home
BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

02-13-2023, 06:28 PM   #45
BlueLEDz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 230i

My dealer texted me this morning that the car should be fixed this week or next.
I’m excited.

No date on the reschedule performance center delivery
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2023, 07:33 PM   #46
nycG42lover
Rep
Drives: (G42) BMW M240

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLEDz View Post
My dealer texted me this morning that the car should be fixed this week or next.
I’m excited.

That’s great news! Is this with regards to both of the stop sales? Airbag panel and the wireless charger?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2023, 07:51 PM   #47
Knight_13
Rep
Drives: 2023 PB M240i

Quote:
I’m excited.

That’s amazing news! Haven’t heard anything yet myself from my CA or BMW NA but I’ll be making some calls tomorrow now to see if I get the same news! Thanks for the update. Hope we all get them soon!
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2023, 09:08 PM   #48
BlueLEDz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Thank you, there is light at the end of this tunnel

My vehicle only has the air bag cover issue. I didn’t order the wireless charger.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2023, 07:46 AM   #49
nycG42lover
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_13 View Post
That’s amazing news! Haven’t heard anything yet myself from my CA or BMW NA but I’ll be making some calls tomorrow now to see if I get the same news! Thanks for the update. Hope we all get them soon!
Hope you hear great news as well!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2023, 02:48 PM   #50
nycG42lover
Rep

Anyone hear anything about a timeline? I was told no update
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2023, 03:22 PM   #51
Knight_13
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycG42lover View Post
Anyone hear anything about a timeline? I was told no update
No update for me either unfortunately. Both CA and BMW NA rep said nothing has changed (I also didn’t do wireless charging so this is just the rear airbag issue)
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2023, 01:30 PM   #52
Bmwixi7
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW iX, BMW i7

Anyone know about remedy for the wireless tray issue?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2023, 02:19 PM   #53
rogerthat00
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 Alpina B8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwixi7 View Post
Anyone know about remedy for the wireless tray issue?
I've got a B8 reaching port today with the wireless charging stop sale. My CA is pretty good about updates, if i hear anything I'll come back here and let you know. But so far, no details.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2023, 07:14 PM   #54
Bmwixi7
Registered
Rep

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2023, 09:55 AM   #55
Knight_13
Rep

Quote:
I’m excited.

Hey! Any word back from your dealer after they told you this week or next?

I still have no new info which is really frustrating. I get how complex the logistics of getting a part can be but it is ridiculous that they have identified the issue yet cannot give us an expected fix time frame. They are still producing new 2s everyday yet the part needed for ours is not possible to get somehow??

I'm usually a patient person but getting zero updates on a delivery date is extremely annoying at this point.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2023, 04:07 PM   #56
nycG42lover
Rep

Quote:

I still have no new info which is really frustrating. I get how complex the logistics of getting a part can be but it is ridiculous that they have identified the issue yet cannot give us an expected fix time frame. They are still producing new 2s everyday yet the part needed for ours is not possible to get somehow??

I'm usually a patient person but getting zero updates on a delivery date is extremely annoying at this point.
I can relate the frustration however my dealership called me couple days ago to tell me that the airbag panel should get fixed in a couple weeks but there’s no ETA on the wireless charger fix. So the indefinite wait continues…the cars been sitting at the dealership since January 25th
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2023, 06:56 PM   #57
BlueLEDz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:

No word back from my dealer. I tested over the weekend and haven’t gotten a reply.
Will try again tomorrow, but his communication has been horrible throughout the ordering process
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2023, 08:09 AM   #58
Bmwixi7
Registered
Rep

They came out on Friday with a bulletin about the wireless charger. No remedy as of Monday.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2023, 08:27 AM   #59
Bandit009
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwixi7 View Post
They came out on Friday with a bulletin about the wireless charger. No remedy as of Monday.
Is there a way to test if you have the wireless charger issue?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2023, 11:17 AM   #60
Kris10_H
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘23 BMW 230i

Quote:
No word back from my dealer. I tested over the weekend and haven’t gotten a reply.
Will try again tomorrow, but his communication has been horrible throughout the ordering process
I hope he gets back to you soon!

