BMWM.D.
Stupid Idiot
Rep
Drives: E90 335i & 6th Gen ZL1

Comfort Access function of trunk

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hey,
Just wanted to check with others who have taken delivery. The Comfort Access function to open my trunk sucks. I walk up, and it sometimes takes several attempts before it actually opens. Does yours always open on the first push of the switch?

Having the automatic unlocking set doesn’t help. Thought it might, but nope. I still need to try the other key. There’s no faults stored, and comfort access antennas usually set a fault when unplugged.
      02-19-2022, 08:36 PM   #2
jpcoop
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i xDrive

Anecdotally, I've noticed this car is more sensitive to where the key is than my other ones.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2022, 08:55 PM   #3
BMWM.D.
Stupid Idiot
Rep

Yeah, your phone being in the same pocket as the key can cause issues. Im pretty conscious of that, and don’t think that’s it.

As far as location goes, the trunk antenna is behind the center of the rear bumper. I’ve tried holding the key as close to the antenna as possible, and it’s still glitchy.

Haven’t had much in the way of issues with the doors; just the trunk. If nobody else has issues, I might replace the antenna. I don’t like the idea of ripping the rear bumper off my new car, but I might if it bugs me enough.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2022, 09:25 PM   #4
OzHatter
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M240i

I have found that if my key is not relatively close to the doors then comfort access fails to unlock the doors or boot. I wonder if BMW have reduced the range or sensitivity to hamper theft efforts from man-in-the-middle attacks to clone the keys? Or it's just bad designed
Appreciate 1
jpcoop364.00
      02-19-2022, 10:59 PM   #5
akincomer
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M240i

hmmm, i have found no issues with comfort access yet, however I've never owned any other bmw. i do need to be relatively close to the car for it to work though. within about 4 feet of a door or right at the trunk. But i've never had to manually push a button on the keys or wait for it to unlock.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2022, 07:46 PM   #6
BMWM.D.
Stupid Idiot
Rep

3 feet is the range where CA is supposed to work, and the system on my F22 works great. On the G42, I’ve also noticed the CA locking function (pressing ribbed area on handle) is also not great. Maybe I’m just not used to the new style door handles, but door unlocking has been fine.

I’ll keep testing and keep an eye out for advanced information from BMW engineering. I have a feeling setting automatic unlocking and “all doors” to unlock would fix the trunk issue. Though I’d prefer to keep my settings as they are.
Appreciate 0