bimmerpost/
BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Technical Topics (G42) Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

02-23-2023, 09:39 PM   #67
scandal37
Rep
Drives: G30 520i M Sport

There clearly must be something to having the oil changed soon on a new vehicle. The local BMW dealer here in Hong Kong includes a run in oil change at 3 months or 3000 kms (~1800 miles) with every new car sold regardless of model.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-24-2023, 06:10 AM   #68
Invisiblename
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandal37 View Post
There clearly must be something to having the oil changed soon on a new vehicle. The local BMW dealer here in Hong Kong includes a run in oil change at 3 months or 3000 kms (~1800 miles) with every new car sold regardless of model.
Maybe they just can’t be bothered to get into a conversation about it with their customers? Just because they do it, doesn’t mean it needs doing
      02-26-2023, 03:05 PM   #69
Mike_H_
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M240ix, 370z, Highlander

Quote:
Originally Posted by danallxt View Post
Side note: while i was at the dealership i spied a black BMWi8, striking at first but then really checking it out, i didn't care for the weird rear half styling. There was a M4 convertible with the top down that just didn't look right to me. But most impressive was an i7x drive with 21 inch rims. I generally don't care for the massive vertical grille they use on some models but it fit this car proportionally. Paint was called an oxide grey, a very light grey with a slight brownish tint, awesome interior, that car had presence big time...but then at 140 grand i guess it should.
The sort of throw back styling of the M240ix is the only current BMW that I find appealing. To my eye, the most recent design language, as seen on the next gen X7 and 7 series is a disaster. Perhaps the M240i is the last BMW design I will find attractive. I've read the criticism of it, but to me, it was always beautiful.
Appreciate 3
MPR1811.00
Coconut749.50