04-25-2024, 11:54 AM   #45
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreVW View Post
I plan on washing my car when I get home tonight and driving Battlewagon (my hail damaged/buy back GLI) to work tomorrow so that the M2 stays clean. I plan on arriving around 0830 as well.
Sounds good. That will be my plan as well unless I can't clean my car or if the weather is dumb on sat morning.
      04-25-2024, 11:59 AM   #46
NoMoreVW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Current: VW R32, GTI

Keep me in the loop!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2024, 07:31 AM   #47
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Keep me in the loop!
Rain looks like it might hold off but the roads are really wet. I'm keeping my car in the garage this morning. Next time!
      04-27-2024, 08:35 AM   #48
NoMoreVW
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLellan View Post
Rain looks like it might hold off but the roads are really wet. I'm keeping my car in the garage this morning. Next time!
Same here. I spent a good chunk of Thursday getting the M cleaned up; didn’t want to get it dirty again so soon. I might not drive it next week either since there’s a show next Saturday. 🤣🤣

I also detailed my wife’s car and since she works from home, she hasn’t driven hers since either. She gets annoyed when I ask her to not drive it for a day or two.

Not really though, I have the break-in service on Tuesday! Finally hit 1135 miles since I brought in home the first week of October. 🫣
Attached Images

Last edited by NoMoreVW; Yesterday at 10:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2024, 09:45 AM   #49
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Same here. I spent a good chunk of Thursday getting the M cleaned up; didn’t want to get it dirty again so soon. I might not drive it next week either since there’s a show next Saturday. 🤣🤣

I also detailed my wife’s car and since she works from home, she hasn’t driven hers since either. She gets annoyed when I ask her to not drive it for a day or two.

Not really though, I have the break-in service on Tuesday! Finally hit 1135 miles since I brought in home the first week of October. 🫣
Nice. Everything looks really clean and especially the wheels and tires. It's nice to get the break in service then you can drive with a bit more freedom!

My car might sit in the garage for the next few days too. We'll see if the roads dry out later today. If not the next car I drive might be a Ferrari. Heading to Vegas next week for a buddies bday party and were doing some racing.

I tend to hang around the west metro for shows and am usually at the Chan or Medina autoplex ones if the weather is good. If there are some other shows around town that are worth going to keep posting here.
      04-27-2024, 07:13 PM   #50
NoMoreVW
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Nice. Everything looks really clean and especially the wheels and tires. It's nice to get the break in service then you can drive with a bit more freedom!

My car might sit in the garage for the next few days too. We'll see if the roads dry out later today. If not the next car I drive might be a Ferrari. Heading to Vegas next week for a buddies bday party and were doing some racing.

I tend to hang around the west metro for shows and am usually at the Chan or Medina autoplex ones if the weather is good. If there are some other shows around town that are worth going to keep posting here.
Thanks! They both look great if I say so myself.

That sounds awesome. I am heading to Vegas in October and was thinking of renting an exotic as well.

In the meantime I am thinking about doing the M Track Day at Road America in 2 weeks. I’ve heard it was worth it a few years ago when they were charging less than $400, but now that it’s $650 people here have said it’s not.

Have any of you done it?

There’s a show next weekend; the first Cars and Coffee. It will be interesting to see how it goes with them rotating the shows almost every month and especially with this one being at the farmers market downtown.
Appreciate 1
JMcLellan2067.50
      Yesterday, 10:35 AM   #51
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks! They both look great if I say so myself.

That sounds awesome. I am heading to Vegas in October and was thinking of renting an exotic as well.

In the meantime I am thinking about doing the M Track Day at Road America in 2 weeks. I’ve heard it was worth it a few years ago when they were charging less than $400, but now that it’s $650 people here have said it’s not.

Have any of you done it?

There’s a show next weekend; the first Cars and Coffee. It will be interesting to see how it goes with them rotating the shows almost every month and especially with this one being at the farmers market downtown.
That is a reasonable price if you are able to go and beat on a few M cars on a track like that assuming you get a few laps in each car. Think about bringing your own car to a track, prepping it with alternative wheels/tires, getting supplemental track insurance for the weekend, etc. That can get pricey. Plus, you can beat the crap out of an M2 that is not yours. I would consider going but that is my annual golfing-fishing opener weekend.

