BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) BMW M2 G87 General Topics

03-14-2023, 08:16 PM   #67
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G05 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Power Rob View Post
I highly doubt any of the dealers that retain their HEAs for "show" will allow customers to test drive them.

Yes, 100%.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2023, 08:17 PM   #68
Rx-7ames
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 M2

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [5.00]
Quote:
I highly doubt any of the dealers that retain their HEAs for "show" will allow customers to test drive them.
We would 100% allow someone to test drive our HEA if it were not already sold.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2023, 08:48 PM   #69
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rx-7ames View Post

Not the same policy within our group. The corporate bigwigs do not want to risk something happening to it, especially with allocations being so sparse. We have lost several vehicles on test drives.
Appreciate 1
DrJLag420799.00
      03-14-2023, 08:51 PM   #70
Rx-7ames
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_U_D View Post
Not the same policy within our group. The corporate bigwigs do not want to risk something happening to it, especially with allocations being so sparse. We have lost several vehicles on test drives.
I don't think our corporate big wigs are tracking M2 HEAs. They're too busy trying to find more stores to buy. I was surprised to see our Z8 go out on a test drive a coupe years ago. It was no big deal to management.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2023, 08:58 PM   #71
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 ZB M2 6-speed

Quote:
One xould believe that much of your post is abtad from beingbaccurate, as itvrelates to the M car HEAs.

All, or mostly all, dealerships sell their HEAs. That does not trigger BMW to send additional allocations.
Need a translation...

Take a shot...

Yes, I expect all HEAs will be sold. Eventually. The question is how quickly.

If a dealer sells its HEA promptly after the sales embargo is lifted when it calls the factory to request more examples and optioned to suit more mainstream buyers I expect the factory to be willing to oblige the dealer.

The flip side is if the dealer goes weeks/months how can it believe it can call the dealer and ask for more allocations if it can't sell one example?

Well sure the dealer can call the factory. But what will be the factory's response? Will the factory respond with we'll send you cars from a limited run of cars even though you haven't sold the one we did send you. And in sending you the cars we then have less cars to supply dealers who have already sold their HEAs and are screaming for more cars. But what the heck.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2023, 09:01 PM   #72
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well, I was told no test drives. But of course when I show up and the car has more than a handful of miles -- something over "delivery" miles -- I'm walking right out the door.

Really I want to see rust on the brake rotors...
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2023, 09:05 PM   #73
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That's what I thought I said. Well, what one dealer told me at any rate. The car is not test driven.

Apparently it occupies a prime spot on the showroom floor. Had balloons and bright lights on it. Roped off. This goes on for a couple of days. Then the balloons, bright lights are put away.

I was told I could buy the car April 15. We'll see.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2023, 09:08 PM   #74
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I don't think our corporate big wigs are tracking M2 HEAs. They're too busy trying to find more stores to buy. I was surprised to see our Z8 go out on a test drive a coupe years ago. It was no big deal to management.
Of course not, but our district mgrs are whom are held accountable by brass.

Not us, all of our Z8s were pre-sold new. We rarely see a pre-owned unit. These days most of them seem to end up on BaT. I do occasionally see one pop in for some service.

Are you guys publicly traded?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockCrusher View Post

If a dealer sells its HEA promptly after the sales embargo is lifted when it calls the factory to request more examples and optioned to suit more mainstream buyers I expect the factory to be willing to oblige the dealer.

Nope, not how it works.

Last edited by T_U_D; 03-14-2023 at 09:13 PM..
Appreciate 2
Mike_H_264.50
DrJLag420799.00
      03-14-2023, 09:14 PM   #75
Rx-7ames
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [5.00]
Quote:
Of course not, but our district mgrs are whom are held accountable by brass.

Not us, all of our Z8s were pre-sold new. We rarely see a preowned unit. These days most of them seem to end up on BaT. I do occasionally see one pop in for some service.

Are you guys publicly traded?
Yes, LAD. And to continue the previous discussion, I don't recall a single test drive incident during the 4 years I've been here. Maybe we're just lucky, but ai can't recall any vehicles that were off limits for a test drive as long as we had a serious client. That isn't to say we let clients joy ride whatever car they want. That would be silly.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2023, 09:16 PM   #76
Rx-7ames
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [5.00]
Quote:
That's what I thought I said. Well, what one dealer told me at any rate. The car is not test driven.

