10-27-2022, 09:05 AM   #221
Albator_IIII
Retired Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335i 6MT Custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Coutu View Post
There is no code that i know of in Canada. You place a deposit and then we amend a allocation to your designed spec. Individual paint is $3900 or $4900 for frozen paint. Different trim options on the ordering guide can be $250-$1000. Headlights and all other package options are designed from the ordering guide. The only code would be 490 which means individual paint and then that paint would have another code. You will not be able to get the headlights without the package if it is not offered as a stand alone option. M240i has headlights as standalone option. M2 only has it in the package. Also M2 does not have individual paint because it is at Mexico factory
Thank you for the response. The 490 CAD sounds consistent and was explained to me as a one-time customization fee. That might be the code I am looking for.

The non-adaptive headlights were not offered on my E90 335i (adaptive were standard with the premium package) but knowing the three-digit code allowed my salesrep to put it in the system (this was in early 2008).

Since there is a three-digit code for the headlights I figure the vehicle could be built that way. 3,600 CAD is kind of steep for them. I have absolutely ZERO interest in all the stuff from the ZPP. Having to shell 3,100 CAD on top of the ONE thing I want which is 500 CAD seems ridiculous. I might have to contend myself with the default lights.

I envy the a la carte options Europeans have when building their cars but not the price tags they have. In todays computerized age, opening the door for more options is definitely feasible.

2023 G87 ///M2 (production began Jul 4th 2023)
2008 E90 335i | Silver Grey | Terra | Piano Black | 6MT | ZSP | ZKO | ZAT | ZKI | ZPL | ZKL |
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2022, 11:29 AM   #222
Denver Coutu
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 G42 M240i, 1997 E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albator_IIII View Post
Quote:
There is no code that i know of in Canada. You place a deposit and then we amend a allocation to your designed spec. Individual paint is $3900 or $4900 for frozen paint. Different trim options on the ordering guide can be $250-$1000. Headlights and all other package options are designed from the ordering guide. The only code would be 490 which means individual paint and then that paint would have another code. You will not be able to get the headlights without the package if it is not offered as a stand alone option. M240i has headlights as standalone option. M2 only has it in the package. Also M2 does not have individual paint because it is at Mexico factory
Thank you for the response. The 490 CAD sounds consistent and was explained to me as a one-time customization fee. That might be the code I am looking for.

The non-adaptive headlights were not offered on my E90 335i (adaptive were standard with the premium package) but knowing the three-digit code allowed my salesrep to put it in the system (this was in early 2008).

Since there is a three-digit code for the headlights I figure the vehicle could be built that way. 3,600 CAD is kind of steep for them. I have absolutely ZERO interest in all the stuff from the ZPP. Having to shell 3,100 CAD on top of the ONE thing I want which is 500 CAD seems ridiculous. I might have to contend myself with the default lights.

I envy the a la carte options Europeans have when building their cars but not the price tags they have. In todays computerized age, opening the door for more options is definitely feasible.
Code 490 just appears as you colour code once you get an individual colour. It is not a 490 CAD charge. There is no charge for designing a car to your spec. Maybe there used to be but not anymore. Technically every car except HEA units are designed cars. Just when is it an unsold allocation my manager designed the spec to bring into stock.
Appreciate 1
      10-27-2022, 11:30 AM   #223
Denver Coutu
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Code 490 just appears as you colour code once you get an individual colour. It is not a 490 CAD charge. There is no charge for designing a car to your spec. Maybe there used to be but not anymore. Technically every car except HEA units are designed cars. Just when is it an unsold allocation my manager designed the spec to bring into stock.
BMW used to have more stand alone items outside of packages but that lead to a lot of confusion when ordering so they have started to streamline the packages and options.
Appreciate 1
      10-27-2022, 11:38 AM   #224
GrannyShiftG80
Captain
Rep
Drives: G20 330i, G80 M3 6MT

Quote:
BMW used to have more stand alone items outside of packages but that lead to a lot of confusion when ordering so they have started to streamline the packages and options.
Heard anything about m carbon package cars not starting production until March like for the US?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2022, 11:39 AM   #225
Denver Coutu
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allenssmart View Post
Quote:
Heard anything about m carbon package cars not starting production until March like for the US?
Nothing that i know of.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2022, 10:51 AM   #226
Albator_IIII
Retired Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Thank you for the response. ...

