01-20-2023, 07:56 AM   #265
Vaticous
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M2 (Ordered)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_U_D View Post
This thread should quickly put to rest any of your doubts. What ZB really looks like via a DSLR that were taken by Caerus.

https://g42.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1962749
At some point early into the G87’s unveil, there was mention on here about “tracking” this car (or its similarly spec’d sibling) as it moves around the US. Not sure if it’s gone elsewhere by now or if it’s still here on our soil.

If it’s still here, I think we should all make a collective effort to see this through as it would really suck for those ordering ZB to do so completely blind. I would be willing to drive hours to see it in the metal if it meant reassuring my build or vice versa.
Appreciate 1
zero213254.50
      01-20-2023, 10:00 AM   #266
m20e3087
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaticous View Post
At some point early into the G87’s unveil, there was mention on here about “tracking” this car (or its similarly spec’d sibling) as it moves around the US. Not sure if it’s gone elsewhere by now or if it’s still here on our soil.

If it’s still here, I think we should all make a collective effort to see this through as it would really suck for those ordering ZB to do so completely blind. I would be willing to drive hours to see it in the metal if it meant reassuring my build or vice versa.
Try to attend Rolex next week if you can. Not sure if ZB or TR will be at display. However I will post pics of M2 and other new M's at display.
Appreciate 2
T_U_D6687.00
Vaticous134.00
      01-20-2023, 11:42 AM   #267
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G05 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by m20e3087 View Post
Try to attend Rolex next week if you can. Not sure if ZB or TR will be at display. However I will post pics of M2 and other new M's at display.
Surely BMW will have one on display? . Fingers crossed it is TR. I am burned out by being bombarded with ZB always being displayed. We get it, it is the launch color.
Appreciate 1
bean_140.00
      01-20-2023, 12:07 PM   #268
M_Power Rob
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 M240 and '23 M2

Here is a general question that obviously cant truly be answered at this time. When TNM was "announced" and all the pics and videos on YT came out, every picture and every video made the color look different. I went with it anyway as, well, I love the color purple.

So when the car arrived, many of the pictures and videos I saw did not accurately represent the actual color, under any lighting condition.

Is it possible ZB is the same being the color truly does change under certain lighting which makes certain pictures and videos difficult to accurately depict and show the color (I say this as there are so many color variations in pictures and videos that it makes it frustrating)?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2023, 12:11 PM   #269
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Power Rob View Post
Here is a general question that obviously cant truly be answered at this time. When TNM was "announced" and all the pics and videos on YT came out, every picture and every video made the color look different. I went with it anyway as, well, I love the color purple.

So when the car arrived, many of the pictures and videos I saw did not accurately represent the actual color, under any lighting condition.

Is it possible ZB is the same being the color truly does change under certain lighting which makes certain pictures and videos difficult to accurately depict and show the color (I say this as there are so many color variations in pictures and videos that it makes it frustrating)?

Several of us have seen ZB in person, including myself and Caerus. His photos are 100% accurate of what one will see when standing in front of the vehicle. https://g42.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1962749
Appreciate 1
Caerus534.50
      01-20-2023, 12:15 PM   #270
sl0m0
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sedan

Quote:
Several of us have seen ZB in person, including myself and Caerus. His photos are 100% accurate of what one will see when standing in front of the vehicle. https://g42.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1962749
I find those photos to be slightly lighter than how I perceived it in person, but pretty close.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2023, 12:16 PM   #271
sl0m0
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sedan

Quote:
One more.
This photo is one of the most accurate I have seen.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2023, 12:18 PM   #272
LivingInSalt
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl0m0 View Post
This photo is one of the most accurate I have seen.
at least according to the screen you're looking at it with
Appreciate 2
T_U_D6687.00
Caerus534.50
      01-20-2023, 12:23 PM   #273
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingInSalt View Post
Exactly.

I have yet to see one photo supplied by BMW or their photographers that represents ZB correctly.

Edit, A word to the wise, I would not order ZB without seeing it in person first.

Last edited by T_U_D; 01-20-2023 at 12:30 PM..
Appreciate 1
Caerus534.50
      01-20-2023, 12:34 PM   #274
M_Power Rob
Brigadier General
Rep

Just for $hits and giggles...

Here are two pictures I took, firts is when I picked the car up at the dealer; second is 5 days later after color correction.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-20-2023, 12:51 PM   #275
M_Power Rob
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Just for $hits and giggles...

Here are two pictures I took, firts is when I picked the car up at the dealer; second is 5 days later after color correction.
I will say, and whether you can tell or not, that the car looked different in the indoor vs outdoor lighting and much richer and deeper after color correction.
Appreciate 1
T_U_D6687.00
      01-20-2023, 12:57 PM   #276
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep

BMW Center show rooms have a high concentration of 5k+ lighting.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2023, 01:14 PM   #277
Vaticous
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

RAW photos shot on modern smartphones are more than capable of accurately representing colors. We don’t need DSLRs to do this.

If anyone sees this car and is able to take photos, please shoot it in RAW format and disclose it so that we can all set aside the clearly edited photos and hone in on those we know to be shot in RAW format.

Appreciate 0
      01-20-2023, 01:33 PM   #278
Caerus
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M240ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingInSalt View Post
Quote:
Exactly.

