F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
Studio RSR

08-01-2023, 01:40 AM   #11991
tehfalcon
Bimmer Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 REx Tera

Quote:
Originally Posted by fe7565 View Post
I have a weird Pangolin-named MMI w/HDMI, basically a Road Top B2 version #2. That's how I bought it, used. Last week I contacted Road Top directly for assistance about an update and they told me to go pound sand.

I also have a Carlinkit MMI no/HMDI (a plug and play for the Pangolin Road Top) with marginally better firmware update options out there in the wild, but this unit is less reliable and crashes at times. Of course, having no access to any recent firmware that may fix it, makes this unit sit in a box.

Thanks Carlinkit! Thanks Road Top! I guess beggars who do not want to spend $3K on an OEM retrofit Carplay-upgrade...cannot be choosers
https://mega.nz/file/qnZRlQBT#d9ozyC...OPL_6RwORH1e0Q

Here is the latest RoadTop B2 NBT update, which adds support for BT Audio. No promises it will work on your pangolin unit though
Appreciate 2
fe7565552.50
Halfb8d86.50
      08-01-2023, 02:08 AM   #11992
fe7565
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i N26

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehfalcon View Post

Here is the latest RoadTop B2 NBT update, which adds support for BT Audio. No promises it will work on your pangolin unit though
Thanks, appreciate it. Unfortunately. my firmware is v3.5.0.1.ly.b2 which is very close to Road Top B2 version #2 (except my Pin code is 2916 and not 8032).

Your version looks like Road Top B2 version #1....a bridge too far to risk flashing since I do not have a backup file for my current firmware, nor do I have any older or newer confirmed versions to fall back on.
      08-01-2023, 07:42 AM   #11993
3zmac
Rep
Drives: x3 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanswn View Post
But I have the HDMI and non-HDMI version, the non-HDMI version the Wireless AA is much more smoother than the HDMI version.

But without the proper interface navigation, it's just rubbish and near to unusable at the moment :-(.
I'm about to install the HDMI version, because I thought that was supposed to be the smoother, newer option despite not needing the HDMI capability. Should I opt for the cheaper non-hdmi instead?

Last edited by 3zmac; 08-01-2023 at 08:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2023, 08:54 PM   #11994
fe7565
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3zmac View Post
I'm about to install the HDMI version, because I thought that was supposed to be the smoother, newer option despite not needing the HDMI capability. Should I opt for the cheaper non-hdmi instead?
I would look for whichever MMI model you can get the best software update support for. (i.e Customer Service). Customer Service has it's own monetary value when it comes to dealing with sellers in a far away foreign land that barely understand the products they are selling along with their customers' needs.

Buying a Ford Focus makes more sense if you end up having a TESLA sit in your driveway because of no software updates.

If you do not need HDMI, either version should work. The HMDI version supposed to be newer, but the exact details of why its newer and what components have been improved is a "trade secret" only known to the secretive Chinese manufactures and distributors.

Last edited by fe7565; 08-02-2023 at 03:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2023, 11:15 PM   #11995
Halfb8d
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22' 330i xdrive M Sport Shadow

Quote:

This will work with the mmi box they have listed on their site for sale currently or do I need to contact customer service and specifically order B2 model?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2023, 12:31 AM   #11996
seanswn
Malaysia
Rep
Drives: F10 528i Lci / F30 330i Lci

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvery777 View Post
They said and update is coming but not sure when. Hopefully they are not just BSing
I gotten a patch, but it fixes nothing of the issue being mentioned, if you want to try, this is 1.18, compare to 1.15

https://mega.nz/file/iFQBnYyC?spm=a2...hKJv-WVCzg2obc

Regards
Appreciate 1
zvery777278.50
      08-02-2023, 02:40 PM   #11997
dotmaster206
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i Xdrive 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanswn View Post
Yes it is, I just updated on my Unit, it works with Android Auto.
But "Hey Google" seems to stop working after switching to Bluetooth audio.
Manually triggering Google assistance works on Android Auto.

