BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) BMW M2 G87 General Topics

03-17-2024, 11:17 PM   #1
jakeup58874
Rep
Drives: G87M2, S3, S4, 535XIM, 370Z

Anyone have alignment warranty info for Canada?

Picked up my new G87 a few weeks ago. It came with misalignment from factory. I've seen a couple of threads about this on this forum. People end up going back, sometimes multiple times, until it gets corrected. Some say it's literally the steering wheel that is off center.

So I took mine back to the dealer and all 4 wheels were out of spec. I mainly noticed it due to steering wheel being slightly tilted to the left. When it was redone, it is still slightly tilted to the left, but a bit less. The guy was struggling on it, I believe he didn't set the wheel straight when doing the alignment.

I don't want to go back to the original dealer, feel like their techs are not good. There is another dealer closer. I know they will check it out during the break in service, but in terms of repair, anyone know the warranty on alignment in Canada? I know in USA it's free for the first 2000 miles per the BMW Warranty handbook. I haven't been able to find a handbook for Canada
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2024, 11:59 PM   #2
M2siast
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: A Family Sedan

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [9.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeup58874 View Post
Picked up my new G87 a few weeks ago. It came with misalignment from factory. I've seen a couple of threads about this on this forum. People end up going back, sometimes multiple times, until it gets corrected. Some say it's literally the steering wheel that is off center.

So I took mine back to the dealer and all 4 wheels were out of spec. I mainly noticed it due to steering wheel being slightly tilted to the left. When it was redone, it is still slightly tilted to the left, but a bit less. The guy was struggling on it, I believe he didn't set the wheel straight when doing the alignment.

I don't want to go back to the original dealer, feel like their techs are not good. There is another dealer closer. I know they will check it out during the break in service, but in terms of repair, anyone know the warranty on alignment in Canada? I know in USA it's free for the first 2000 miles per the BMW Warranty handbook. I haven't been able to find a handbook for Canada
When I brought my car in for the alignment my SA wrote in the note that the car needed to be under 10,000km for the service to be covered.
I was at 6,000km when I did it, IIRC. I have not seen written proof of warranty, so YMMV.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2024, 06:12 PM   #3
LCDRJohn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 Porsche GT3

let me add some advice too. (since I've never been able to get them to correct my alignment...wheel still points to the left)

Tell them before they start that setting it to "factory specs" may not be enough. Factory specs are pretty loose, as specs go.

You need someone who is skilled in alignments. Have a good talk with the dealer before they even accept the work.
Appreciate 3
M2siast5928.50
chris7197342.50