02-01-2023, 12:06 PM   #23
BlueLEDz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 230i

3 weeks?
I can live with that.

Plus it would put me over the required time frame to get the BMW CCA rebate. I know it’s only $500 but every bit helps
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2023, 02:55 PM   #24
Kris10_H
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘23 BMW 230i

Has anyone heard if they’ve announced or started scheduling a fix for the recall yet? My CA notified me of the stop sale last Friday (1/27) and said they hadn’t announced one but he expected it would be an easy fix. My production date was 12/19/2022 and has been “in transit” so it hasn’t made it to the dealership yet as far as I know.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2023, 07:02 PM   #25
BlueLEDz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

My dealer only told that they don’t know when it will be fixed. However that is coming from a person that can’t be bothered to provide their customer with production updates. So there that.

Mine is still at the port in GA.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2023, 10:48 AM   #26
Kris10_H
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLEDz View Post
My dealer only told that they don’t know when it will be fixed. However that is coming from a person that can’t be bothered to provide their customer with production updates. So there that.

Mine is still at the port in GA.
Yeah, I haven’t been receiving updates from mine either, except when I reach out. And it’s usually not much more than the tracker shows online. I don’t even know what boat mine is on, I only know it left the port of exit because I saw the status code 195 last week. I’m hoping to get an update soon just so I have an idea of how long this could take.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2023, 03:18 PM   #27
nycG42lover
Rep
Drives: (G42) BMW M240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris10_H View Post
Yeah, I haven’t been receiving updates from mine either, except when I reach out. And it’s usually not much more than the tracker shows online. I don’t even know what boat mine is on, I only know it left the port of exit because I saw the status code 195 last week. I’m hoping to get an update soon just so I have an idea of how long this could take.
Yup wasn’t given any updates either. My cars at the dealership and my rep is saying he has no update or ETA when they’ll be able to sell me the car.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2023, 07:37 PM   #28
BlueLEDz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris10_H View Post
Call the BMW Genius hotline.
Most of the people I’ve talked to have been very helpful.
They can lookup the name of the boat your car is on. Once you have the name you can track the boat.

Depending on where you are, it could take up to three weeks to arrive at port before heading to your dealership. Assuming the recall has been fixed.
Appreciate 2
PP3121357.50
      02-03-2023, 07:58 AM   #29
PP3121
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i

BlueLEDz What I was going to suggest...
Appreciate 1
      02-04-2023, 02:36 PM   #30
Kris10_H
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLEDz View Post
Call the BMW Genius hotline.
Most of the people I’ve talked to have been very helpful.
They can lookup the name of the boat your car is on. Once you have the name you can track the boat.

Depending on where you are, it could take up to three weeks to arrive at port before heading to your dealership. Assuming the recall has been fixed.
Thanks!
I tried calling but it said the hotline is only available Monday-Friday and they closed at 6 on Friday.
I’ll try again on Monday and see what they say. My car should be shipping to the port in Georgia, so hopefully not too much longer. My CA never replied to my email though, so I’m assuming there’s no update on the stop sale yet.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2023, 02:26 PM   #31
nycG42lover
Rep

I texted my sales associate. Still no update on the stop sale. I’m just in a tough spot now cause I really needed a car this month for some trips 😅
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2023, 02:32 PM   #32
Knight_13
Rep
Drives: 2023 PB M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycG42lover View Post
I texted my sales associate. Still no update on the stop sale. I’m just in a tough spot now cause I really needed a car this month for some trips 😅
Same boat here, no update as of now. I did have a call with one of the BMW Executive Customer Care employees last week and requested a loaner while I wait as I too need a vehicle since I sold mine in anticipation. Really hoping to hear an update soon but nothing as of now from customer care or anyone regarding an estimated time of fix.
Appreciate 1
jpcoop364.00
      02-06-2023, 03:00 PM   #33
nycG42lover
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_13 View Post
Same boat here, no update as of now. I did have a call with one of the BMW Executive Customer Care employees last week and requested a loaner while I wait as I too need a vehicle since I sold mine in anticipation. Really hoping to hear an update soon but nothing as of now from customer care or anyone regarding an estimated time of fix.
Ah I wasn’t aware that’s an option. Are you getting a loaner? What steps do I have to go through to get one? Thanks! Hopefully everyone affected gets their cars soon!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2023, 03:27 PM   #34
Knight_13
Rep