The Voice button on the steering wheel stop working on Google Assistant too after update.
This worked! HUGE improvement in sound - total game changer. I just wish I hadn't just wasted $80 on an AAwireless dongle to do the same thing, but much worse because it was fighting the MMI for control of the connection. Oh well - water under the bridge.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2023, 02:03 AM   #11998
Julian67
Registered
Rep
Drives: F31

Hey, i have two problems after I installed my Ewaying MMI Box.
1. the original clock in the NBT Menu doesnt show me any Time.
2. the BMW warning sound is not working anymore

Does anyone have a solution for it?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2023, 04:00 AM   #11999
fe7565
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian67 View Post

What is a BMW warning sign? Did you code you car recently?

If you have MOST (fiber optic), need to plug both back into the MMI quadlock so it can communicate with the NBT-HU.

Otherwise, need more info on your setup as to understand your situation.
      08-03-2023, 04:41 AM   #12000
Julian67
Registered
Rep
Drives: F31

I mean the warning gong. If you have the ignition left on and left your car.
I transfered the fiber optic cable to the new quadlock, and I think there is the problem. Can I possibly have reversed the direction ?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2023, 04:53 AM   #12001
Sally63
Rep
Drives: BMW f30

Quote:

hey buddy.

I've seen this question before. I think first you need to check whether your fiber optic cable transfer is successful. If the time is not displayed, it means that the optical fiber is not connected properly, which may also affect the communication.
What is the BMW warning sound you speak of? Is it a beep or what? What specific aspects?

I've bought 2 ewaying devices and they're fine except for a few minor issues.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2023, 12:49 PM   #12002
gp0715
Rep
Drives: E61 535D

Hi everyone
I need this mcu file, does anyone have one?

my other car soft:
SDK Version: 25.0.0.7.0.0.2.0
CUST Version: EW_CHL_V1.6.8 a_n
MCU Version: 20.12.1.18
HW Version: BMW_CICHL

I have such a unit, I connected it to a retrofit e60 CIC 2008 LCI, but the camera does not return to the CIC menu when I switch it, but remains in the mmi menu My other car is perfect, it has older software

Last edited by gp0715; 08-03-2023 at 01:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2023, 01:25 PM   #12003
Ernstjan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 435d F36

People thinking about getting one, there is a MOST version for NBT by MR12Volt.
It has been mentioned before, but it now has clear coding instructions for TV mode.
If I didn't have an MMI yet, I would get this one.
https://www.mr12volt.com/collections...ts/p2000-nbtmd
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2023, 10:29 PM   #12004
Halfb8d
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22' 330i xdrive M Sport Shadow

Looks like I cant use this one because my head unit is single din and came with the small screen even though I replaced it with 8.8 inches of long hard…… glass. Anyone have a link to a box that allows you to disable audio sink and use Bluetooth for both idrive and CarPlay/aa auto
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2023, 02:18 AM   #12005
Paul0417
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:

Your fiber optic cable is not connected properly, please reconnect it, or check if it is reversed.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2023, 02:26 AM   #12006
Jenly Tang
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
Anyone know if the BT Audio update works on Roadtop NBT?
SDK Version: 25.0.0.7.0.0.2.0
CUST Version: B2R169R3
MCU Version: 23.1.12.117
HW Version: B_N2_1_G
Hi guys,

1.6.13 or 1.7.3 can complete this function, you can consult the relevant software with Roadtop customer service.
Appreciate 2
fe7565552.50
      08-04-2023, 08:36 PM   #12007
3zmac
Rep

Car doesn't switch back to Andream/Carplay after reversing.

I just got the unit installed, but ran an issue: after backing up, the unit doesn't switch back to CarPlay/Android Auto. It stays in iDrive, and if I put the car in park, it sits at the reverse camera image until I hit the menu/back button.

Holding the menu button to manually switch to the Andream unit does not bring me back.

Turning the car off and back on again does work, but this is not really feasible day to day.

Has anyone experienced this or have any advice?

