BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

12-07-2021, 08:59 AM   #23
crazylilthing02
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ford Fiesta ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightngsvt View Post
I rewatched the video and noticed the M240 was a lot more tail-happy than the M440 GC. It could be the car, or it could be the driving being more playful with the car, but I bet that if he drove just a bit differently the M240 would shave at least a few more tenths off their time.
Makes me wonder if they just do one lap and done or several laps and show the best time. I'd hope the latter but this vid seems to be the former.

When I test drove the m240i, I had a lot of tire squeal to which I immediately asked my husband to check tire pressures. They were all 45lbs which is pretty excessive to me and overblown tires do not give you grip. I'm not even sure if they were rft or not but regardless I got the chpt package on my order and will be fitting winter tires once she arrives. I expect less squeal and more grip depending on my set up.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 11:26 AM   #24
Polot
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i, Volvo S60

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazylilthing02 View Post
Makes me wonder if they just do one lap and done or several laps and show the best time. I'd hope the latter but this vid seems to be the former.

When I test drove the m240i, I had a lot of tire squeal to which I immediately asked my husband to check tire pressures. They were all 45lbs which is pretty excessive to me and overblown tires do not give you grip. I'm not even sure if they were rft or not but regardless I got the chpt package on my order and will be fitting winter tires once she arrives. I expect less squeal and more grip depending on my set up.
Cars are usually shipped from the factory with overinflated tires to prevent the formation of flat spots as the car sits during/waiting for transportation. It sounds like the dealer you test drove at did not bring the tires down to normal pressure when prepping it.
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2022, 12:10 PM   #25
KillerExcessive
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 6MT F80 6MT F87 6MT G82CX

Anyone know for a fact if the M240i and M440i uses the same steering rack?
Appreciate 0