F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > b58tu pump wont sit
proTUNING Freaks

04-11-2024, 08:37 PM   #1
03sla
Rep
Drives: 328i

b58tu pump wont sit

hi, i recently tried installing a b58tu pump and had everything ready for the nee pump, only problem was that the new pump wont sit right as seen in the picture. please please please help im going crazy i cant figure out whats wrong. there is a large gap in between. (picture was taken when i was ready to go ill upload better pics tomorrow morning)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-12-2024, 03:18 PM   #2
ZXMarine72
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

WE can't really tell what the problem is based on the picture you posted. Can you explain what you mean by "won't sit right". AS in it wont line up with the holes, or it won't mount flush, or the fuel line is in the way, ect - Give us a better idea. Alot of us have installed 1 and sometimes two different HPFP so we might have experienced your same issue.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2024, 05:08 PM   #3
sigterm2.0
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

I installed the TU pump and it dropped right in... Let me see if I can find some pictures of my install, and maybe you'll see something in mine that is the not the same with yours?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-19-2024, 05:15 PM   #4
sigterm2.0
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

The only thing that didn't "fit" was I need to do a little "convincing" of the hard line to move over and line up with the pump... but that was no biggie.

...Actually... one thing I do see that is different in mine than yours is that you didn't take off that plastic cover that sits over the pump... I took all that stuff off, it gave me easy access to the pump.

Also, you have to go back and forth, alternating between the two bolts, turning a "half turn" on each as you tighten it down. I don't see how you can line it up straight, and do the tightening sequence without removing that cover. I bet the pump is just sitting in there crooked because of the angle you have to put it in without the cover being removed.

Last edited by sigterm2.0; 04-19-2024 at 05:20 PM..
Appreciate 0