E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Can someone Identify what this pipe is for?

07-30-2012, 02:12 AM   #1
SuperBmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 335i

Can someone Identify what this pipe is for?

I had the car opened up and saw a sudden drip of fluid when changing my chargepipe. The pipe after that elbow that heads towards the intercooler was being shifted around and banged around a lot in there and I am afraid when trying to line it up I may have pierced this line. It got stuck a couple times and I pushed down on it with some force, yeah maybe I effed up lol?

There were some drops on the bottom pan as well and an area a bit below the red circle was damp. I wiped the area dry and it has not been damp since, but since the bumpers back on I'm worried about a future leak here.

Can someone identify what this pipe is for and what it containns? This could help me understand the "possible severity" of the situation if there indeed could be a leak. If it's something minor I won't sweat it, if it's a radiator line or something I will take the car to a shop to have it double checked.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 01:31 PM   #2
JamesM3M5
Some dude
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Heater circuit for the climate control. It contains engine coolant. It is part plastic and part rubber hose, so you may have cracked the plastic. It is screwed to the subframe and runs across the front of the subframe and into the thermostat. The other end goes up to the firewall on the driver's side of the engine compartment.