I did get an email from BMW saying I have a "complementary new owners track drive" at the BMW performance school. Anyone get this email and/or planning to do it?
      Yesterday, 10:42 AM   #52
NoMoreVW
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
That is a reasonable price if you are able to go and beat on a few M cars on a track like that assuming you get a few laps in each car. Think about bringing your own car to a track, prepping it with alternative wheels/tires, getting supplemental track insurance for the weekend, etc. That can get pricey. Plus, you can beat the crap out of an M2 that is not yours. I would consider going but that is my annual golfing-fishing opener part weekend.

I did get an email from BMW saying I have a "complementary new owners track drive" at the BMW performance school. Anyone get this email and/or planning to do it?
I received that as well. If I remember correctly, it’s only offered at 2 locations. Not sure if I I’ll do it. Driving to Road America is one thing but flying to the east or west coast is another…

The price is reasonable if the stars align I guess. The laps are done in a follow the leader style and the leader will base the speed on the experience of the group, so you could end up with a slow group. They advertise being able to drive a M2, M3, and M4. I’m tempted, but $650 could go a long ways towards a midpipe or other items.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 12:35 PM   #53
Endz24
Rep
Drives: '24 BSM M2

I realize they're called 'stealerships' for a reason, but I had such a poor experience with Motorwerks recently. I'll just copy and paste my initial email to the GM so I don't have to retype the whole scenario.

-----

I purchased a 2024 M2 in late October of last year from you guys. My 2nd car purchased from your dealership in 3 years. Within a week, I had the car back in so that winter tires could be put on the stock rims. The tech placed the Michelin PS4S tires into the tire carriers and I transported them home to be stored for the winter. Fewer than 100 miles on the tires and 100% tread remaining.

Fast forward to Friday. I took the car to Imola Motorsports in Plymouth to have the Michelin tires mounted on new Vossen wheels for summer, along with some other things. The tech called me and stated that there was a bulge in the front right tire sidewall and he would recommend replacing the tire. He sent me a photo.

I contacted your dealership to start a warranty claim with Michelin. I believe I spoke to Todd(?) - head of tire sales - "27 years of experience." I relayed the above, sent the photo, and reiterated that I did not hit a pothole in the 3-5 days I had the car, and that nothing was mentioned to me when the tires were removed by his dealership. He told me it was clear impact damage and that "he was just a middleman." Despite being a "middleman," he was unwilling to submit a claim on my behalf, as that risks the dealership of having to "cover the cost."

What can't be conveyed in this email is the manner in which I was spoken to. As if I was a scammer trying to get a free tire. When I told him I wouldn't be bringing my car back to the dealership for any service or buying another car there in the future, he obviously couldn't have cared less.

-----

This was 2 weeks ago and I got no response from the GM. Just sent him another 'followup' email:

-----

I haven't heard back from you, so I just wanted to circle back to this email from a couple of weeks ago. I'll take your lack of response as confirmation of the type of dealership I was dealing with.

To me, whether there was an acceptable resolution to be reached from my perspective is irrelevant. To not even reach out to address the situation and let a customer who has purchased multiple vehicles walk away from your business is absurd, especially considering there is another BMW dealership locally and other high-end shops for maintenance. Clearly you feel differently.

This isn't the first time I've had a poor experience at your store, just the first time I've been vocal about it. Friends and neighbors seem to concur. I'm also an active BMW forum member and have relayed the situation as well.

Again, feel free to reach out if there's anything you'd care to address.

-----

Basically, am I insane? Is this not a ridiculous stance for them to maintain? We're talking about a tire (with a clear manufacturing defect at that)! The cherry on top is really the no followup from the guy. Am I being unreasonable?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 12:51 PM   #54
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endz24 View Post
I realize they're called 'stealerships' for a reason, but I had such a poor experience with Motorwerks recently. I'll just copy and paste my initial email to the GM so I don't have to retype the whole scenario.

-----

I purchased a 2024 M2 in late October of last year from you guys. My 2nd car purchased from your dealership in 3 years. Within a week, I had the car back in so that winter tires could be put on the stock rims. The tech placed the Michelin PS4S tires into the tire carriers and I transported them home to be stored for the winter. Fewer than 100 miles on the tires and 100% tread remaining.

