Severecorpse
Private
Rep
Drives: G42 M240i MY23

Quote:
Originally Posted by moominter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severecorpse View Post
I've been through the UK, US and German BMW configurators and all three all have the Aluminium Rhombicle trim on the dashboard. All three have the M illumination as a cost option regardless of trim colour and when selected with Aluminium Rhombicle, it still only appears on the doors, not on the dash. So who knows.

I believe I'm in the first batch of UK MY23 cars due 1st / 2nd week of October and I have the Aluminium Rhombicle trim with standard ambient lighting, so will report back if no one gets their UK car before me.
My dealer still has no idea how my car will arrive but another dealer has sent me some photos of a car thats just arrived in the UK with the Rhombicle trim but gloss black on the dash with the dots lighting in it , i assume if the M accents are ordered it will like the photos & not the configurator .
I collect tomorrow, so will get some more photos taken and upload them.
Appreciate 2
dj931.50
PP3121360.50
      10-05-2022, 04:13 PM   #68
moominter
Private
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
what spec did you order ?
If I had known about the black dash I would have not had the rhombicle trim and had gloss black to match , I have also ordered the M accents .
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2022, 04:19 PM   #69
Severecorpse
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
If I had known about the black dash I would have not had the rhombicle trim and had gloss black to match , I have also ordered the M accents .
I got the Rhombicle with standard ambient lighting. The M performance lighting isn't my thing.

Disappointed I've still ended up with piano black on the upper dash area even if it's now illuminated.

The piano black looks great when it's new, but looks shit after a few weeks with marks and swirls.

At least I've got the harder wearing Rhombicle around the gear selector, but it's a bitter pill to swallow having paid the £150 for the Rhombicle option vs the standard piano black, just to have a small amount around the gear selector and nothing more.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2022, 08:55 AM   #70
Schnapps
Banned
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I got the Rhombicle with standard ambient lighting. The M performance lighting isn't my thing.

Disappointed I've still ended up with piano black on the upper dash area even if it's now illuminated.

The piano black looks great when it's new, but looks shit after a few weeks with marks and swirls.

At least I've got the harder wearing Rhombicle around the gear selector, but it's a bitter pill to swallow having paid the £150 for the Rhombicle option vs the standard piano black, just to have a small amount around the gear selector and nothing more.
Where did you order this from if I may ask please!
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2022, 11:32 AM   #71
Fernando_380
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i xDrive

Quote:

I think the black on the upper part is slightly different from before and from video's looks to be a layered see through gloss black rather than a straight Piano black mirror finish. So might not be so bad but I guess time will tell.

Like you say £150 for half the trim is still disappointing.
Appreciate 1
      10-06-2022, 12:39 PM   #72
Fernando_380
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i xDrive

UK is also now live with the changes. However they have still not updated the exterior such as the black spoiler

Name:  1.png
Views: 627
Size:  1.37 MB

Name:  2.png
Views: 626
Size:  1.56 MB
Appreciate 1
      10-07-2022, 02:02 AM   #73
Severecorpse
Private
Rep

Hey guys. As promised, I have taken some night shots of the "Standard" illuminated trim now we have the illuminated dash trim.

My spec is Aluminium Rhombicle (which has arrived just around the gear selector on my MY23 car. I didn't want piano black on the dashboard, but we don't get a choice.

Hope these help. If anyone wants to know any more, let me know. Cheers
Attached Images

Appreciate 10
      10-07-2022, 06:15 AM   #74
cannockwolf
Captain
Rep
Drives: M240i 2023

The Uk site is acting strange the rhombilce selection show gloss black and the gloss black selection shows the textured finish which i would have though should go with the rhombicle style. But both versions of the illumination are present (m and non-m)
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2022, 06:21 AM   #75
PP3121
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i

Severecorpse Great visuals. Thank you!

I am curious what I have in mine. The only time I was in the car, the day prior to collection/stop sale, and I did not look carefully enough as I was overwhelmed with the screen and gear selection area. Saw the gloss black, but did not notice if it was illuminated or not.

From what I heard, there is no purple ambient lighting. Is this true with yours?
Appreciate 1
      10-07-2022, 07:30 AM   #76
moominter
Private
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Hey guys. As promised, I have taken some night shots of the "Standard" illuminated trim now we have the illuminated dash trim.

My spec is Aluminium Rhombicle (which has arrived just around the gear selector on my MY23 car. I didn't want piano black on the dashboard, but we don't get a choice.