I actually got a call on Friday from my CA that my car arrived at the dealership and I got to pick it up last night! Hopefully you guys all get yours soon too!

I also didn’t order the wireless charger, so I just had the airbag panel recall, which I believe was fixed at the VPC. The BMW recall page had it listed for my VIN before, but now shows no open recalls.

For timeline reference, my car got to the port / VPC in Georgia on 2/7, the dealership (with the recall fixed) on 2/17, and I took delivery on 2/20. My dealership’s service department is backed up so they didn’t get to do all of the after-markets yet, so I’ll be bringing it back in to get the door edge guards and tint done. But I was very happy that I could take it in the meantime since I’ve been without a car for months.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2023, 01:04 PM   #61
port_tech_240i
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris10_H View Post

I actually got a call on Friday from my CA that my car arrived at the dealership and I got to pick it up last night! Hopefully you guys all get yours soon too!

I also didn’t order the wireless charger, so I just had the airbag panel recall, which I believe was fixed at the VPC. The BMW recall page had it listed for my VIN before, but now shows no open recalls.

For timeline reference, my car got to the port / VPC in Georgia on 2/7, the dealership (with the recall fixed) on 2/17, and I took delivery on 2/20. My dealership’s service department is backed up so they didn’t get to do all of the after-markets yet, so I’ll be bringing it back in to get the door edge guards and tint done. But I was very happy that I could take it in the meantime since I’ve been without a car for months.
Post pictures of the car when you can! This lines up with what I've been hearing regarding the airbag fix being done at the VPC, glad to hear that it was the case for you! Hopefully the rest of us get the same quick turnaround with it.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2023, 01:52 PM   #62
Knight_13
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris10_H View Post

Thank you for the positive update! It gives me hope that a fix is coming soon.

Still can't quite understand how they cannot get the part out to the Performance Center in my case but are able to fix the issue at the port but i'm just glad to hear some reassuring news. Congrats on the new ride and I agree, post some pics!
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2023, 01:56 PM   #63
rogerthat00
Private First Class
Rep

From another thread I follow:

Got some updates from dealer.

It's actually not about the wireless charger itself (getting hot or stuff).

It's due to the system won't know when you remove your digital key or phone from the tray. And this does not meet Federal requirement (I don't know how tho).

On Feb 17, the status is changed from delivery stop to Non-Compliance recall.

And BMW said it would have another updates within 2 weeks of that date.

It affects all 8 series (including M8), 2 series (including M2) and Z4 produced between Jun 29, 2022 and Feb 16, 2023 with wireless charging feature.

Hope this helps people who are waiting their car like me.
Appreciate 1
PP3121357.50
      02-21-2023, 03:29 PM   #64
Bandit009
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerthat00 View Post
From another thread I follow:

Got some updates from dealer.

It's actually not about the wireless charger itself (getting hot or stuff).

It's due to the system won't know when you remove your digital key or phone from the tray. And this does not meet Federal requirement (I don't know how tho).

On Feb 17, the status is changed from delivery stop to Non-Compliance recall.

And BMW said it would have another updates within 2 weeks of that date.

It affects all 8 series (including M8), 2 series (including M2) and Z4 produced between Jun 29, 2022 and Feb 16, 2023 with wireless charging feature.

Hope this helps people who are waiting their car like me.
You would think they could fix this with a software update. Hopefully they don’t have to replace the wireless charging unit.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2023, 05:51 PM   #65
BlueLEDz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thank you for the positive update! It gives me hope that a fix is coming soon.

Still can't quite understand how they cannot get the part out to the Performance Center in my case but are able to fix the issue at the port but i'm just glad to hear some reassuring news. Congrats on the new ride and I agree, post some pics!
No status update for me. Though the deal did text me back. ….. that they are still waiting to hear on the fix.
My car should also be at the performance center, so maybe they don’t work on cars and are waiting for the mobile mechanic
On the plus side I’ve now been apart of the BMW CCA long enough to get the rebate.

It’s the little things
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2023, 09:33 AM   #66
rogerthat00
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit009 View Post
You would think they could fix this with a software update. Hopefully they don’t have to replace the wireless charging unit.
That's what I'm thinking. And hopefully they can get it done quickly.
Appreciate 0