Quote:
Ah I wasn’t aware that’s an option. Are you getting a loaner? What steps do I have to go through to get one? Thanks! Hopefully everyone affected gets their cars soon!
Honestly not sure if they have a policy about this or if they will even follow through for me. I asked the customer service person but they just told me they will look into it and get back to me. Once I hear back I’ll let you know. So far the only process has been talking to the customer service team.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2023, 03:47 PM   #35
nycG42lover
Rep

Quote:
Honestly not sure if they have a policy about this or if they will even follow through for me. I asked the customer service person but they just told me they will look into it and get back to me. Once I hear back I’ll let you know. So far the only process has been talking to the customer service team.
Gotcha! Thank you so much would love an update. I wish there was more nuance on process around stop sales, so it didn’t leave us hanging without cars 😅
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2023, 11:16 AM   #36
Knight_13
Rep

Quote:
Gotcha! Thank you so much would love an update. I wish there was more nuance on process around stop sales, so it didn’t leave us hanging without cars 😅
Hey! Spoke to my BMW NA Customer service rep again and he had his regional manager reach out to my local dealer (not the dealer I purchased through which was out of state) and I am picking up a rental tomorrow morning covered by BMW NA. YMMV but its worth calling around and trying to set up the same thing I think.

Not sure what the rental will be but having a set of wheels while I wait is all I wanted. Good luck and let me know how it goes!

Still no update on the stop sale either unfortunately....
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2023, 12:51 PM   #37
nycG42lover
Rep

Quote:
Hey! Spoke to my BMW NA Customer service rep again and he had his regional manager reach out to my local dealer (not the dealer I purchased through which was out of state) and I am picking up a rental tomorrow morning covered by BMW NA. YMMV but its worth calling around and trying to set up the same thing I think.

Not sure what the rental will be but having a set of wheels while I wait is all I wanted. Good luck and let me know how it goes!

I appreciate you circling back with me! On the phone with them right now to see if I can get the same arrangement. Fingers crossed.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2023, 12:57 PM   #38
nycG42lover
Rep

Quote:

So I just got off the phone with BMW NA Customer relations and they kept emphasizing they don’t deal with any pre-sales issues and its up to the individual dealerships with how they deal with this issue. Sigh.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2023, 02:07 PM   #39
Knight_13
Rep

Quote:
So I just got off the phone with BMW NA Customer relations and they kept emphasizing they don’t deal with any pre-sales issues and its up to the individual dealerships with how they deal with this issue. Sigh.
Ahh, maybe are situations are not exactly the same then. I officially purchased the car 2 days before the stop sale issue because I had a scheduled performance center delivery. Maybe that's why I was able to get one?

Did you happen to already complete the purchase by chance?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2023, 03:00 PM   #40
nycG42lover
Rep

Quote:
Ahh, maybe are situations are not exactly the same then. I officially purchased the car 2 days before the stop sale issue because I had a scheduled performance center delivery. Maybe that's why I was able to get one?

Did you happen to already complete the purchase by chance?
That makes complete sense. Nope. All they have is my deposit for the car and the build order with my name. Was going to complete the transaction the day I picked up the car. So officially not mine yet. Unfortunately since I found out the day of I had made other arrangements for selling my car and I got funding from a credit union cause I got a great interest rate. But your situation makes sense to me since you are a “post sale” client. I’m technically nothing to them yet 🥲
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2023, 04:57 PM   #41
danallxt
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240x, 2007 Honda VFR

Another February 2023 Delivery Stop notice
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Coconut768.50
PP3121357.50
      02-11-2023, 05:53 PM   #42
BlueLEDz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Guess there was something to everyone complaining that it only heats up the phone.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2023, 12:52 AM   #43
danallxt
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240x, 2007 Honda VFR

The real problem with the above situation is that the car does not recognize removing the key for some functions, thus potentially draining the battery when you thought you had it shut down. ie some functions remaining active.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2023, 03:20 AM   #44
Invisiblename
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by danallxt View Post
The real problem with the above situation is that the car does not recognize removing the key for some functions, thus potentially draining the battery when you thought you had it shut down. ie some functions remaining active.
No, the REAL problem is that if these functions can remain activate, a thief could use a wire to activate a window switch from outside