bimmerpost/
BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Technical Topics (G42) App, Nav, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

07-21-2022, 05:29 PM   #89
akim89
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 m240i x-drive

For BC users, has anyone tried to code different colors for the ambient lighting? https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...789488&page=11

For example if you scroll down in that link (g20 forums) you can code different colors using expert mode. Just wondering if the it the same applies to our cars.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2022, 09:02 PM   #90
DaveDee
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M Comp

Garage List
Our cars have the same modules but do not have the light bar across the top area so the effects would be different
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2022, 09:11 PM   #91
CarsAndGuitars
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

I got Bimmercode today and was able to disable ASD and add the B&W audio settings.

I also found what appears to be an incompatibility in choosing G20, since G42 is not yet available. In setting Start in Sports Individual mode or disabling auto start stop, the ASS light remains on even after the car is shut off and locked.

I still want to set the "Sporty" exhaust value / ASD setting but got a little nervous after having to reverse the start driving mode and ASS settings.

I would also like to disable the seat belt chime, but could not get that ECU list to load. And I would also like to play around with the M Perf instrument cluster, logos, start screen etc, but maybe just best to wait for official G42 support before going too far and creating an issue. Perhaps the ASS light staying on was a warning not to mess around too much ??
      08-31-2022, 01:51 PM   #92
m_g42bmw
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw

Patiently waiting for iOS support but has anyone tried to code our DRL light strip from white LED to Amber to match the side markers?
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2022, 07:18 PM   #93
mblaucoupe135
Major
United_States
Rep

Has anyone messed around yet with the expert mode of ASD? I went in there today and noticed a bunch of different options like ASD with burbles. I'm afraid to try it and mess something up inadvertently so I'm hoping someone else has experimented with this. Also, how do you code ASD to be sporty as all I see is an option to make it active or not active?

I also coded the B&W sound system, but not sure what that does exactly?
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2022, 07:33 PM   #94
P_Chris
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2022 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mblaucoupe135 View Post
Has anyone messed around yet with the expert mode of ASD? I went in there today and noticed a bunch of different options like ASD with burbles. I'm afraid to try it and mess something up inadvertently so I'm hoping someone else has experimented with this. Also, how do you code ASD to be sporty as all I see is an option to make it active or not active?

B&O creates a few new sound profiles like concert, studio, on stage ect…. Only works if you have Harmon kardon.
      09-04-2022, 07:38 PM   #95
CarsAndGuitars
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

I coded ASD and also the 2 sound settings in head unit expert to get the Sporty Exhaust valve selection.

B&W adds some surround profiles in place of Logic7 which are much more realistic and usable to me
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2022, 08:12 PM   #96
mblaucoupe135
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsAndGuitars View Post
I coded ASD and also the 2 sound settings in head unit expert to get the Sporty Exhaust valve selection.

B&W adds some surround profiles in place of Logic7 which are much more realistic and usable to me
Can you tell me exactly which ASD option in expert mode you coded? Also looks like my adapter is not allowing me to access the headunit option. Which adapter do you all recommend to be able to access all the coding option in bimmercode?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2022, 06:11 PM   #97
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Can you tell me exactly which ASD option in expert mode you coded? Also looks like my adapter is not allowing me to access the headunit option. Which adapter do you all recommend to be able to access all the coding option in bimmercode?
I use both Enet cable or modBMW ENET Wi-Fi. I prefer using an iPad to avoid any bluetooth or wifi conflicts or dropouts. Good to always use flight mode too (with Wif Fi on if using the modBMW) Both these are fast whereas all the bluetooth adaptors are slow to load modules and slow to code giving more time for errors

The Sporty mode is coded in advanced settings:

Open Bimmercode and to to Head unit
Click on Expert mode
In the search box look for Sound
There will be 2 entries:

DISPLAY MENU CONFIGURATION_ENGINE_SOUND
* Select and click ENABLED Check box

DISPLAY CONFIGURABILITY ENGINE SOUND
* Select checkbox ACTIV

Complete by coding option
You will now have a "sporty" setting in the engine sound menu

Of note during cold start the valve stays closed and can be operated only after cold start has finished. Options can be selected in iDrive. I think this is a better way than leaving the valve permanently open
Appreciate 2
      09-05-2022, 07:51 PM   #98
mblaucoupe135
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDee View Post
I use both Enet cable or modBMW ENET Wi-Fi. I prefer using an iPad to avoid any bluetooth or wifi conflicts or dropouts. Good to always use flight mode too (with Wif Fi on if using the modBMW) Both these are fast whereas all the bluetooth adaptors are slow to load modules and slow to code giving more time for errors