Fast forward to Friday. I took the car to Imola Motorsports in Plymouth to have the Michelin tires mounted on new Vossen wheels for summer, along with some other things. The tech called me and stated that there was a bulge in the front right tire sidewall and he would recommend replacing the tire. He sent me a photo.

I contacted your dealership to start a warranty claim with Michelin. I believe I spoke to Todd(?) - head of tire sales - "27 years of experience." I relayed the above, sent the photo, and reiterated that I did not hit a pothole in the 3-5 days I had the car, and that nothing was mentioned to me when the tires were removed by his dealership. He told me it was clear impact damage and that "he was just a middleman." Despite being a "middleman," he was unwilling to submit a claim on my behalf, as that risks the dealership of having to "cover the cost."

What can't be conveyed in this email is the manner in which I was spoken to. As if I was a scammer trying to get a free tire. When I told him I wouldn't be bringing my car back to the dealership for any service or buying another car there in the future, he obviously couldn't have cared less.

-----

This was 2 weeks ago and I got no response from the GM. Just sent him another 'followup' email:

-----

I haven't heard back from you, so I just wanted to circle back to this email from a couple of weeks ago. I'll take your lack of response as confirmation of the type of dealership I was dealing with.

To me, whether there was an acceptable resolution to be reached from my perspective is irrelevant. To not even reach out to address the situation and let a customer who has purchased multiple vehicles walk away from your business is absurd, especially considering there is another BMW dealership locally and other high-end shops for maintenance. Clearly you feel differently.

This isn't the first time I've had a poor experience at your store, just the first time I've been vocal about it. Friends and neighbors seem to concur. I'm also an active BMW forum member and have relayed the situation as well.

Again, feel free to reach out if there's anything you'd care to address.

-----

Basically, am I insane? Is this not a ridiculous stance for them to maintain? We're talking about a tire (with a clear manufacturing defect at that)! The cherry on top is really the no followup from the guy. Am I being unreasonable?
It is reasonable to at least expect a reply from the GM. I typically don't have much luck trying to sort stuff like this out over email so I would go into Motorwerks to talk with the GM, with your receipt from the tire swap last fall, and have the damaged tire in the car in case someone wants to see it. They probably aren't piecing together the details you know and just thinking "car was sold last year and it's been driven"......

Can your sales person advocate for you as well? I don't know. I used to only go to Minnetonka but I soured on them because a couple weird experiences and have now converted to Motorwerks. The people I've worked with there since being a customer have all been great.

I also go to Imola for some of my service needs. A little pricey for some things but they always take good care of me.
      Yesterday, 02:03 PM   #55
Endz24
Rep

Quote:
It is reasonable to at least expect a reply from the GM. I typically don't have much luck trying to sort stuff like this out over email so I would go into Motorwerks to talk with the GM, with your receipt from the tire swap last fall, and have the damaged tire in the car in case someone wants to see it. They probably aren't piecing together the details you know and just thinking "car was sold last year and it's been driven"......

Can your sales person advocate for you as well? I don't know. I used to only go to Minnetonka but I soured on them because a couple weird experiences and have now converted to Motorwerks. The people I've worked with there since being a customer have all been great.

I also go to Imola for some of my service needs. A little pricey for some things but they always take good care of me.
It really is the lack of response. I would stop in if it wasn't almost a 30 min drive to the dealership.

I forgot to mention that when I brought my car in for break-in, I let my SA know that there was rattle around ~3k RPM that seemed to be coming from the front speaker. He sat in the car and concurred. When I came to pick the car up, I was informed that it was a piece of plastic in the glove box and "his boss" wanted to charge me $200 for diagnostic time. I politely let him know that I wouldn't be paying that, as he also thought it was the speaker initially, and I wouldn't have brought it up if I didn't think it was a warrantable issue. There was also no discussion of any possible cost associated with the visit. After going back to speak to whoever, he let me know that he "took care of me." Like, what?

