E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Coolant/Oil temp + Boost gauge in stock dashboard

Today, 02:33 PM   #1
Dilyan Dimitrov
Rep
Drives: F22,E34

Coolant/Oil temp + Boost gauge in stock dashboard

Hi, I have made a device that transforms your stock dashboard in a few ways. It is a small adapter that plugs into your OBD port.

1) It makes your current fuel consumption indicator into a coolant/oil temp gauge( it is not really useful for stock oil gauge equipped cars I admit).

2) The fuel quantity needle becomes a boostmeter, but only when you press the throttle more than 50%, and when you depress it, it returns to normal fuel quantity operation.

3) It flashes your indicators 3 times when the coolant/oil gets up to temp.

4) It does a self test routine on all needles on engine start up/turning the ignition on.

If the indicator flashing routine/ right small gauge is attached to coolant or oil temp is configurable as is the scaling on the gauges.
Support every engine but for now only cars after 02/2007.
Thanks to Ken Malinich!
You can PM me for more info!
See the following clips for demonstrations:

https://youtube.com/shorts/edNkmyKQrnk?feature=share
Appreciate 1