F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > B58 Log Review Thread
GetBMWParts

Today, 04:24 AM   #4225
DreamerJoe
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i M.G. w red interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW335l View Post
So boost is on point, that was my mis-read from not being used to bm3 layout, everything looks on point besides those timing corrections. Idk which region you’re from, but might want to up your e85 a bit
      Today, 06:56 AM   #4226
BMW335l
Private
Rep
Drives: M240i, GTI MK5, Corolla TTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerJoe View Post
So boost is on point, that was my mis-read from not being used to bm3 layout, everything looks on point besides those timing corrections. Idk which region you’re from, but might want to up your e85 a bit
Yeah, cyl 1 definitely has to much correction. Weirdly enough, the car runs much worse then the logs indicate. Feels more like -6 to -8 on all cyl.
I will do a re flash, add some more E and then do another run. I'm located in Sweden, and our fuel is known to be bad. But that doesn't really explain why my stage 1 tune with less E runs better. Maybe higher boost/lower timings.

I'm thankful for any other suggestions.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 10:35 AM   #4227
DieselDuck
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMWB58

Quote:
Originally Posted by aataylor18 View Post
What steps would you take in this scenario? I guess run out the tank, reset adaptations, check plug gap. I flashed back to stock. Kind of at a loss. I'm afraid to even do pulls if it's that dangerous.
Yeah as you say, flash stock, use stock gap, check for any fault codes, and do a log while stock. Start from there
M140i - MHD Stage 2+ E40 - XHP Stage 3 - Catless DP - TU HPFP - MP LSD - MP Exhaust - Endless ME20 brakepads w/ Castrol SRF fluid - Bilstein B12 - Millway solid rear subframe bushings - Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport
Appreciate 0
      Today, 05:58 PM   #4228
SimonO
Private
Rep
Drives: 340i

MHD Stage 2 HPFP Logs & Dyno Chart

So I had a couple of runs on one of the UK's most conservative dynos at the weekend. First run was MHD Stage 2 HPFP 95 Ron; second run was MHD Stage 2 HPFP 98 Ron. Tesco Momentum 99 Ron fuel was used in both runs and with no ethanol. Only hardware modifications were a 4.5" 200 cell downpipe and TU HPFP.

See both logs below and accompanying chart. Hopefully this might be useful but comments would be welcomed! Note how things seem to plataeu a little early on the 98 Ron map, around 5200rpm? I'm undecided if I should just run the 95 Ron map in the longer term or add ethanol on the 98 Ron. This car is my daily driver and I'm not sure if I want to be adding an extra £15 per tank when the benefit isn't actually that much?

There was an M140i there too with the exact same MHD map, same fuel, same TU HPFP but had a 4.5" decat, rather than 200 cell. His peak power was 456 bhp. His graph looked identical to mine in every way. I have seen his logs too and they are very similar, albeit with slightly worse timing corrections.

Dyno chart is flywheel figures.

https://datazap.me/u/simonocr/2024-0...og=0&data=3-17

https://datazap.me/u/simonocr/2024-0...0&data=3-17-43
Attached Images

Last edited by SimonO; Today at 06:15 PM..
Appreciate 0