Looks great , are you liking the car so far ?
Oh & did they still charge the full £150 for the Rhombicle trim ?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2022, 07:31 AM   #77
DriftKing860
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Passat

Are those two different ambient colors in same time?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2022, 07:32 AM   #78
Severecorpse
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftKing860 View Post
Are those two different ambient colors in same time?
No, just two examples from several colour options. You can only select one at a time.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2022, 07:40 AM   #79
Severecorpse
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Looks great , are you liking the car so far ?
Oh & did they still charge the full £150 for the Rhombicle trim ?
Yes, still charged the full £150. I do wonder if the price will reduce now the configurators are being updated. If not, seems expensive for the small area around the gear selector only.

The car is fantastic, well worth the wait and delays.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2022, 07:42 AM   #80
Severecorpse
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP3121 View Post

I am curious what I have in mine. The only time I was in the car, the day prior to collection/stop sale, and I did not look carefully enough as I was overwhelmed with the screen and gear selection area. Saw the gloss black, but did not notice if it was illuminated or not.

From what I heard, there is no purple ambient lighting. Is this true with yours?
I'd have to have a look, I don't remember seeing a purple.

From memory there are around 10 colour options, I'll make a list later this evening and post it up.
Appreciate 2
PP3121360.50
      10-07-2022, 07:45 AM   #81
LivingInSalt
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M240i

There is purple (Lilac)
Appreciate 1
PP3121360.50
      10-07-2022, 10:41 AM   #82
donm527
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Chevrolet Z06

So, with BMW now making the Illuminated M Trim standard, does that mean we can change the ambient lighting from the tri-color they always show to advertise the option to the colors you showed in your pics??

Sorry if sounds dumb but just still not sure lol.

I mean, I'm on the fence on ordering a 2-series and I understand really no choice in the matter anyways. But on top of other changes like having to accept the new flat panel dash on the newer builds (I really like the look of a 2022 traditional dash and having real AC buttons), and trying to grow and like that rear end... it's a lot of things to kind of accept to plop down $50K for the parts of the car (engine/performance) that do get me excited.

QUOTE=Severecorpse;29413425]Hey guys. As promised, I have taken some night shots of the "Standard" illuminated trim now we have the illuminated dash trim.

Hope these help. If anyone wants to know any more, let me know. Cheers[/QUOTE]
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2022, 12:03 PM   #83
LivingInSalt
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M240i

Quote:

Quote:

From memory there are around 10 colour options, I'll make a list later this evening and post it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingInSalt View Post
There is purple (Lilac)
Well, I was wrong. I looked at a YouTube video of a 22 m240i and it had Lilac listed, and I would have sworn I saw purple when I first played around with the ambient lighting. But in my 23, I see:

Ivory
Citrine
Coral
Flamingo
Pearl
Turquoise
Emerald
Rose
Azure
Appreciate 1
PP3121360.50
      10-07-2022, 12:15 PM   #84
TJZ67201
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 M240i

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
There is purple (Lilac)
Well, I was wrong. I looked at a YouTube video of a 22 m240i and it had Lilac listed, and I would have sworn I saw purple when I first played around with the ambient lighting. But in my 23, I see:

Ivory
Citrine
Coral
Flamingo
Pearl
Turquoise
Emerald
Rose
Azure
They changed the colors with iDrive 8. Closest to purple now is that pink color. Very unfortunate… hopefully this can be coded back with BimmerCode
Appreciate 1
PP3121360.50
      10-07-2022, 12:26 PM   #85
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:

Thanks for sharing the photos.

Question, I've notice on some newer BMW models, the (new) passenger side dash trim LEDs blinks/flashes/strobes when there is an incoming call or a vehicle announcement.

Do you know if the G42 trim piece does the same or similar for announcements?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2022, 12:28 PM   #86
Severecorpse
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:

Thanks for sharing the photos.

Question, I've notice on some newer BMW models, the (new) passenger dash trim LEDs blinks/flashes when there is an incoming call or a vehicle announcement.

Do you if G42 trim piece does the same or similar or announcements?
I've not noticed that but only had the car for 24hrs. I'll keep an eye on it over the coming days and report back if I see anything.
Appreciate 1
Poochie9107.50
      10-07-2022, 12:30 PM   #87
Severecorpse
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
There is purple (Lilac)

Ivory
Citrine
Coral
Flamingo
Pearl
Turquoise
Emerald
Rose
Azure
You beat me to it. Just been out to the car and made the same list before seeing your post.
Appreciate 2
PP3121360.50
      10-07-2022, 12:44 PM   #88
oncityce
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 G42 M240ix

Illuminated M is forced to have in all builds.
Appreciate 0