I have yet to see one photo supplied by BMW or their photographers that represents ZB correctly.

Edit, A word to the wise, I would not order ZB without seeing it in person first.
The quality of the monitor screen makes a big difference. That is why I chuckle that some people make such strong comments about color when they see through average monitors and video cards. The photos I provided were not touched up and I view them from a photographers calibrated photo/video monitor. So I see them more close to real life and my other monitors don't compare. The camera is also a higher quality DSLR noted for good color representation as well. All in all a lot of factors contribute to what we are actually seeing versus our own eyes in real life.

TUD is absolutely correct in what he said about this color. Both of us saw the ZB M2 at the BMW Performance Center and we concluded the same.
Appreciate 1
T_U_D6687.00
      01-20-2023, 01:40 PM   #279
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caerus View Post
The quality of the monitor screen makes a big difference. That is why I chuckle that some people make such strong comments about color when they see through average monitors and video cards. The photos I provided were not touched up and I view them from a photographers calibrated photo/video monitor. So I see them more close to real life and my other monitors don't compare. The camera is also a higher quality DSLR noted for good color representation as well. All in all a lot of factors contribute to what we are actually seeing versus our own eyes in real life.

TUD is absolutely correct in what he said about this color. Both of us saw the ZB M2 at the BMW Performance Center and we concluded the same.

Some people just will not listen. Simply attempting to be helpful and aid in those from potentially making a mistake.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Caerus534.50
      01-20-2023, 01:43 PM   #280
Caerus
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaticous View Post
RAW photos shot on modern smartphones are more than capable of accurately representing colors. We don’t need DSLRs to do this.
I disagree. If that was true, professionals would not spend several thousand of dollars just for a full size CCD camera body. There are other reasons, but accurate color representation is a big part of it.
Appreciate 1
T_U_D6687.00
      01-20-2023, 01:50 PM   #281
M_Power Rob
Brigadier General
Rep

While ZB may turn out to be hated by all, I dare say saying everyone may be making a mistake by choosing that color. Remember, tastes are subjective.

Me, personally, would never go with any form of white or TR. Now that is me and I am sure many would go against this which is fine, I have no issues with disagreeing with my color choices.

I personally love Porsche's Chalk and Audi's Nardo Gray but feel BMW's BG is inferior to those colors.

Yes, in case you cant tell, I did choose ZB on my order..
Appreciate 1
Clippy55.50
      01-20-2023, 01:55 PM   #282
Vaticous
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caerus View Post
I disagree. If that was true, professionals would not spend several thousand of dollars just for a full size CCD camera body. There are other reasons, but accurate color representation is a big part of it.
Hence the emphasis on need. RAW format on a modern smartphone is good enough for this particular purpose. No one here needs a professional camera to snap a few photos of a car in passing, just the proper exposure/aperture/shutter speed settings on a sufficiently modern smartphone. Moreover, I see your link being recirculated over and over, in which the photos have come close to coverage in tones to other (but not majority) of RAW format smartphone photos posted herein.

Lastly, we absolutely do not need professional grade monitors to get loosely accurate representations of colors on our smartphones. It is imperative that we turn off any accessibility features for the purpose of accuracy, but again, it is good enough.

I have years upon years of photography experience with several thousand dollars of equipment for actual, professional work.

Let’s not convince our fellow forum members that they will never get a sense of this car’s true color without the above “requirements”, it’s not fair. Case in point - several smartphone photos posted in the TR thread accurately represent its color in the metal.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2023, 01:58 PM   #283
Caerus
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I still think ZB is a great color and I like it since it is close to Porsche Gulf Blue, but not quite as good. I at first picked ZB on my build but changed my mind after seeing it in person. When I left the BMW event and jumped in my G42 M240ix in Portimao Blue, I said I like this color more than the ZB I just saw on the G87. I could not see past the color I have is more preferred to me. BG was my second choice over PB, so now it is my first choice for the G87, with AW second.

You will enjoy ZB and it is very unique.
Appreciate 2
T_U_D6687.00
Biimmer70.00
      01-20-2023, 02:00 PM   #284
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
While ZB may turn out to be hated by all, I dare say saying everyone may be making a mistake by choosing that color. Remember, tastes are subjective.

Me, personally, would never go with any form of white or TR. Now that is me and I am sure many would go against this which is fine, I have no issues with disagreeing with my color choices.

I personally love Porsche's Chalk and Audi's Nardo Gray but feel BMW's BG is inferior to those colors.

Chalk is great! Nardo Grey is not bad either. Both are available via BMW Individual paint too.

Let’s call a spade a spade, the five current exterior colors offered are a fairly big disappointment for a M car. AW, BSM, and BG were a given, but ZB and TR are lackluster. Reality is there should be at least another 2 to 3 M colors offered.

Edit, I really tried my hardest to warm-up to ZB after staring at it for three or four hours, but I just could not do it.

Last edited by T_U_D; 01-20-2023 at 02:08 PM..
Appreciate 3
Tag18349.00
Caerus534.50
      01-20-2023, 02:09 PM   #285
Caerus
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Vaticous: You are correct, not the first time I spouted utter BS.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2023, 02:16 PM   #286
M_Power Rob
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Chalk is great! Nardo Grey is not bad either. Both are available via BMW Individual paint too.
I really didnt want or need to hear that...
Appreciate 0