Apparently it occupies a prime spot on the showroom floor. Had balloons and bright lights on it. Roped off. This goes on for a couple of days. Then the balloons, bright lights are put away.

I was told I could buy the car April 15. We'll see.
If we have someone who has committed to a purchase then we will not allow test drives on that car. But if it is open for sale, we will test drive anything. If I had a client who refused to buy something that had been on a test drive then I would just recommend they put their name on something before it arrives. That's the only guarantee at my store.
Appreciate 1
      03-14-2023, 09:19 PM   #77
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2zcp View Post
$799 doc fee is a bit high, but most dealers are $500-1,000. It is what it is.

I live in VT (no that's not where this car is) and sales tax is 7%.
However, I have a tax credit for $49k from selling my car private sale, and VT allows you to put that toward your next car if it's within 90 days.
So I'll only pay tax on $18k.

The $500 reg fee is a flat fee that will mostly be refunded when the car is registered. It's just so the dealership has enough funds when they go to the DMV.
Everyone has to pay registration lol.

The only "fee" is the $799 doc fee and $299 autotrace. I'd love to see someone that isn't paying any doc fees and is always paying under sticker. Ya'll are so salty.

Regarding the "used", I'm pretty sure the sales guy just clicked the wrong form. It's obviously not used haha. Giving them a deposit tomorrow. Feel free to use my deal sheet to drive the prices down for yourself instead of being negative
Car I'm looking at is listed for $68,195.

The price details on the car I'm trying to buy include a charge of $699 for window tint. Declined it. $299 for door edge guards. Declined. $199 for nitrogen tires. Declined. For "declined" read I said I would not buy the car with those options and charges included.

There is a $399 admin fee.

Was offered $35,000 for my trade in. Have an offer by a nearby (not a BMW) dealer -- 20 miles away from me -- of $38,000. If the BMW dealer doesn't come up I'll just sell my trade in out right to the local dealer.

Sales tax is listed but as a cash buyer I do not have to pay sales tax. (BMW requires it if the car is financed.)

And I have 60 days to apply what I sold my trade in for against the M2's price. So I only pay taxes on the portion of the purchase price I wrote a check for.

But I have to pay sales tax in my state. And there is a property tax too but the tax for the M2 won't be due until after March of next year.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2023, 09:52 PM   #78
sl0m0
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
Talk is cheap, we’ll well believe you when you actually buy the car, keys in hand, parked at home with a picture of the car and that days news website with date visible and current events on the headline. It’s the Internet, can’t be too careful.
Thank you for the chuckle TAG
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2023, 06:16 AM   #79
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
If we have someone who has committed to a purchase then we will not allow test drives on that car. But if it is open for sale, we will test drive anything. If I had a client who refused to buy something that had been on a test drive then I would just recommend they put their name on something before it arrives. That's the only guarantee at my store.
That's good to know. By put a name on something before it arrives I guess that is a deposit?

What amount? I'm in the camp of any deposit wants to be as small as possible.

Also, as is my habit I want at least a test *ride* in the car to confirm there are no glaring issues. That the car steers straight, brakes straight and that the transmission -- in this case a manual -- shifts ok. And that of course the clutch action is ok.

(Before I bought a new MINI JCW Feb. 27 I asked for a test ride and the salesman admitted he was not that good with a manual I just drove the car less than a mile on surface streets never getting the car over 40mph. The car was fine and I bought it.)
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2023, 06:23 AM   #80
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Nope, not how it works.
Ok.

If this discussion with a dealer turns into a real opportunity to buy the car I'm going ahead with it. What effect if any it might have with the dealer and the factory is really immaterial to me.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2023, 07:27 AM   #81
Mike_H_
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M240ix, 370z, Highlander

Quote:
Ok.

If this discussion with a dealer turns into a real opportunity to buy the car I'm going ahead with it. What effect if any it might have with the dealer and the factory is really immaterial to me.
BMW of North America Announces 2023 Center of Excellence Award Winners, Recognizing the Best BMW Dealerships in the U.S.
02.03.2023 PRESS RELEASE
Woodcliff Lake, NJ – March 2, 2023… BMW of North America announced today its annual Center of Excellence (COE) award winners, recognizing 32 BMW dealers across the U.S. for having delivered exceptional results in sales, service, and customer experience. The Center of Excellence awards are the highest honor a BMW center can receive for overall customer satisfaction and operational performance.

