miiipilot
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2 Brooklyn Grey 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindaSortaTerrible View Post
Is there anything a dealership can actually do about this if you pull it off
Nope, except It'll ruin your one-sided relationship.
But then again they don't care about you by pulling that BS

I can't wait for those post-purchase surveys. I should've received (delivered) my car 2 weeks ago. Someone on here (prominently featured on this forum) was given my allocation. I was 1st on the waiting list. I was offered the HEA car too.

Strange that the 1st allocation (mine) still hasn't been delivered. Strange that their 1st allocation is a 2024 model.

What am I gonna do? Bail? It's been 2 years of waiting. My car went into production recently but still stuck at dot 3. This after it was dot2 for weeks until it went back to dot1
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2023, 05:39 PM   #24
M2siast
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: A Family Sedan

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [9.67]
You guys should be finding a way to buy a car in Canada and import it back into the US...
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2023, 11:12 PM   #25
DarkNight707
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G87 (2024),BMW E82(2009)-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnie311 View Post
I'll be paying cash for the car (if I ever get an allocation). I mentioned this to my CA upfront and I did not get the sense he had a problem with it. And it clearly says "CASH DEAL" on the signed purchase contract. But this thread is making me nervous. I'm wondering if the dealership will start playing games down the road when things are being finalized. I've spent so much time stressing about my elusive allocation...now I have something else to worry about. Lol
Yeah, dont worry much about it. You have it in writting… but… if they play dirty at least you have a couple of plays from this tread. My point, dont worry but be ready to pivot.
Appreciate 1
      09-12-2023, 02:27 PM   #26
CodeSlinger
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 M2 & '17 Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnie311 View Post
I'll be paying cash for the car (if I ever get an allocation). I mentioned this to my CA upfront and I did not get the sense he had a problem with it. And it clearly says "CASH DEAL" on the signed purchase contract. But this thread is making me nervous. I'm wondering if the dealership will start playing games down the road when things are being finalized. I've spent so much time stressing about my elusive allocation...now I have something else to worry about. Lol
Given we have the same dealership, don't worry about it. They quoted me the maximum markup they could on the financing 5.99/60month when I knew the buy rate was 4.99. I said I was going to finance with a credit union for that and they immediately agreed to the lower rate.

Worst case scenario you could always finance and immediately pay it off, but I'm sure you won't have any issue doing a cash deal.
'17 Macan GTS + '23 M2 (MT)
Appreciate 1
      09-12-2023, 02:35 PM   #27
Dave07997S
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatellia View Post
Has anyone came across this issue? My dealer just told me they will not accept outside financing through USAA. My bank gave me a better deal then BMW so naturally I would want to go through them. I never knew that was a thing...
See how much the difference is between used and new as far as rate. My buddy bought a new M4 and the deal was because the BMW dealer was doing the financing. He wanted to finance the car through PenFed. They told him the deal they quoted was if he financed through BMWFS. He bought the car and literally within 60days refinanced through PenFed. Yes the rate was .25% higher used vs. new at PenFed, but was still better than BMWFS especially if you are going beyond 60 mos.
2004 BMW M3 Imola/Blk
Appreciate 1
Zatellia186.00