This is the stock camera, installed in a 2015 F25 335i with NBT.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2023, 10:08 PM   #12008
fe7565
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3zmac View Post
I just got the unit installed, but ran an issue: after backing up, the unit doesn't switch back to CarPlay/Android Auto. It stays in iDrive, and if I put the car in park, it sits at the reverse camera image until I hit the menu/back button.

Holding the menu button to manually switch to the Andream unit does not bring me back.

Turning the car off and back on again does work, but this is not really feasible day to day.

Has anyone experienced this or have any advice?

This is the stock camera, installed in a 2015 F25 335i with NBT.

Some of these may apply to your case, may not. I have an aftermarket cam with my MMI vs your OEM cam setup.

You may have tried this already...but some MMI's use the Menu button and some use the Back button on the iDrive controller to switch between OEM screen and the MMI screen. On my unit I have to use the Back button. If I hold down the Menu button for 2-3 seconds it reboots the MMI. For most people it's the Menu that switches back and forth.

Make sure your MMI backup signal wire is installed properly, or maybe it needs to be disconnected. In my case, the after market cam video to the MMI is automatically switched on/off by the MMI WITHOUT the need for connecting the backup signal wire, because the MMI reads the CANBUS for OEM CAN signals that the gear is put in reverse.

There is also setting in the MMI that allows you to set the time length for the backup cam to stay active on the MMI screen. And there is a setting to use the Idrive controller Menu button to cancel out of the backup cam view anytime.

Since you have an OEM backup cam setup, I am not familiar with it's details, but may want to check your MMI settings. There is an MMI menu setting that accounts for "car OEM backup" or "after-market back up'. In your case it should be set to "OEM backup"...but if it is already set there, then try to swap around to "after-market" and see what happens.

Also, if you connected anything to the MMI's backup cam input wire, or the MMI's backup-cam power supply wire (should not be connected)...may want to remove them...or vice versa.

Some units require the dip switch setting to be different if having an OEM backup-cam. I think its switch #7, but can be different on different units. Most units do not require any switch changes for a backup-cam.

Note, that normally for any MMI menu settings changes to take place you need to reboot the MMI (remove power).

Last edited by fe7565; 08-04-2023 at 10:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2023, 11:49 AM   #12009
3zmac
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fe7565 View Post
Some of these may apply to your case, may not. I have an aftermarket cam with my MMI vs your OEM cam setup.

You may have tried this already...but some MMI's use the Menu button and some use the Back button on the iDrive controller to switch between OEM screen and the MMI screen. On my unit I have to use the Back button. If I hold down the Menu button for 2-3 seconds it reboots the MMI. For most people it's the Menu that switches back and forth.

Make sure your MMI backup signal wire is installed properly, or maybe it needs to be disconnected. In my case, the after market cam video to the MMI is automatically switched on/off by the MMI WITHOUT the need for connecting the backup signal wire, because the MMI reads the CANBUS for OEM CAN signals that the gear is put in reverse.

There is also setting in the MMI that allows you to set the time length for the backup cam to stay active on the MMI screen. And there is a setting to use the Idrive controller Menu button to cancel out of the backup cam view anytime.

Since you have an OEM backup cam setup, I am not familiar with it's details, but may want to check your MMI settings. There is an MMI menu setting that accounts for "car OEM backup" or "after-market back up'. In your case it should be set to "OEM backup"...but if it is already set there, then try to swap around to "after-market" and see what happens.

Also, if you connected anything to the MMI's backup cam input wire, or the MMI's backup-cam power supply wire (should not be connected)...may want to remove them...or vice versa.

Some units require the dip switch setting to be different if having an OEM backup-cam. I think its switch #7, but can be different on different units. Most units do not require any switch changes for a backup-cam.

Note, that normally for any MMI menu settings changes to take place you need to reboot the MMI (remove power).
The menu key is functioning fine, it's just when I reverse and then and put the car in park or (sometimes) drive it stops allowing me to switch back.

