F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Sketchy Dealer?
GetBMWParts

03-08-2022, 12:27 PM   #1
icantdrive55
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i xdrive e92

Sketchy Dealer?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Has anyone ever transacted with BMW Bloomfield (NJ)? I was looking at a pre-owned vehicle MY2020 with 11k miles and the rep told me they don't do CPOs there. I know not every car meets the reqs to be a CPO but for this dealer they said they do not CPO ANY of their BMWs! A quick look at their site shows they have 63+ BMWs on the lot and not a single one is Certified. Instead the rep wanted to sell an extended warranty through another company.

Anyone ever heard of a BMW dealer that doesn't CPO cars as a matter of policy? Seems shady to me but maybe I am overreacting?

Any experience or comments about this would be very much appreciated. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2022, 12:57 PM   #2
Flying05
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by icantdrive55 View Post
Has anyone ever transacted with BMW Bloomfield (NJ)? I was looking at a pre-owned vehicle MY2020 with 11k miles and the rep told me they don't do CPOs there. I know not every car meets the reqs to be a CPO but for this dealer they said they do not CPO ANY of their BMWs! A quick look at their site shows they have 63+ BMWs on the lot and not a single one is Certified. Instead the rep wanted to sell an extended warranty through another company.

Anyone ever heard of a BMW dealer that doesn't CPO cars as a matter of policy? Seems shady to me but maybe I am overreacting?

Any experience or comments about this would be very much appreciated. Thanks!
Never heard of this. That being said coming from someone who has bought several CPOs from BMW and 2 from Porsche. They slap that shit on anything and it means nothing except they charge you more for the extra warranty and make you feel better about it. Make sure if you do by a CPO much less any car, take it somewhere else to get checked and run a paint meter on it.

Sorry for the rant, but if a CPO is not offered, you should be paying less anyways and could add an extended warranty on it if needed.
      03-08-2022, 12:58 PM   #3
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
This isn't too uncommon - CPO process is quite pricey to a dealer and once it's complete, cannot be removed.

So if a dealer CPO's a car - it automatically raises the dealer cost by a couple grand. If a customer doesn't care if a car is certified or not - the dealer is gonna lose a sale, since his cost is now several grand higher than a comparable model sitting on a Lexus dealer lot or something.

Some dealers feel this result isn't worth the effort - so they don't certify their cars.

Not really a big deal. If you MUST have a CPO car, then simply buy elsewhere.
      03-08-2022, 02:58 PM   #4
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
This isn't too uncommon - CPO process is quite pricey to a dealer and once it's complete, cannot be removed.

So if a dealer CPO's a car - it automatically raises the dealer cost by a couple grand. If a customer doesn't care if a car is certified or not - the dealer is gonna lose a sale, since his cost is now several grand higher than a comparable model sitting on a Lexus dealer lot or something.

Some dealers feel this result isn't worth the effort - so they don't certify their cars.

Not really a big deal. If you MUST have a CPO car, then simply buy elsewhere.
though BMW-CPO versus buying 3rd party extended warranty the CPO seems like a better deal for the buyer ? And in the long run a better opportunity for the dealer ?
Appreciate 0