E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 2011 320 E92 without idrive. Leave engine running with doors locked

Yesterday, 04:37 AM   #1
EdTHd
Registered
Rep
Drives: 320 E92

2011 320 E92 without idrive. Leave engine running with doors locked

Hi all. Does anybody know if there's any way I can lock the doors with the engine running. At the moment it doesn't let me take the key fob out while the engine is running, don't fancy leaving it unlocked with the key in when it's warming up on cold mornings. Just wondering if there's a workaround? Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 08:11 AM   #2
BMW Guy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdTHd View Post
Hi all. Does anybody know if there's any way I can lock the doors with the engine running. At the moment it doesn't let me take the key fob out while the engine is running, don't fancy leaving it unlocked with the key in when it's warming up on cold mornings. Just wondering if there's a workaround? Thanks in advance.
If your car has a button that looks like this in the middle of the dash, then you can use it to lock all doors without using the fob.Name:  bmw-1-8-preset-buttons.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  149.9 KB However, if your fob is in the car and the doors are locked, how are you gonna get back in?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 09:53 AM   #3
TriumphTim
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 328xi

Haven't confirmed but there is this procedure...

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202376
Appreciate 0