranty claim is not trustworthy.
Appreciate 1
aerobod3721.00
      03-25-2024, 02:48 PM   #27
ToneM2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

Has anyone done this to their G87 yet? I am looking at getting this done with UK based Defined Coding. One of my concerns was that if the CSL flash would be wiped if I perform any OTA update from BMW. I am also wondering how well the CSL spec dampers setting will perform on the M2 since they have different spring rates and if it will ruin the ride in the comfort setting. Anyone have personal experience with this?
Appreciate 1
Bumpinjeep5655.50
      03-25-2024, 03:22 PM   #28
Bumpinjeep
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

Garage List
2023 M2  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneM2 View Post
Has anyone done this to their G87 yet? I am looking at getting this done with UK based Defined Coding. One of my concerns was that if the CSL flash would be wiped if I perform any OTA update from BMW. I am also wondering how well the CSL spec dampers setting will perform on the M2 since they have different spring rates and if it will ruin the ride in the comfort setting. Anyone have personal experience with this?
Those are actually great points, there is a hardware difference between a G87 and a G82 CSL. Not just the difference between wheelbase either, we're talking about control arms, shocks, etc. I would imagine changing out the hardware parts first and then coding would work, but again, there are physical differences between the cars outside of bolt-ons, you can't lengthen the wheelbase for one. And do you have to use Cup2R tires or will that have a negative effect on the handling characteristics? This would certainly be cool to know, maybe Evolve Automotive can give us a better answer.
One more thing, what about cars with manual transmission? Obviously can't do the ZF tune but are there any other differences to look out for?
      03-25-2024, 05:41 PM   #29
ToneM2
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep View Post
Those are actually great points, there is a hardware difference between a G87 and a G82 CSL. Not just the difference between wheelbase either, we're talking about control arms, shocks, etc. I would imagine changing out the hardware parts first and then coding would work, but again, there are physical differences between the cars outside of bolt-ons, you can't lengthen the wheelbase for one. And do you have to use Cup2R tires or will that have a negative effect on the handling characteristics? This would certainly be cool to know, maybe Evolve Automotive can give us a better answer.
One more thing, what about cars with manual transmission? Obviously can't do the ZF tune but are there any other differences to look out for?
Evolve changed the hardware as well, they actually sell everything as a package.

Package consists of:

Genuine BMW M4 CSL Front Hubs
Genuine BMW M4 CSL Engine Mounts
Genuine BMW M4 CSL Transmission Mount
Genuine BMW M4 CSL Anti Roll Bars
Uprated Spherical Bushing Rear Control Arms
CSL Software Upgrades - Steering, DSC/MDM, Transmission, EDC
They will also supply you the info for alignment specs.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2024, 05:56 PM   #30
Bumpinjeep
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

Garage List
2023 M2  [8.00]
Quote:
Evolve changed the hardware as well, they actually sell everything as a package.

Package consists of:

Genuine BMW M4 CSL Front Hubs
Genuine BMW M4 CSL Engine Mounts
Genuine BMW M4 CSL Transmission Mount
Genuine BMW M4 CSL Anti Roll Bars
Uprated Spherical Bushing Rear Control Arms
CSL Software Upgrades - Steering, DSC/MDM, Transmission, EDC
They will also supply you the info for alignment specs.
Right, but that's for a G80/2 or I guess G81/3 too, with the auto transmission.
I'm talking specifically about a G87 with a manual.
Shorter wheelbase, so that will throw the software tuning up I would think for the DSC/MDM, the EDC, and for sure the Transmission since you'd just have to skip that altogether.
The alignment specs would be different too.
It would be cool to get that sort of a package for our G87s.
      03-25-2024, 06:16 PM   #31
ToneM2
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep View Post
Right, but that's for a G80/2 or I guess G81/3 too, with the auto transmission.
I'm talking specifically about a G87 with a manual.
Shorter wheelbase, so that will throw the software tuning up I would think for the DSC/MDM, the EDC, and for sure the Transmission since you'd just have to skip that altogether.
The alignment specs would be different too.
It would be cool to get that sort of a package for our G87s.
The package they offer is for the G87 M2. The hard parts underneath are essentially the same across the G chassis. Evolve has a video with a test drive and mentions how the package along with the shorter wheelbase makes the M2 feel more lively than the M4 CSL.
Appreciate 1
Bumpinjeep5655.50
      03-25-2024, 07:16 PM   #32
40 Cylinders
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 535d M-Sport