... .
Quote:
After looking at the Canadian Retail Guide, I have might have been mistaken.

Do the Canadian spec cars come with the higher level of headlights as standard and 3MF is just darker trim inside the light assembly (Shadowline Headlights)?

2008 E90 335i | Silver Grey | Terra | Piano Black | 6MT | ZSP | ZKO | ZAT | ZKI | ZPL | ZKL |
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2022, 11:00 AM   #227
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

Quote:
After looking at the Canadian Retail Guide, I have might have been mistaken.

Do the Canadian spec cars come with the higher level of headlights as standard and 3MF is just darker trim inside the light assembly (Shadowline Headlights)?
Looks like you have to select the premium package to get the Adaptive LED headlights.Everything in the premium package is a must for this car anyway IMO.

You should also add the shadowline headlights which is 3MF because otherwise you get the Adaptive LED headlights with the gold strip design feature.I’m not a fan of the gold strip.
Appreciate 1
      10-29-2022, 11:05 AM   #228
Albator_IIII
Retired Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW19 View Post
Looks like you have to select the premium package to get the Adaptive LED headlights.Everything in the premium package is a must for this car anyway IMO.

You should also add the shadowline headlights which is 3MF because otherwise you get the Adaptive LED headlights with the gold strip design feature.I’m not a fan of the gold strip.
I hope you are wrong. I have ZERO interest in everything part of the ZPP. I will not pay 3,100 just to get Shadowline Headlights. Even if the car comes with the base headlight design w/o ZPP, I will contend myself w/ them.

Just seeing from a CA what the deal is.

Appreciate 0
      10-29-2022, 11:13 AM   #229
SW19
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I hope you are wrong. I have ZERO interest in everything part of the ZPP. I will not pay 3,100 just to get Shadowline Headlights. Even if the car comes with the base headlight design w/o ZPP, I will contend myself w/ them.

It says clearly in the pricing guide that 3MF requires ZPP which is the premium package.So you probably won’t be able to get the shadowline headlights as a stand alone option.The standard lights still look good.You just have to like the gold strip.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      10-29-2022, 11:16 AM   #230
aerobod
Car Geek
Rep
Drives: Caterham R500, M2-G87, Macan S

Quote:
I'm glad we have choices, as there is nothing in the Premium Package that is worthwhile to me.
Appreciate 1
      10-29-2022, 11:24 AM   #231
SW19
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerobod View Post
I'm glad we have choices, as there is nothing in the Premium Package that is worthwhile to me.
I have had comfort access in my BMW’s for so long that there is no way i would order a BMW without it.It’s so convenient.It’s the most important option in the package IMO.I’m actually surprised that it isn’t standard on this car.
Appreciate 1
      10-29-2022, 11:45 AM   #232
fanofbmwe46
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Quote:

It says clearly in the pricing guide that 3MF requires ZPP which is the premium package.So you probably won’t be able to get the shadowline headlights as a stand alone option.The standard lights still look good.You just have to like the gold strip.
Ohhhh… there is a gold strip.. that would actually go well with those gold/bronze m performance wheels
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2022, 11:47 AM   #233
GrannyShiftG80
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I have had comfort access in my BMW’s for so long that there is no way i would order a BMW without it.It’s so convenient.It’s the most important option in the package IMO.I’m actually surprised that it isn’t standard on this car.
Just a cash grab to fuck us Canadians lol it's standard everywhere else
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2022, 12:04 PM   #234
aerobod
Car Geek
Rep
Drives: Caterham R500, M2-G87, Macan S

Quote:
I don't like the car continually opening and closing while it is being washed (although this sensitivity is a bit manufacturer dependent) and the significantly increased risk of theft from signal interception due to the continuous transmission of the Comfort Access system and potential battery drain if the keys are not kept far away from the car while at home due to the system not fully going to sleep. A single push of the button to lock or unlock is fine by me. I would pay a small amount to delete Comfort Access from any vehicle, the last car I had with it was a Golf R where it couldn't be deleted, we avoided specing it on our Macan S and M240i.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2022, 01:55 PM   #235
PLF69
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3

Let's be honest, the locking unlocking while washing is plain user problem, you can put the keys far away or just in the car and there is no problem.
Daily/Family: 2021 Atlas Cross Sport 3.6
Appreciate 3
Caerus531.50
SW192457.50
      10-29-2022, 06:04 PM   #236
Albator_IIII
Retired Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I just wanted to confirm if w/o ZPP and 3MF that you didn't end up w/ the lowest grade headlight. Looks like there is 3 tiers. The base model lights seem to not be available in Canada, the "mid-tier" with the gold line and the Shadowline version.

