E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Suspension & Brakes & Handling Upgrades > Koni Sport SA Coilover Kit

Closed Thread

03-10-2010, 06:27 PM   #1
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Smile Koni Sport SA Coilover Kit Sale Sale Sale!!!

For those looking for an entry level coilover system for street/HPDE/Track, but don't want to settle for an off of the shelf coilover kit or spend $2.5K+ The wait is over! The HP Autowerks, Inc. Koni SA coilover system using Swift springs is here! Large selection of spring rates to suit your driving needs. Camber plates are optional and recommended but not required.

This is simply the best single adjustable coilover system using true coilover custom linear rate springs at this price point.

[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]***New Threaded Body Koni/TCK Single Adjustable Front Struts!!!***

***Camber plates and stock upper mounts are optional and either can be used with this coilover system***

Price for none threaded body struts: $1885.00

***Available now with optional custom valved rear external adjustable shocks***

Order here:

http://www.hpashop.com/product.sc?pr...categoryId=236
Attached Images

Last edited by HP Autosport; 05-02-2020 at 12:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2010, 09:48 PM   #2
DaFish
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 435iX, FBO

Garage List
Hi Harold, this looks awesome...

1) Please provide a price the DA ones.

2) Do you need the camber plates with these if you get the M3 front end bits ? (to get more bite in the front end). In order to dial out the understeer.

The idea is to not get sways, but get the front end bits to get .75 of neg camber and then dial out the understeer with the DA shocks. This keeps the cost down - especially on the rear bar install.

3) If I wanted to maintain ZSP ride height, and ZSP or better ride quality - can we do that ? or do we need helper springs (and how much are they?) - I could handle 1/2" drop max probably....

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2010, 11:14 PM   #3
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFish View Post
Hi Harold, this looks awesome...

2) Do you need the camber plates with these if you get the M3 front end bits ? (to get more bite in the front end). In order to dial out the understeer.

The idea is to not get sways, but get the front end bits to get .75 of neg camber and then dial out the understeer with the DA shocks. This keeps the cost down - especially on the rear bar install.

3) If I wanted to maintain ZSP ride height, and ZSP or better ride quality - can we do that ? or do we need helper springs (and how much are they?) - I could handle 1/2" drop max probably....

Thanks

Approx. $1000 more

You will need camber plates to get more than -1.5 of camber. With 400F 800R the car should be pretty balanced, even without sways or we can tone it down a bit if you are doing mostly street driving.

You can get within 1/2" of ride height with our SA kit. The rear may sit a bit low, but with rear helper springs you will be at stock or higher for sure.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2010, 04:42 PM   #4
DaFish
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post
You will need camber plates to get more than -1.5 of camber. With 400F 800R the car should be pretty balanced, even without sways or we can tone it down a bit if you are doing mostly street driving.

You can get within 1/2" of ride height with our SA kit. The rear may sit a bit low, but with rear helper springs you will be at stock or higher for sure.
Great... a few more questions please.
Camber plates -
1) Do I need the camber plates with these if I get the M3 front end bits ? (to get more bite in the front end and get rid of the understeer.

2) how much are yours ? Is there a deal on the package?

3) I have read in this forum that camber plates make noise (if they are adjustable) - I believe the ones you sell are adjustable - please comment.

4) What are your camber plates adjustable too?

5) Tire wear - if I am only street driving and not tracking but want crisp turn in and NO understeer - what setting on camber should I use ?
- IE: Do I need camber plates if I go with the M3 front control bits (that adds negative .75 camber I believe)?

Springs and Helper springs
6) Can I go the full ZSP ride height with helper springs ? What I would want to do is maybe dial it all the way up for the winter, and dial it down 1/2" or more in the summer.
- Is this possible Harold?
- What is the cost on the helper springs ?
- Is there ANY issue with noise or any CONs to using helper springs
- How easy is it to dial it up or down?
- Is an alignment required each time on height adjustment of 1/2"?

7) I want the car to have balanced handling (no understeer), less roll, handle mid corner bumps better, and have a better ride on the highway. What spring rates would you recommend?
- I don't think I will track it, but I may do an autocross, but really it is for very spirited driving.

8) How easy is it to adjust these? Will they be adjustable from the top of the shock under the hood in the front? What about the back? Do I have to make holes in my truck liner? (can you post a pic of the adjusters please).

You are awesome - thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2010, 07:40 PM   #5
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Camber plates -
1) Do I need the camber plates with these if I get the M3 front end bits ? (to get more bite in the front end and get rid of the understeer.

3) I have read in this forum that camber plates make noise (if they are adjustable) - I believe the ones you sell are adjustable - please comment.

5) Tire wear - if I am only street driving and not tracking but want crisp turn in and NO understeer - what setting on camber should I use ?
- IE: Do I need camber plates if I go with the M3 front control bits (that adds negative .75 camber I believe)?

6) Can I go the full ZSP ride height with helper springs ? What I would want to do is maybe dial it all the way up for the winter, and dial it down 1/2" or more in the summer.

