E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > JLevi = FAIL... bad experience

04-15-2010, 01:32 PM   #1
Alpine Whiteboy
Jerry's Fault...
Rep
Drives: 2013 535xi M-Sport SGM

Thumbs down JLevi = FAIL... bad experience

First off I know this should Probably be in the "sponsors" section. But truth is more people visit this area more often so I wanna make sure people see the bullsh*t I had to go thru with JLevi. Then the Admin can move this all they want...

I ordered an M3 lip spoiler from JLevi on 3/22/2010. I paid $30 extra for it to be "expedited" so I would have it shipped to me sooner. Cal tells me it would be to me by Friday, I ordered it on a Monday. Friday comes, nothing. No big deal, things get delayed. Monday comes, nothing. So I email Cal asking what happened to my product. He tells me "Our shipping/logistics manager had a family emergency and she has been out of the office since Friday of last week, she won't be returning until tomorrow and you can imagine the catching up we have to do in order to get all shipments out on time.

I assure you we will try our best to get your order shipped out tomorrow"

O.K. Understandable, shit happens.

TWO days later, it's still "in paint". So I email Cal the following:

So I've noticed my product is STILL in paint. I would assume you would have no problem refunding my $30 expedited fee I paid? I realize an employee had an emergency, but the fact is if I never paid the $30 expedited fee, and there were no emergencies, my order would normally be arriving any day now, which I did not want to wait that long because Im having some things done to my car today and needed the lip sent to me ASAP.

He tells me no problem.

April first comes. I get an email from Cal:

Just emailing to let you know that the body shop messed up and painted your spoiler gloss black instead of matte black, its going back for repaint tomorrow but there will be another 2-3 business day delay.

Just "so happens" they mess up my paint and have to re-do it AFTER I ask for my money back. Which they haven't refunded yet by this time. 2-3 more days of waiting now??? Ok, what else am I gonna do, I waited long enough right?

FIVE DAYS LATER (April 6th), no refund, STILL "in paint"...

I email him and tell him. He says sorry, he's gonna fwd my email to his manager...

TWO MOREEEEEE DAYSSSSS go by and I email him the following:
It is safe to say I am a VERY dissatisfied customer. It's been WAY to long since I ordered this product from you and status says it is STILL in paint and I never received my $30 expedited fee refund which we spoke about OVER a week ago. It has been a week since u last told me "2-3 more days". At this point I'm not too sure anymore if I will be doing business with you in the future...

Never heard from him after that. But he did email me on his "specials" of course.

Monday, April 12th comes. It's shipped. Regular Fed-Ex ground... You would think after all the BS he put me thru he would overnight it at his own expense to make up for all his mistakes. At least that's what I would have done to a customer that I jerked around for nearly a month... But then that's just me..

Hope I get it by this Friday. Oh that is of course if nobody steals it if it's left with the wrong person in my project building. Even tho I never told him to ship it there, my shipping addy is different from my billing, which is SAVED on my JLevi account from a PREVIOUS purchase, and it is also on the INVOICE that I received stating it was going to be shipped to my Job. But that got screwed up too somehow...

Thanks Cal. Don't be upset at me for writing this. I had a VERY bad experience with you and I'm just letting everybody know. Just like they would do for the rest of us...
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2010, 01:33 PM   #2
MalM3
4 pot warrior
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 318I

Garage List
2006 e90  [10.00]
never having used him, im not biased at all .

But the Levi team get such good write-ups, that its hard for me to believe :?

Been there, done that, wanna do it again
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2010, 01:39 PM   #3
Alpine Whiteboy
Jerry's Fault...
Rep

It is hard to believe because I know of all the great writeups they have. I didn't write this with any intent to hurt his business, because one mistake out of thousands of business deals is nothing. I just felt like I had to rant because he has me extremely upset. He can't deny anything I've written here either and I'm sure he won't because even tho it's hard to believe, it's the truth.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2010, 01:55 PM   #4
SpmnE9zero
DENY THE WORLD THAT SURROUNDS YOU
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB 33ZERO

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine Whiteboy View Post
It is hard to believe because I know of all the great writeups they have. I didn't write this with any intent to hurt his business, because one mistake out of thousands of business deals is nothing. I just felt like I had to rant because he has me extremely upset. He can't deny anything I've written here either and I'm sure he won't because even tho it's hard to believe, it's the truth.
I am sorry to hear about your experience.
I believe you, not because it is believable or not believable, but mainly because your avatar scares the shit outa me! I hope all works out for ya.
      04-15-2010, 01:56 PM   #5
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

Hit up Jlevi. He's boss man.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2010, 01:58 PM   #6
stimpy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Sorry about your bad experience Sounds like it's a rarity but you have every right to be angry and make this post.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2010, 01:59 PM   #7
IancoleTX
Dillo boxers
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5C