CSL tune mods

I saw a recent video from Autoid regarding these CSL enhancements... I reach out to them of how this was to be installed and as a previous post indicates, over the net... I then asked what if BMW has an upgrade and was told I would have a choice to either reject the upgrade or run the risk of losing the mod and having to pay to have another one installed..
I also went to my dealership and talked to two trusted service techs and neither of them felt there was any issue with the mod being detected and voiding the warranties... also both did not see a way to 'back-up' the mods to avoid a re-purchase scenario if lost due to a software upgrade..
I have a manual so not all would apply but I was most interested in the steering mod and dif mod... for reasons indicated in a previous post, I too thought the suspension mod might not be applicable ...
I also have the AReeve tune and the service guys know it.. it can be switched off/removed before an upgrade and then re-installed.. somehow the providers of these mods need to figure out a similar path
Appreciate 1
ToneM2151.50
      03-25-2024, 10:02 PM   #33
ToneM2
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40 Cylinders View Post
I saw a recent video from Autoid regarding these CSL enhancements... I reach out to them of how this was to be installed and as a previous post indicates, over the net... I then asked what if BMW has an upgrade and was told I would have a choice to either reject the upgrade or run the risk of losing the mod and having to pay to have another one installed..
I also went to my dealership and talked to two trusted service techs and neither of them felt there was any issue with the mod being detected and voiding the warranties... also both did not see a way to 'back-up' the mods to avoid a re-purchase scenario if lost due to a software upgrade..
I have a manual so not all would apply but I was most interested in the steering mod and dif mod... for reasons indicated in a previous post, I too thought the suspension mod might not be applicable ...
I also have the AReeve tune and the service guys know it.. it can be switched off/removed before an upgrade and then re-installed.. somehow the providers of these mods need to figure out a similar path
Well according to an email I received from the guys over at Defined Coding, OTA updates will not affect this. I was told the coding "remains with the vehicle and is not affected by firmware updates."
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2024, 03:52 AM   #34
kubax86
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Well according to an email I received from the guys over at Defined Coding, OTA updates will not affect this. I was told the coding "remains with the vehicle and is not affected by firmware updates."
That’s an obvious lie
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2024, 05:09 AM   #35
myaghi
Private
Rep

The CSL software doesn't include EDC, only gearbox TCU, diff software and steering software.I will do this in short time and I will also try and swapt the engine and trans mounts.
I am a little reluctant with the CSL steering software without changing the front hubs and the allingment, but I think I will try it and if I don't like it, I can revert back to original one
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2024, 10:00 AM   #36
Matt@Evolve
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4, E36 M3 Touring, Z3

Hey all! As said we did the hardware and software at the same time. We did not do the EDC as it seemed to upset the car.

It truly transformed the car.

https://www.evolveautomotive.co.uk/p...47071898665251

We also do just the software for those that want to try that, again remotely.

https://www.evolveautomotive.co.uk/p...29d5edeb&_ss=r
Appreciate 1
      03-26-2024, 06:47 PM   #37
ToneM2
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt@Evolve View Post
Hey all! As said we did the hardware and software at the same time. We did not do the EDC as it seemed to upset the car.

It truly transformed the car.

https://www.evolveautomotive.co.uk/p...47071898665251

We also do just the software for those that want to try that, again remotely.

https://www.evolveautomotive.co.uk/p...29d5edeb&_ss=r
Hey matt@evolve thanks for chiming in. So to your knowledge, does the ECU flash get wiped with OTA idrive updates?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2024, 05:49 AM   #38
Matt@Evolve
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Hey matt@evolve thanks for chiming in. So to your knowledge, does the ECU flash get wiped with OTA idrive updates?
Yes, we have had 2 customers who did not turn off auto OTA/chose to do the updates that lost both DME tuning along with CS/CSL coding.

Also of course any software that your car did not come with may void your warranty, regardless of if BMW made it for a different model such as these CS/CSL upgrades.
Appreciate 1
      03-27-2024, 10:22 AM   #39
ToneM2
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Yes, we have had 2 customers who did not turn off auto OTA/chose to do the updates that lost both DME tuning along with CS/CSL coding.

Also of course any software that your car did not come with may void your warranty, regardless of if BMW made it for a different model such as these CS/CSL upgrades.
Thank you for clearing that up. So we would have to repurchase at full price if it gets lost in an update?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2024, 11:22 AM   #40
Matt@Evolve
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thank you for clearing that up. So we would have to repurchase at full price if it gets lost in an update?
That's down to the discretion of whoever you use to do the software upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2024, 02:12 PM   #41
WhiteRqbbit
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 G87

Quote:
That's down to the discretion of whoever you use to do the software upgrade.
And if it's you who did it?
      04-13-2024, 06:01 AM   #42
myaghi
Private
Rep

I installed the CSL software on the gearbox, diff and steering last night. I did not drive to much but at first sight the difference are:
- steering, I did not feel anything, but as I said I only drove in the city
- rear diff, I can feel a difference with DSC off in the way it breaks traction, but i don't know for now if I like it more or not
- gearbox, in D1, D2, S1, S2 the shift are slightly sharper and more intuitive. I need to drive more for sure. In D3 / S3, here the difference is huge. The upshifts are instant, much faster than before and very aggresive. And here comes the not so nice part, the downshifts are too agresive, specially from 3 to 2, it feels harsh.
I did not drive a CSL, but if that what it feels on the downshifts than I am ok with that on my car. I will try and find out if that level of agression on the downshift form 3 to 2 is normal.
Overall the gearbox is more sporty and aggresive, like it should be from the factory
Appreciate 1
ToneM2151.50
      04-13-2024, 07:36 AM   #43
BroDoze
Captain
Rep
Drives: Stuff

Nothing from the steering? Wow, I thought that was supposed to be the biggest difference that could be noticed right away.
      04-13-2024, 05:41 PM   #44
mrgach
Registered
Rep
Drives: M240i G42

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubax86 View Post
DME is only locked for tuning, you can do anything with those cars via E-Sys
Where i can find your website ?
Can i do anything with my m240i g42 software ?
Appreciate 0