7) I want the car to have balanced handling (no understeer), less roll, handle mid corner bumps better, and have a better ride on the highway. What spring rates would you recommend?
- I don't think I will track it, but I may do an autocross, but really it is for very spirited driving.

8) How easy is it to adjust these? Will they be adjustable from the top of the shock under the hood in the front? What about the back? Do I have to make holes in my truck liner? (can you post a pic of the adjusters please).

I am sure someone just emailed or PM with the same questions you have. I sent you a PM instead.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2010, 08:20 PM   #6
Speed_Addict
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Crimson Red 335i Coupe

Quote:
Camber plates -

Harold - I have the exact same questions. Could you post the answers or send me a PM? Many thanks! PS - I have an 335i E92 ZSP - stock at the moment....
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2010, 09:17 PM   #7
kipawariver
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: '07 E90 MT, ‘17 F15 35d M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed_Addict View Post
Harold - I have the exact same questions. Could you post the answers or send me a PM? Many thanks! PS - I have an 335i E92 ZSP - stock at the moment....
+1 for the PM
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2010, 11:34 AM   #8
NJ65
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Sparkling Graphite 335i

A bit O/T, but I had Harold put in the KW/V2 and M3 suspension a few weeks ago. All I can say, go-kart like handling. It's an awesome system. I actually now have to keep the car from oversteering. 90 degree right hand turns at 50 miles/hr doesn't even make the tires squeal. Don't mean to threadjack, just chiming in.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2010, 12:12 PM   #9
LOLrance
The Law.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: BMW

Im loving my Koni DA's! Im sure these are a great alternative to the standard choice of PSS9/10, KW v1/v2's.
      03-31-2010, 06:37 PM   #10
DaFish
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ65 View Post
A bit O/T, but I had Harold put in the KW/V2 and M3 suspension a few weeks ago. All I can say, go-kart like handling. It's an awesome system. I actually now have to keep the car from oversteering. 90 degree right hand turns at 50 miles/hr doesn't even make the tires squeal. Don't mean to threadjack, just chiming in.
Harold, how would these compare with the KW/V2s for performance and price?

NJ65, did you put in the sways as well, or just the M3 bits?

Thanks for this.

Mark
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2010, 01:34 PM   #11
NJ65
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Sparkling Graphite 335i

Yea, front and rear sways too.

Quote:

NJ65, did you put in the sways as well, or just the M3 bits?

Thanks for this.

Mark
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2010, 03:31 PM   #12
mwahlert
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

what are the softest spring rates available?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2010, 04:00 PM   #13
bogeygolf
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Question for those people who have been doing the research-- How might these compare to the kit produced by Ground Control? Those also include the M3 control arms, and similarly use the Koni Shocks. Any additional comments comparing these two, and or KW V2 are very very much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2010, 11:28 PM   #14
snosk8tr123
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i 6mt M Sport AW/Saddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogeygolf View Post
Question for those people who have been doing the research-- How might these compare to the kit produced by Ground Control? Those also include the M3 control arms, and similarly use the Koni Shocks. Any additional comments comparing these two, and or KW V2 are very very much appreciated.
+1
E90 335i M Sport 6mt AW/Saddle: Gloss black grilles, gloss black vinyl roof, painted reflectors, Procede V5, UR Catless DP, Harmon Motive catback, Alufelgen SF-71, Duke Dynamics trunk, Bilstein PSS10, Nokya yellow angel eyes
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 12:35 AM   #15
FrankiE90
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Krooked Sk8board

oh what!
very nice Harold.
      05-12-2010, 02:11 AM   #16
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwahlert View Post
what are the softest spring rates available?
200s for the front and 500 rear.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2010, 09:49 PM   #17
gn02931341
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: Bmw E92 335i

Quote:
+1 any one?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2010, 10:33 PM   #18
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gn02931341 View Post
+1 any one?
There is no comparison. The V2 uses stock profile proggressive rate springs, which are very heavy and the rates are too soft for any performance driving. Our SA system uses high quality Swift springs and thrust bearings.

In addition, you can not pick and choose your own springs rates with KW.

For the V2 to be on an even playing ground, you will need to spend $672(Swift springs and thrust bearings) plus some machine work.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2010, 05:19 AM   #19
gn02931341
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: Bmw E92 335i

what is the different between DA and SA?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2010, 05:23 PM   #20
cpt97m3
AutoXer
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackRat View Post
DA = dual adjustment as in independent bump and rebound adjusters

SA = single adjustment, as in (typically) rebound only or ~80/20% rebound/bond adjustment

...or did you mean the diff in price?
Also, the Koni DA's have more race oriented internal specs so are better for track use. They still work good on the street, but might be a tad overkill for pure street use. The DA's are great if you do some autox/track events.
      05-29-2010, 06:08 PM   #21
forza1976
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2022 BMW M3X  [9.50]
Man, those look so nice. I'd jump on those if I didn't already have KW's.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2010, 04:22 PM   #22
Driv3r
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E46 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
im looking for really just tightening my car back up it currently has 50k and ZSP. what would DA's include, somebody said something about M3 control arms? i have a squirmy/unsettled rear end.. im not sure what I should replace..
Closed Thread