Sounds like you could use a little patience man. Believe it or not, the world will not come to a screeching halt if it takes you a few more weeks to get your spoiler. Shit happens.
      04-15-2010, 02:06 PM   #8
bsamoul
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

I think this is an isolated incidence. Never had any problems with them. Things happen, like you said.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2010, 02:08 PM   #9
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

knowing JLEVI, after this i wouldnt be suprised if he sent it to you completely refunded to show he cares about his customers, thats why they are successful IMHO
      04-15-2010, 02:17 PM   #10
Alpine Whiteboy
Jerry's Fault...
Rep

Yeah like I said shit happens. The only thing that pissed me off the most wasn't the wait, it was the lack of communication/professionalism. I've ordered my Matte Black Grille from him and it came in about 3-4 days. I planned on ordering a few more things like matte black exhaust tips, painted AW front reflectors, and possibly more but now I'm not too sure I want to...
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2010, 02:19 PM   #11
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Wow, I think you were actually too patient in all this. I would have lost it long ago. I hope its just a shitty employee making the whole co. look bad and not vice versa.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2010, 02:22 PM   #12
Bimmer-Pilot
NY Yankees #1
Cuba
Rep
Drives: 2010 AW E92

Garage List
2008 Ferrari F-430  [0.00]
06 X-3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IancoleTX View Post
Sounds like you could use a little patience man. Believe it or not, the world will not come to a screeching halt if it takes you a few more weeks to get your spoiler. Shit happens.
Patience!!!!He ordered it 3/22 its now 4/15 LOL...4 weeks-I got shit from China faster then that..That sucks sorry to hear....
      04-15-2010, 02:24 PM   #13
herro
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by IancoleTX View Post
I would agree with you 99% of the time but it's been almost a month for a customer who ordered an in-stock item WITH expedited shipping.. patience only goes so far
      04-15-2010, 02:34 PM   #14
iBoost
Retired e90post Member
Rep
Drives: real slow

That indeed is a bad-experience. Sucks but it happens.

In the other hand I have always gone through them and all my experiences have been great! All there customer service was top-notch for me, thanks to Nick@jlevis.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2010, 02:39 PM   #15
ibeclueless
What
Rep
Drives: E92 328xi

i never had a problem with them, it sucks that had to happen to you

My E92 Photos
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2010, 02:39 PM   #16
Alpine Whiteboy
Jerry's Fault...
Rep

I forgot to mention the $30 WAS refunded to me on Monday. Just wanted to clear that up. And patience does only go so far. I was plenty patient at first because like I said "no big deal, shit happens". But give me a break.

I don't think it was a bad employee because as far as I know I was only dealing with Cal, and I've dealt with him before with no issues. I just don't WTF was going on THIS time lol...
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2010, 02:41 PM   #17
Alpine Whiteboy
Jerry's Fault...
Rep

Oh and I would hate to think that just because their shipping manager has an emergency, their whole operation gets thrown out of wack...
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2010, 02:45 PM   #18
HTran
Pi Epsilon Pi
Rep
Drives: 335

dont worry man. Shit happens in businesses. You cant make everyone happy. Sorry to hear about your bad experiences.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2010, 03:05 PM   #19
SV Concepts II
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine Whiteboy View Post
First off I know this should Probably be in the "sponsors" section. But truth is more people visit this area more often so I wanna make sure people see the bullsh*t I had to go thru with JLevi. Then the Admin can move this all they want...

I ordered an M3 lip spoiler from JLevi on 3/22/2010. I paid $30 extra for it to be "expedited" so I would have it shipped to me sooner. Cal tells me it would be to me by Friday, I ordered it on a Monday. Friday comes, nothing. No big deal, things get delayed. Monday comes, nothing. So I email Cal asking what happened to my product. He tells me "Our shipping/logistics manager had a family emergency and she has been out of the office since Friday of last week, she won't be returning until tomorrow and you can imagine the catching up we have to do in order to get all shipments out on time.

I assure you we will try our best to get your order shipped out tomorrow"

O.K. Understandable, shit happens.

TWO days later, it's still "in paint". So I email Cal the following:

So I've noticed my product is STILL in paint. I would assume you would have no problem refunding my $30 expedited fee I paid? I realize an employee had an emergency, but the fact is if I never paid the $30 expedited fee, and there were no emergencies, my order would normally be arriving any day now, which I did not want to wait that long because Im having some things done to my car today and needed the lip sent to me ASAP.

He tells me no problem.

April first comes. I get an email from Cal:

Just emailing to let you know that the body shop messed up and painted your spoiler gloss black instead of matte black, its going back for repaint tomorrow but there will be another 2-3 business day delay.

