F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Carplay issue NBT EVO
Studio RSR

04-26-2024, 05:26 PM   #1
Cristianmih
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F36 430i

Carplay issue NBT EVO

Hello all!

I would like to share the issue I'm experiencing with the navi of my BMW F36 2017 and I'm curious if anyone else has been in this situation.
So my navigation was running on iD4 and I've had some issues while playing Bluetooth music where the music started to go slower/faster once in a while.

Eventually, I updated the navigation's software from iD4 to iD6 and I found that the bluetooth issues were solved for playback audio. Along with the software update, I've also activated Carplay via Feature installer and this is were the problems began.

When I connect the phone via bluetooth and activate Carplay, everything works perfect, I've driven the car for 200km straight with no issues on it.
However, when I stop the engine (along with the navigation) and then start it again after 1-2 min, the Carplay and navigation app does not activate, I cannot enter in the navigation app, Carplay won't start. Moreover, in some cases, the bluetooth devices list is deleted and I have to press forget from my phone and connect it again.

I've found a workaround using the hard reset button but sometimes I have to reset the whole navi 2-3 times in order for Carplay and navi app to start and also there are some cases where my phone is deleted from navigation and I have to pair it again which is annoying.

Could you please help me finding the issue? It could be related to bluetooth module/hard disk?
Appreciate 0