02-16-2024, 08:09 AM   #89
MPR
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdurty2 View Post
Just deleting the 5AP from FA isn't all of it. You also need either esys or bimmer utility to do this.

You need to remove 5AP and then re-code a handful of modules.

To take it a step further and make it work even better you can do a bunch of FDL coding that someone posted above.
Gotcha, yeah I did the list of expert mode flags and it works great. I was hoping this could be simplified
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2024, 09:18 AM   #90
Rdurty2
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPR View Post
Gotcha, yeah I did the list of expert mode flags and it works great. I was hoping this could be simplified
It is really easy to do, just need Bimmer Utility.

Bimmer Utility is in a different league compared to Bimmer Code anyways.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2024, 09:20 AM   #91
MPR
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It is really easy to do, just need Bimmer Utility.

Bimmer Utility is in a different league compared to Bimmer Code anyways.
What do I need? OBD to Ethernet and Ethernet to usb-c/lightning and the app?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2024, 09:37 AM   #92
Rdurty2
Captain
Rep

Quote:
What do I need? OBD to Ethernet and Ethernet to usb-c/lightning and the app?
When you buy bimmer utility you get access to pc, iOS, and android app's. The PC app has more functionality. I did this so long ago and just used the PC app at the time to do everything. So I cannot say if it can all be done within the mobile version.

You need to use an enet cable or their wireless enet cable.

https://www.bimmerutility.com
Appreciate 1
redcars102.00
      02-16-2024, 11:14 AM   #93
MPR
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
When you buy bimmer utility you get access to pc, iOS, and android app's. The PC app has more functionality. I did this so long ago and just used the PC app at the time to do everything. So I cannot say if it can all be done within the mobile version.

You need to use an enet cable or their wireless enet cable.

https://www.bimmerutility.com
Thank you. I wish I hadn’t spent the money on BimmerCode, I recently switched to iPhone from Android and learned the license does not transfer between platforms which is pretty lame of them, so I am going to ditch BimmerCode and likely will go with BimmerCode utility.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2024, 07:47 PM   #94
johnskiller
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw m240i SDrive

Quote:
Thank you. I wish I hadn’t spent the money on BimmerCode, I recently switched to iPhone from Android and learned the license does not transfer between platforms which is pretty lame of them, so I am going to ditch BimmerCode and likely will go with BimmerCode utility.
BimmerUtil is about $100, just enough to buy BimmerCode twice
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2024, 09:08 PM   #95
Rdurty2
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnskiller View Post
BimmerUtil is about $100, just enough to buy BimmerCode twice
And it has the ability to do 10x more things than BimmerCode ever will.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2024, 08:07 AM   #96
MPR
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

But can anyone jump into it like BimmerCode? By that I mean can you select certain features to code or is it only BimmerCode expert mode type of coding?

And has not been confirmed that the full antidazzle can be coded? How about disabling ASS?
Appreciate 1
M2siast5876.00
      03-16-2024, 06:06 PM   #97
MJH2157
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G42

MPR

I purchased Beemer Utility and Bimmercode planning on enabling this myself.

After reading the forums I realized that Bimmercode does not fully enable the feature.

After connecting BimmerUtility I realized I was out of my depth.

Earlier this week I reached out to Steve at Codemybimmer.ca and I was responded to promptly.

I have a 2024 G42 xdrive in the USA fully optioned.

I asked if he could:
- enable the anti dazzle feature fully featured as I had read about my above concerns with Bimmercode. He responded promptly with:
“You are correct that BimmerCode cannot access the FLM and KAFAS2 modules which controls the light dispersal pattern. We use E-sys which gives us full access to all of the modules in your vehicle and we can apply the needed FDL parameters to fully enable GFHB and VLD. “
- I asked if he could disable the amber light on my headlights. He said he had not tried yet on a G42 but had success with G20’s and he was willing to try.
- I asked if he could disable start stop permanently. He advised that my ‘24 year model has BMW secure coding which meant he could not do this with e-sys (coding program he uses remotely)

I decided to proceed.

I found the service very professional. You get a an email allowing you to choose from dates and times for your appointment. After selecting you get a google calendar invite that will remind you. You get an email telling you that you need to have an ENET cable (you can order thru his site- I had one already), have teamviewer downloaded and installed prior to your appointment. (he provides a download link in the email). If your laptop doesn’t have a Ethernet port then you need a rj45 to usb-c adapter.