Dealers with the highest customer satisfaction scores, the ones that reach the pinnacle are the ones that are rewarded, they get preferential allocation. Meanwhile, the lowest ranked dealership in the country may well be in jeopardy of losing their franchise if their scores are low enough.
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2023, 08:10 AM   #82
Rx-7ames
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [5.00]
Quote:
That's good to know. By put a name on something before it arrives I guess that is a deposit?

What amount? I'm in the camp of any deposit wants to be as small as possible.

Also, as is my habit I want at least a test *ride* in the car to confirm there are no glaring issues. That the car steers straight, brakes straight and that the transmission — in this case a manual — shifts ok. And that of course the clutch action is ok.

(Before I bought a new MINI JCW Feb. 27 I asked for a test ride and the salesman admitted he was not that good with a manual I just drove the car less than a mile on surface streets never getting the car over 40mph. The car was fine and I bought it.)
1k is a pretty standard deposit. That is the minimum at my store.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2023, 08:28 AM   #83
M_Power Rob
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 M240 and '23 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_H_ View Post
BMW of North America Announces 2023 Center of Excellence Award Winners, Recognizing the Best BMW Dealerships in the U.S.
02.03.2023 PRESS RELEASE
Woodcliff Lake, NJ – March 2, 2023… BMW of North America announced today its annual Center of Excellence (COE) award winners, recognizing 32 BMW dealers across the U.S. for having delivered exceptional results in sales, service, and customer experience. The Center of Excellence awards are the highest honor a BMW center can receive for overall customer satisfaction and operational performance.

Is there a way to see who the 32 dealerships are?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2023, 08:34 AM   #84
LivingInSalt
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M240i

Quote:

2023 Center of Excellence Award Recipients (listed in alphabetical order):

Bert Ogden BMW (McAllen, TX)

Bill Jacobs BMW (Naperville, IL)

BMW North Scottsdale (Phoenix, AZ)

BMW of Anchorage (Anchorage, AK)

BMW of Des Moines (Urbandale, IA)

BMW of Grapevine (Grapevine, TX)

BMW of Honolulu (Honolulu, HI)

BMW of Lafayette (Lafayette, IN)

BMW of Little Rock (Little Rock, AR)

BMW of Minnetonka (Wayzata, MN)

BMW of Murrieta (Murrieta, CA)

BMW of Omaha (Omaha, NE)

BMW of Peabody (Peabody, MA)

BMW of Rochester (Rochester, NY)

BMW of Sioux Falls (Sioux Falls, SD)

BMW of Warwick (Warwick, RI)

BMW of Westchester (White Plains, NY)

BMW of Wilmington (Wilmington, NC)

Bobby Rahal BMW of South Hills (Canonsburg, PA)

Cain BMW (North Canton, OH)

Crevier BMW (Santa Ana, CA)

Flemington BMW (Flemington, NJ)

Galleria BMW (D’Iberville, MS)

Habberstad BMW (Huntington Station, NY)

Hendrick BMW (Charlotte, NC)

Passport BMW (Marlow Heights, MD)

Paul Miller BMW (Wayne, NJ)

Peter Pan BMW (San Mateo, CA)

Rallye BMW (Westbury, NY)

Sun Motor Cars BMW (Mechanicsburg, PA)

Tulley BMW (Nashua, NH)

United BMW (Alpharetta, GA)
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2023, 08:34 AM   #85
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Here you go, https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/usa/a...ips-in-the-u-s
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2023, 08:42 AM   #86
M_Power Rob
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 M240 and '23 M2

Quote:

Thx! You be da man.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2023, 09:04 AM   #87
zero21
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: G87 sold

Quote:
And customers greatly appreciate it. My store doesn't even let people touch the cars or open their doors if they're sold. And I greatly appreciate that!
Appreciate 1
Rx-7ames1906.50
      03-15-2023, 09:20 AM   #88
JustinHEMI
Not great. Not terrible
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero21 View Post
And customers greatly appreciate it. My store doesn't even let people touch the cars or open their doors if they're sold. And I greatly appreciate that!
Same. My HEA will not be even seen by the public according to my guy. They have a spot designated for it in the garage where I can go have a conjugal visit if it arrives in the next couple weeks.
xraymd308.50
BimmerFix1425.00
Rx-7ames1906.50
zero213265.00