E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > BMWhat app diagnostic

03-20-2015, 02:03 PM   #1
Yellow_Belly
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330D LCI

BMWhat app diagnostic

Hi all,

I've ran a diagnostic test via the ob2 port and my iphone revealed a some fault codes, however no lights are displayed on my dashboard, question is simple really, anyone had issue with his fault before? is it something that I can clear, or does this need looking at by the dealer (car is still under warranty) mines the newer engine for the e92 series 2011 LCi model

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 04:20 PM   #2
cdgatti
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

I don't have any specific experience with that code. But you may want to just clear all the codes, drive around for a few days and check to see if it comes back. COuld be a spurious trip or set off erroneously, but if it comes back then you may want to have it checked out.
OEM Black grill and Blackline tails - LCI halogens with Lux V2 coded as DRL - 3M Crystalline - BMS PBX - OEM Euro Airbox with K&N - Hardwired CTEK - Bilstein B6 w/OEM springs and SP perches - Conti DWS06 - HiFi-Helix DSP - JLAudio HD/XD-Morel - CD changer trim - AE optical out
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 04:49 PM   #3
pinoye90
Banned
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 07-E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Belly View Post
Hi all,

I've ran a diagnostic test via the ob2 port and my iphone revealed a some fault codes, however no lights are displayed on my dashboard, question is simple really, anyone had issue with his fault before? is it something that I can clear, or does this need looking at by the dealer (car is still under warranty) mines the newer engine for the e92 series 2011 LCi model

Thanks!

Try emailing them through support link they'll have the answer or will direct you to the answer... Hope this helps
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2015, 02:19 PM   #4
Yellow_Belly
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330D LCI

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated. I rang the dealer told me that if there isn't a light on the dash then I dont need to bring it in, I've clear the codes and see if they will come back, or worse if a light comes on the dashboard
Appreciate 0