Just "so happens" they mess up my paint and have to re-do it AFTER I ask for my money back. Which they haven't refunded yet by this time. 2-3 more days of waiting now??? Ok, what else am I gonna do, I waited long enough right?

FIVE DAYS LATER (April 6th), no refund, STILL "in paint"...

I email him and tell him. He says sorry, he's gonna fwd my email to his manager...

TWO MOREEEEEE DAYSSSSS go by and I email him the following:
It is safe to say I am a VERY dissatisfied customer. It's been WAY to long since I ordered this product from you and status says it is STILL in paint and I never received my $30 expedited fee refund which we spoke about OVER a week ago. It has been a week since u last told me "2-3 more days". At this point I'm not too sure anymore if I will be doing business with you in the future...

Never heard from him after that. But he did email me on his "specials" of course.

Monday, April 12th comes. It's shipped. Regular Fed-Ex ground... You would think after all the BS he put me thru he would overnight it at his own expense to make up for all his mistakes. At least that's what I would have done to a customer that I jerked around for nearly a month... But then that's just me..

Hope I get it by this Friday. Oh that is of course if nobody steals it if it's left with the wrong person in my project building. Even tho I never told him to ship it there, my shipping addy is different from my billing, which is SAVED on my JLevi account from a PREVIOUS purchase, and it is also on the INVOICE that I received stating it was going to be shipped to my Job. But that got screwed up too somehow...

Thanks Cal. Don't be upset at me for writing this. I had a VERY bad experience with you and I'm just letting everybody know. Just like they would do for the rest of us...
I understand for your position and I offer my apologies. But sometimes these things are just out of our hands (ie: the paint shop).

In any event, please check your PM. I'm sure we can work something out to alleviate your frustrations.

Last edited by SV Concepts II; 04-15-2010 at 03:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2010, 03:18 PM   #20
SpmnE9zero
DENY THE WORLD THAT SURROUNDS YOU
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB 33ZERO

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal@Jlevi SW View Post
I understand for your position and I offer my apologies. But sometimes these things are just out of our hands (ie: the paint shop).

In any event, please check your PM. I'm sure we can work something out to alleviate your frustrations.
What a class act! Jlevi FTMFW!
      04-15-2010, 03:24 PM   #21
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

Hi Vincent,

I checked with Cal on the order here to see what went wrong. It looks like we more than dropped the ball with the expedited service. We implemented this option to give people a quicker turn around but never followed through on ensuring that each grill was turned around with the service when ordered. In addition, on your order, our body shop did spray it the wrong color twice. Call it a comedy of errors but it simply added to the delay with the order.

The bad news is that it ruined your order and I am very sorry for that. I accept full fault and responsibility as not only did we not deliver on our promise, but we took longer than a standard turn around which is unacceptable. The good news is that we now have a dedicated employee monitoring our paint situation to ensure the grills that are top priority receive that treatment and all others are processed in a normal timeframe.

I do appreciate the support from other members in this post and agree that it is out of our modus operandi. We are known for exceptional service and quick turn around, neither of which was offered here. Unfortunately in every business that I have been involved in, these occurrences do happen. It's no excuse but I find that if we can learn from it, resolve it for the customer and make sure it doesn't happen again- it can turn into a positive for us.

I am working with Cal to make sure that you are taken care of on this order or a future order. I also do understand that it will effect your purchasing decision in the future but hope that we can make it right in this situation and hope that you can accept our apologies.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2010, 03:34 PM   #22
bsamoul
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal@Jlevi SW View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
Hi Vincent,

I checked with Cal on the order here to see what went wrong. It looks like we more than dropped the ball with the expedited service. We implemented this option to give people a quicker turn around but never followed through on ensuring that each grill was turned around with the service when ordered. In addition, on your order, our body shop did spray it the wrong color twice. Call it a comedy of errors but it simply added to the delay with the order.

The bad news is that it ruined your order and I am very sorry for that. I accept full fault and responsibility as not only did we not deliver on our promise, but we took longer than a standard turn around which is unacceptable. The good news is that we now have a dedicated employee monitoring our paint situation to ensure the grills that are top priority receive that treatment and all others are processed in a normal timeframe.

I do appreciate the support from other members in this post and agree that it is out of our modus operandi. We are known for exceptional service and quick turn around, neither of which was offered here. Unfortunately in every business that I have been involved in, these occurrences do happen. It's no excuse but I find that if we can learn from it, resolve it for the customer and make sure it doesn't happen again- it can turn into a positive for us.

I am working with Cal to make sure that you are taken care of on this order or a future order. I also do understand that it will effect your purchasing decision in the future but hope that we can make it right in this situation and hope that you can accept our apologies.
And this is why they're so great to work with, unlike some vendors on this forum, they actually care about the customer.
Appreciate 0