E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E93 window switch folding mirror button removal

09-06-2024, 10:27 AM   #1
brownbrady
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X3

E93 window switch folding mirror button removal

I bought a new E93 window switch with a folding mirror button from eBay because I cannot find one without it. My E93 does not have the folding mirror option and my cover plate does not have the hole for this button to come out of. Another user was able to "pull out" this button and it worked just fine in this post: https://www.e90post.com/forums/showp...18&postcount=3 and have reached out to the OP but if anyone else has done this, let me know how you removed the folding mirror button please.

Window switch image: https://photos.app.goo.gl/uNSe3g5oGpZgrZLp8
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2024, 10:28 PM   #2
Gagan S
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i

I bought a generic no name switch from Amazon. I pulled out the button for the mirrors as my car doesn’t have power mirrors and the switch has worked fine. Used plyers and pulled up/away from switch.

It will fit under the cover plate. Just be careful not to dame cover when removing old switch. Attached is the one I bought and removed the power mirror tab from.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1