Despite the way it may seem, I promise I'm not a diva. I guess I just think that there should be a certain level of customer service expected when buying a luxury vehicle. Wishful thinking, I suppose. But it's clear that if you're not STRONGLY advocating for yourself, you'll get absolutely screwed.
Appreciate 1
JMcLellan2067.50
      Yesterday, 03:12 PM   #56
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It really is the lack of response. I would stop in if it wasn't almost a 30 min drive to the dealership.

I forgot to mention that when I brought my car in for break-in, I let my SA know that there was rattle around ~3k RPM that seemed to be coming from the front speaker. He sat in the car and concurred. When I came to pick the car up, I was informed that it was a piece of plastic in the glove box and "his boss" wanted to charge me $200 for diagnostic time. I politely let him know that I wouldn't be paying that, as he also thought it was the speaker initially, and I wouldn't have brought it up if I didn't think it was a warrantable issue. There was also no discussion of any possible cost associated with the visit. After going back to speak to whoever, he let me know that he "took care of me." Like, what?

Despite the way it may seem, I promise I'm not a diva. I guess I just think that there should be a certain level of customer service expected when buying a luxury vehicle. Wishful thinking, I suppose. But it's clear that if you're not STRONGLY advocating for yourself, you'll get absolutely screwed.
I hear ya. I've spent too much time in my life solving customer service issues. I hope this works out for you. I have my michelins sitting in the basement right now with about 100 miles on them waiting to get put on my wheels soon. I would be sooo pissed if I had to pay to replace any of them
      Yesterday, 04:47 PM   #57
NoMoreVW
Private First Class
Rep

I’m sorry you are going through this. This is my fear with starting over with a new manufacturer/dealership. It’s unfortunate we only have two dealers to pick from for warranty work.

Was it a huge bubble?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 04:54 PM   #58
NoMoreVW
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Well that sucks if both dealers in town have their issues for various people.

What was weird stuff that happened at Minnetonka? That’s where I’m going on Tuesday for my break-in service and where I was planning on getting my warranty work/free services completed since it’s close to my house (although Motorworks is next to my office, so that works as well).

Have you guys heard of or used Eutocharged in St Louis Park? I’ve checked them out and they have decent shop rates and have worked on some high end stuff. They have also built out a ZB G87 for someone in town that has a claimed 650 hp.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 04:58 PM   #59
NoMoreVW
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Why wouldn’t the rattle be warranted? I assumed they had a limited “rattle” warranty like VW does.

I agree with you on the expecting more from buying a luxury vehicle. I didn’t expect or want much, but I had more of a “luxury” experience at VW more than I have with BMW. And VW had free snacks, haha. Audi also has a better service waiting area.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 09:34 PM   #60
Endz24
Rep

Quote:
I’m sorry you are going through this. This is my fear with starting over with a new manufacturer/dealership. It’s unfortunate we only have two dealers to pick from for warranty work.

Was it a huge bubble?
The guy from Imola said it was leaking air when mounted on the new wheels so I had no choice but to buy *another* brand new tire.

Which is odd, because, again, Motorwerks was the last place to touch the tire in the fall.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 09:35 PM   #61
Endz24
Rep

Quote:
Why wouldn’t the rattle be warranted? I assumed they had a limited “rattle” warranty like VW does.

I agree with you on the expecting more from buying a luxury vehicle. I didn’t expect or want much, but I had more of a “luxury” experience at VW more than I have with BMW. And VW had free snacks, haha. Audi also has a better service waiting area.
Yeah but was quite odd. Like they were playing a 'good cop/bad cop' bit. He said he was helping me out, like doing me a favor.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:15 AM   #62
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well that sucks if both dealers in town have their issues for various people.

What was weird stuff that happened at Minnetonka? That’s where I’m going on Tuesday for my break-in service and where I was planning on getting my warranty work/free services completed since it’s close to my house (although Motorworks is next to my office, so that works as well).

Have you guys heard of or used Eutocharged in St Louis Park? I’ve checked them out and they have decent shop rates and have worked on some high end stuff. They have also built out a ZB G87 for someone in town that has a claimed 650 hp.
I liked going to Minnetonka the first couple years with my previous BMW. Then I had some poor experiences getting some OEM parts and install quotes. When I was getting on the waiting list for the new M2 it was a grind communicating and getting updates with my rep. I changed sales reps and the same thing happened. I had to work so hard to get updates. Whenever I brought my car in for service for oil changes, warranty work, etc they were fine so I wouldn't worry about them helping with the break in service.