If so, awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerobod View Post
Ditto.

Quote:
I am happy for you that you can have Comfort Access since you like that amenity. I am also happy that I am not forced to have it.

Appreciate 0
      10-30-2022, 09:19 AM   #237
SW19
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I just wanted to confirm if w/o ZPP and 3MF that you didn't end up w/ the lowest grade headlight. Looks like there is 3 tiers. The base model lights seem to not be available in Canada, the "mid-tier" with the gold line and the Shadowline version.
After looking at the ordering guide again i was wrong about the headlights with the gold strip.The pic i posted of the headlight with the gold strip are the adaptive LED’s.Looks like you have to order the premium package to get them.Then you have to add option code 3MF to get the shadowline headlights which gets rid of the gold strip and the inside is black.It is listed in the standard features that you just get the regular LED headlights,code ZLE,if you don’t select the premium package.The regular LED headlights are a very basic design.I wouldn’t order the car with them.
Appreciate 1
      10-30-2022, 09:51 AM   #238
Caerus
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M240ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLF69 View Post
Let's be honest, the locking unlocking while washing is plain user problem, you can put the keys far away or just in the car and there is no problem.
I totally agree. I have the G42 M240ix and have never had any of these problems with comfort access. I wash it all the time and a wash mitt, rag or sponge never trips the lock feature. That requires a very deliberate thumb or finger touch at a specific spot on the door handle. Never had an unlocking issue either. I presume it will be the same with the G87.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2022, 11:33 AM   #239
Albator_IIII
Retired Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
After looking at the ordering guide again i was wrong about the headlights with the gold strip.The pic i posted of the headlight with the gold strip are the adaptive LED’s.Looks like you have to order the premium package to get them.Then you have to add option code 3MF to get the shadowline headlights which gets rid of the gold strip and the inside is black.It is listed in the standard features that you just get the regular LED headlights,code ZLE,if you don’t select the premium package.The regular LED headlights are a very basic design.I wouldn’t order the car with them.
This is so confusing. I tried to configure a M2 using some European (UK, France, and Germany).

There is at least 3 maybe 4 different headlight choice for this car. I just wish we had clearer information. I stopped by my closest dealer yesterday to sit in a 2 series for headroom assessment (there were none in stock). I asked about headlights and as I was anticipating, there were no help.

Any Canadian CAs here can confirm the disparity between dealers on "Freight and PDI" ranging from 2,995 CAD (BMW.ca) to 3,995 CAD closest dealer. I thought "Freight and PDI" were items dictated from BMW Canada. Is this a way for dealers to hide ADM?

Appreciate 0
      10-30-2022, 11:48 AM   #240
SW19
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
This is so confusing. I tried to configure a M2 using some European (UK, France, and Germany).

There is at least 3 maybe 4 different headlight choice for this car. I just wish we had clearer information. I stopped by my closest dealer yesterday to sit in a 2 series for headroom assessment (there were none in stock). I asked about headlights and as I was anticipating, there were no help.

Any Canadian CAs here can confirm the disparity between dealers on "Freight and PDI" ranging from 2,995 CAD (BMW.ca) to 3,995 CAD closest dealer. I thought "Freight and PDI" were items dictated from BMW Canada. Is this a way for dealers to hide ADM?
On my original 2016 M2 order it was PDI $1295 and Freight $1035 but the freight has probably gone up now with the rise in the cost of fuel.

I will tag Denver Coutu to see if he is able to answer your questions in this post.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2022, 11:49 AM   #241
GrannyShiftG80
Captain
Rep

Quote:

my signed bill of sale has Freight at 1170 and PDI at 1295

2011 E90 335i xDrive
1996 E36 318i
Appreciate 1
      10-30-2022, 11:58 AM   #242
Albator_IIII
Retired Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allenssmart View Post
my signed bill of sale has Freight at 1170 and PDI at 1295
Interesting. 530 CAD less then BMW.ca "Freight & PDI". It seems a portion of those costs are dealer discretionary.

Appreciate 0