I installed everything on my laptop and plugged it into my car. About 10 minutes before the appointment I got a text to have the car running, ENET hooked up and teamviewer open on the laptop (you text your teamviewer code so he can log in).

He logged in and enabled the anti dazzle. Lights come on and off a few times, the interior door lights and accent lights go out and come on here and there. After about 25 minutes he lets you know that is done and you should let your car sleep about 20 minutes so things can adjust with modules and such.

Then we tried for disabling the amber light on my headlight. Again you see some lighting go off and on, see headlights re level etc then I saw the amber light go out. Happy days (or so I thought).

I thanked him for his service and let the car sleep for 25-30 minutes.

It was about 10:30pm and i live in a very rural area (dark as ….). I went for a drive and bam I could see my anti dazzle working. sweet. Went for a good drive to see how oncoming traffic would react and how the dazzle feature worked. I saw the lights moving and the oncoming cars did not flash their brights. Coincidentally I was making right turns the whole time (notnintentional). After a good drive I was quite happy and decided to pull into an empty lot on the left to turn back the opposite direction and go home. As soon as I hit my left indicator I got an alert on Idrive “front left lighting system malfunction”, left blinker was blinking rapidly in the car, and I had a golden wrench on the screen in front of the steering wheel. Bummer. Shut the car off and restarted. Golden wrench still there. Used my right indicator, no issues. I text a screenshot to Steve hoping he might respond the next day.

He responded within minutes and told me plug back in when I get home and let him know I was ready and he would re-enable the amber on the headlight. Great service! I got home and he went right in there and had it back running in about 15 minutes, guess disabling amber a no go on my car. Golden wrench gone, and malfunction gone. Told me to restart several times and try my indicators to make sure we didn’t get a malfunction. All worked. I didn’t get everything I wanted, but I got the anti dazzle and I am happy with it and happy I wasn’t left hanging. I would recommend Codemybimmer for that feature for sure.

Last edited by MJH2157; 03-16-2024 at 06:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2024, 08:52 PM   #98
MPR
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

MJH2157
Even with what modules BimmerCode has access to, it seems to be enough. I see the sections of light turning on and off as cars come/go from visibility. I am interested in seeing “full antidazzle” behavior, but not sure it’s worth blowing an extra $100 on something that may not be noticeable.

Do they recode you when you take a BMW software update?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2024, 07:31 AM   #99
MJH2157
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G42

Quote:
MJH2157
Even with what modules BimmerCode has access to, it seems to be enough. I see the sections of light turning on and off as cars come/go from visibility. I am interested in seeing “full antidazzle” behavior, but not sure it’s worth blowing an extra $100 on something that may not be noticeable.

Do they recode you when you take a BMW software update?
Most things I’ve read regarding coding say to disable auto updates because you might lose the feature you had coded. Additionally, I’ve read examples of people that had things coded and can’t recode them after an update like auto start stop disable. I turned off the auto update feature on my car now. I don’t have any issues with the software or the car, except want to disable the auto start stop on mine. I find it very annoying on this car and my family car.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2024, 09:08 AM   #100
MPR
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

MJH2157 not sure it’s ideal to never take a software update, plus you’ll constantly see the nag on the idrive screen and bmw app.
Appreciate 1
MJH215725.50
      03-17-2024, 09:17 AM   #101
BlueLEDz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJH2157 View Post
Most things I’ve read regarding coding say to disable auto updates because you might lose the feature you had coded. Additionally, I’ve read examples of people that had things coded and can’t recode them after an update like auto start stop disable. I turned off the auto update feature on my car now. I don’t have any issues with the software or the car, except want to disable the auto start stop on mine. I find it very annoying on this car and my family car.
If you ever take the car to the dealership, say your headlights have water in them, they update the iDrive.

Talked to someone from the dealership and it seems that when they connect to the car, bmw forces the update. The person told me, the dealer has been looking into how to scan the car without updating but haven’t found away.

Not sure if any of that is true but it’s the reason I got when I complained about the update
Appreciate 1
MJH215725.50