Click on Expert mode
There will be 2 entries:

* Select checkbox ACTIV

Of note during cold start the valve stays closed and can be operated only after cold start has finished. Options can be selected in iDrive. I think this is a better way than leaving the valve permanently open
Thanks for the info, this is very helpful! Just to clarify this sporty mode just keeps the valve open in the exhaust all the time except for on cold start right? This doesn't have anything to do with the active sound correct?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2022, 05:42 AM   #99
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Click on Expert mode
There will be 2 entries:

* Select checkbox ACTIV

Thanks for the info, this is very helpful! Just to clarify this sporty mode just keeps the valve open in the exhaust all the time except for on cold start right? This doesn't have anything to do with the active sound correct?
Quote:
Quote:

Click on Expert mode
There will be 2 entries:

* Select checkbox ACTIV

Yes, I've tested this with an auxiliary valve and it does just that. After cold start it can be switched but keep in mind sport+ has more effects both internal and external
Appreciate 1
      09-06-2022, 07:20 PM   #100
mblaucoupe135
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes, I've tested this with an auxiliary valve and it does just that. After cold start it can be switched but keep in mind sport+ has more effects both internal and external
Thanks for confirming that. I now have the milltek exhaust on my car which also has a valve which is supposed to operate the same way as the stock valve.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2022, 09:24 PM   #101
allfitat55
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Thanks for confirming that. I know have the milltek exhaust on my car which also has a valve which is supposed to operate the same way as the stock valve.
If you are using the stock plug and valve it will work the same way as the plug will be connected to the ECU as well
Appreciate 1
      09-09-2022, 05:50 PM   #102
rons e92
60-130 Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

Is this updated for iOS yet? I'd really like to disable ASS and the seatbelt chime. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2022, 11:06 PM   #103
LivingInSalt
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M240i

No
Appreciate 1
rons e921405.00
      09-12-2022, 04:10 PM   #104
XC3LLR8
Banned
Rep
Drives: Super73

In one of the iDrive 7 menu options it shows the backend of the car with the brake lights on and flashing the left blinker, which is amber. Obviously the car has red blinkers, but I much prefer having amber as it's much more noticeable than a flashing blinker the same color as the brake light.

Any chance rear blinkers in amber is an option with BimmerCode?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2022, 09:32 AM   #105
Crazy One
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G42

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC3LLR8 View Post
In one of the iDrive 7 menu options it shows the backend of the car with the brake lights on and flashing the left blinker, which is amber. Obviously the car has red blinkers, but I much prefer having amber as it's much more noticeable than a flashing blinker the same color as the brake light.

BMW turning lights are amber/yellow just like all the other cars.

If yours are red, then there are two possibilities:
1. Your turn signal is broken and system is using stop light as a turn signal - in that case, fix the light

2. Instead of BMW dealer, you ordered your car from Wish - in that case send it back
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
redcars102.00
      09-13-2022, 09:53 AM   #106
XC3LLR8
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy One View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by XC3LLR8 View Post

BMW turning lights are amber/yellow just like all the other cars.

If yours are red, then there are two possibilities:
1. Your turn signal is broken and system is using stop light as a turn signal - in that case, fix the light

2. Instead of BMW dealer, you ordered your car from Wish - in that case send it back
No disrespect, but you're wrong.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-13-2022, 09:55 AM   #107
LivingInSalt
Major
Rep

It's a US thing. You're both right and both wrong
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2022, 10:10 AM   #108
XC3LLR8
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingInSalt View Post
It's a US thing. You're both right and both wrong
LOL - how am I wrong?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2022, 10:19 AM   #109
LivingInSalt
Major
Rep

You told them they were wrong about the turn signals being amber. They are amber. So you were wrong.

They said the turn signals were not red. They are red. So they were wrong.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2022, 11:24 AM   #110
XC3LLR8
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingInSalt View Post
You told them they were wrong about the turn signals being amber. They are amber. So you were wrong.

They said the turn signals were not red. They are red. So they were wrong.
Context.

He said they were amber, just like all other cars.

No disrespect, but you're wrong, too.
Appreciate 0