This car has the 360 cameras and front camera built in

Dip switches *should* be set correctly with 123 on, and the rest off. I haven't connected anything to the MMI camera. Weirdly, I don't have a timeout setting for the backup camera, but there is a setting for the front camera (see below "Front View Time Set" ?

I'm inclined to think my issue is one of the settings in the reverse camera settings. Does anyone know what these do?
Front View Time Set (0)
Reverse full screen (off)
Park Enable (off)
Match 360 display (off)
Disnable Park View (off) --this is actually how it's spelled in the settings menu

FWIW, my versions are:
SDK: 25.0.0.7.0.0.2.0
CUST: EW_B2_1.6.13_n
MCU: 22.10.10.110
HW: B_N2_1_G

I've reached out to Andream support, but no response in 24hr. I know it's a weekend though, so hopefully something by Monday.

Also just discovered, AA only works for my Pixel phone when plugged in, but I know this phone supports it wirelessly (works in my other car) and the MMI should support as well. It pairs just fine, but I never get the notification to start wireless AA, on the phone, and it never shows up in the MMI "Carplay" devices settings.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2023, 03:09 PM   #12010
fe7565
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

My mistake...the front camera has a time-on option not the rear cam. The front cam comes on for your selected time period (0-15s) after the rear cam if you put the car in drive again after reverse. You can still cancel out of the rear cam anytime with the Menu button, if that was selected.

Not familiar with the OEM 360 cam and how it's implemented in the MMI. I am sure it reads the CANBUS messages and the MMI takes action based on those. Search the forums, or hopefully someone else can address this.

As far as the Pixel. It's painful, but I would start from scratch and remove the Pixel from the car's Bluetooth and also from the MMI's. Then add back in the MMI again first and then to the car. Make sure in the car under Options you select data, audio under the paired phone. Also make sure to give full access in the Pixel settings to the BLE and wifi connections with the car and MMI. When I used Android in the past (use CarPLay now), deep access permissions were not automatic.

Some people toggle between the car and MMI for having full bluetooth control, but primarily affects the audio priority and quality.

The problem with these MMIs is that the firmware is closed and worked on by a few so-called engineers in China. So no way they are able/willing to address issues that their customers (like us) struggle with. I wish the couple of Andream distributor people lurking here, as much as they are trying to be helpful, would pass on to their MMI engineer contacts these common recurring issues.

If the MMI would be an open-source firmware, the public working together would have already fixed the myriad of problems. Just like Firefly1337 and his team did early on when they hacked into and modified/vastly improved on the MMI firmware files.

Many people had good results with changing their MCU files to MCU 21.9.13.122 (note the risks)
MCU firmware updates are a much lower risk than the MMI program firmware updates which seem to be specific to the distributor.

Last edited by fe7565; 08-06-2023 at 11:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2023, 12:37 AM   #12011
Gulivert
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 2013 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domih View Post
There is a new update for Andream BMW CIC, NBT and EVO MMI's (1.6.13)

It allows you to use bluetooth in stead of AUX. Saves a lot of install work for CIC mmi's and sound quality is better.

Can be downloaded from here:
https://102435.sharepoint.com/:f:/s/...960Xw?e=1QRsGy

Update at own risk, As far as I know, only works on 1.5.x and 1.6.x version numbers.

Only known problem is that Siri's reply volume is very low.
Hi, it's very interresting to know. Is it compatible with the Andream for NBT (ID4) / Without HDMI ? I'm new with this Andrem system. It works good but the sound could be better. I just don't want to screw it ˆˆ

My system :
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-07-2023, 02:51 AM   #12012
seanswn
Malaysia
Rep
Drives: F10 528i Lci / F30 330i Lci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulivert View Post
Hi, it's very interresting to know. Is it compatible with the Andream for NBT (ID4) / Without HDMI ? I'm new with this Andrem system. It works good but the sound could be better. I just don't want to screw it ˆˆ

My system :
Check my precious post, there is a 1.18 version. But nothing like the full HDMI features, the yx firmware is a rubbish one.
Appreciate 0