I have heard of Eurocharged but I have not talked to anyone who has gone there. I'm curious what they did to that M2 to get 650hp from it. Sounds sweet!
      Today, 09:28 AM   #63
NoMoreVW
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I liked going to Minnetonka the first couple years with my previous BMW. Then I had some poor experiences getting some OEM parts and install quotes. When I was getting on the waiting list for the new M2 it was a grind communicating and getting updates with my rep. I changed sales reps and the same thing happened. I had to work so hard to get updates. Whenever I brought my car in for service for oil changes, warranty work, etc they were fine so I wouldn't worry about them helping with the break in service.

I have heard of Eurocharged but I have not talked to anyone who has gone there. I'm curious what they did to that M2 to get 650hp from it. Sounds sweet!
Oh, their sales staff isn’t the best for sure. It was the same for me; had to pull teeth to get updates. The only thing my sales guys had going for me is that he didn’t require a deposit and I could refuse it if I didn’t like it when it came in (I hadn’t even seen one in person and obviously didn’t treat drive one - he let me drive a M340 which was “the closest thing we have to an M2 that you can drive”. Sure. It was a nice car, but a car 4 door with XDrive is not nearly the same.

I agree, 650 seems a little dubious. I don’t know what the ECU out times are getting, but he mentioned that it was sent out. They did exhaust as well as areo for the m2 as “it got unstable above 140”. They were probably trying to sell me on the shop. My friend had his 2021 840 tuned there and it’s quite fun. Sounds really mean after the tune even with stock exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:42 AM   #64
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh, their sales staff isn’t the best for sure. It was the same for me; had to pull teeth to get updates. The only thing my sales guys had going for me is that he didn’t require a deposit and I could refuse it if I didn’t like it when it came in (I hadn’t even seen one in person and obviously didn’t treat drive one - he let me drive a M340 which was “the closest thing we have to an M2 that you can drive”. Sure. It was a nice car, but a car 4 door with XDrive is not nearly the same.

I agree, 650 seems a little dubious. I don’t know what the ECU out times are getting, but he mentioned that it was sent out. They did exhaust as well as areo for the m2 as “it got unstable above 140”. They were probably trying to sell me on the shop. My friend had his 2021 840 tuned there and it’s quite fun. Sounds really mean after the tune even with stock exhaust.
Exactly. I didn't want to work that hard to buy a 65k car from them. However, the GM at Tonka did let me test drive a used G87 when the sales rep initially told me no. That driving experience solidified the decision to get one. Motorwerks got me an allocation much quicker and my rep was amazing.

650hp is reasonable depending on the power delivery and with the automatic transmission (I've read that the 6mt shouldn't be pushed past 550). If it's more of a progressive build through the revs, and you get solid traction in the lower gears then it could be pretty fun.
      Today, 09:46 AM   #65
NoMoreVW
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Exactly. I didn't want to work that hard to buy a 65k car from them. However, the GM at Tonka did let me test drive a used G87 when the sales rep initially told me no. That driving experience solidified the decision to get one. Motorwerks got me an allocation much quicker and my rep was amazing.

650hp is reasonable depending on the power delivery and with the automatic transmission (I've read that the 6mt shouldn't be pushed past 550). If it's more of a progressive build through the revs, and you get solid traction in the lower gears then it could be pretty fun.
My allocation was quick at Minnetonka as well, but it helped that BMW dropped a bunch of last minute allocations in July of last year. I went in to submit my build to the sales rep and was told 6 months as I was #12 in line. A week later I was called and told my allocation was in.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:53 AM   #66
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My allocation was quick at Minnetonka as well, but it helped that BMW dropped a bunch of last minute allocations in July of last year. I went in to submit my build to the sales rep and was told 6 months as I was #12 in line. A week later I was called and told my allocation was in.
Well you're welcome as I was on their list and backed out last July when they called saying it was go-time . I of course have since changed my mind but I wasn't ready last summer.